The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should I sell my SVXi? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33406)

TomsSVX 05-28-2006 02:05 AM

Should I sell my SVXi?

I dunno if I want to put up with them anymore. Just starting to lose the love i guess. It is either sell them both or keep them both and Stage3ify the silver. Just been spending way toooooo much time on these cars and catching a lot of heat from it. What do you guys think? Thought maybe I could catch some sound advice

Tom

NapaBavarian 05-28-2006 05:57 AM

Who is sending the heat? :mad: We can send them away :) :p

michael 05-28-2006 07:47 AM

All things in moderation. Take a little break from them but don't turn your back on them.

jeradsvx 05-28-2006 08:11 AM

I sold my first svx two years ago, wish i never had, that is why i just bought my second one two weeks ago
I would say dont sell, plus everyone in new jersey is afraid of how many windows you have:)

subeman90 05-28-2006 08:12 AM

You are one hell of a good mechanic but even the best mechanic knows that you need to put the tools down once in awhile. When you were at the Reading meet did you even have fun? I can't see how if you did. I am assuming that the woman in your life is telling you this... if so slow down on the cars and put a little more time toward her.

Realistically you have to dertimine what you want...and then go for it.

As for the SVXi..it isn't like they are total POS's so maintain them and enjoy them. (don't sell the svxi)

ensteele 05-28-2006 08:59 AM

I would suggest to take a break. It seems that these cars draw you in and it is easy to spend way too much time with or on them. If you sell them right now, you will regret it in the near future. I would say take a break and enjoy them instead of working on them all of the time. Take a step back and then evaluate the situation again if you need to. :)

pavanbabut 05-28-2006 09:08 AM

I am also with others... just take a break from them and stop working on them untill you find/feel working on them again. Thats a better idea than getting rid of them. But at the end its all up to you and hope you will decide on the better one.

-Pavan

jman050 05-28-2006 10:26 AM

Whats wrong with the silver that would cause you to think like this? I thought that was supposed to be the car to watch at the strip this year:D

SubaRyu 05-28-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeradsvx
I sold my first svx two years ago, wish i never had, that is why i just bought my second one two weeks ago
I would say dont sell, plus everyone in new jersey is afraid of how many windows you have:)

Sounds just like me, I sold my 1st SVX while ago and just got 2nd one recently. I sold it because I thought I could find another one soon. Wrong!! It took almost one year to find one good SVX around here. Every night was crazy checking used car search..finally found one recently. It's not perfect condition, but I guess I was desperate for SVX... I don't know where you live, it's easy or hard to find SVX, but once you sell, it's extremely hard for me to get another SVX back in my hands!

Like others say, I'll suggest to take a break/keep SVX and come back later. We are all humans, we get bored from something sometimes, but someday later you'll love them again... :)

n00b on demand 05-28-2006 12:15 PM

Tom take a break for a while man. You probably need one more than anyone does lol

Hop 05-28-2006 01:20 PM

Tom, if your luck is ANYTHING like mine at all, the minute you sell, someone will determine that the SVX is an exceptionally rare and collectable car and will instantly become worth a fortune. However, if you decide to keep it and wait for this to happen, it never will and none of the rest of us will become instantly rich because of YOU. (just kidding)

You're going to get about $2500 out of it. You've probably got more into it than that. If you can afford to, let it sit and walk away for a while. Tom, if it's not the SVX that you're throwing money and time into it's just going to be something else. So, what do you like better?

I thought about selling mine and freakishly, the wife told me NO. For what we paid for it, it's a nice toy out in the yard. It looks good, sounds good, (got the SS exhaust) and not everybody and their brother has one.

Best of luck with your decision.

It's Just Eric 05-28-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

You're going to get about $2500 out of it.
...Mabey for the teal. If he was to sell the silver, it would be ALOT more...

But honestly TomTom, Id sell the tealie, hang ono the locust. Having the teal too will probly work out to be a headache. And most of all, take a break from fixing peoples cars, clearly your exhausted. Put down the wrench, grab a brewskey and hit the beach for the summer

DanSVX94 05-28-2006 07:18 PM

Yeah, take a breather. Maybe keep your favorite. You have so much knowledge and experience with this car it would be a shame to not use it. There are so many worse things to do with one's free time.

Chiketkd 05-28-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I dunno if I want to put up with them anymore. Just starting to lose the love i guess. It is either sell them both or keep them both and Stage3ify the silver. Just been spending way toooooo much time on these cars and catching a lot of heat from it. What do you guys think? Thought maybe I could catch some sound advice

Tom

Sorry to hear about your frustration Tom. I definitely must agree with the general consensus of taking a break from cars for a while. Go for a road trip and behave like a 21 year old again! :cool: :)

If you did sell your cars, what would you get instead? A newer Subaru or something completely different?

mikecg 05-29-2006 07:59 AM

Stage 3 afi........ You wont be disappointed:D