The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We Need Some Representation (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30754)

gest24 01-08-2006 05:45 PM

We Need Some Representation

I was looking in the Magazine section today, seeing if the new Euro Tuner was out and I had a thought, we need an SVX in one of these "tuner" rags. There has to be someone on this forum with an SVX that is one of a kind that would merrit some attention from these ricer punks. If these were a Euro car I have some hook ups and vould prob. get one in a mag. Has anyone else had this thought (re-post idea). :confused:

YellowBird 01-08-2006 06:46 PM

I'll be doing my part at the Mitty in Atlanta, and will hopefully be joined by few more SVXer's from the area.

Amazonparrot 01-08-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gest24
I was looking in the Magazine section today, seeing if the new Euro Tuner was out and I had a thought, we need an SVX in one of these "tuner" rags. There has to be someone on this forum with an SVX that is one of a kind that would merrit some attention from these ricer punks. If these were a Euro car I have some hook ups and vould prob. get one in a mag. Has anyone else had this thought (re-post idea). :confused:

Im not so sure, because then you get those ricer punks interested...then they buy up these cars trash them, and the result is some of the abominations that you regularly have started to see on ebay growing in number. We can leave this fine cars to those of us that know them:p

It's Just Eric 01-08-2006 10:07 PM

Yeah, I agree. Besides, the svx isnt really a tuner typed car...its more a touring car. Keep it classy, not ricey

my two round 1/16th thich blah blah strewn about's worth

TomsSVX 01-08-2006 11:26 PM

Keep it here man. The bad reviews the SVX is getting lately are kind of a godsend. Many are trashing the car and many are agreeing and not picking it up. I like the way our community is, secluded from the ricer/racer community but still have our own enthusiasts which most agree are not out of hand. Notice that none of these abominations found are on this forum. For good reason, they would be laughed out of town. I like it the way it is, lets leave it that way. The lack of aftermarket is linked to how little interest there is, but it is also limited to the limited production of the car. even if half of the owners were interested in modding their cars like some of us, most retailers would still turn it down because the #'s just don't add up

Tom

SilverSpear 01-08-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Keep it classy, not ricey

Naaaaaaaaaa, the other way around ;)

gest24 01-09-2006 01:20 AM

You all make valid points. "ricers" would kill our cars. Much like they're doing to the WRX and STi. It's a shame we can't show case our cars with Euros. The euro side of the tuners are classy, atleast what I've seen from our SoCal club. Plus our cars fit in better with Bimmers, Volvos and high end VWs. Rather than Hondas or Toyotas. A nice subtly lowered SVX with a fresh spray and some gooides under the hood is all we'd need.

Amazonparrot 01-09-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

You all make valid points. "ricers" would kill our cars. Much like they're doing to the WRX and STi. It's a shame we can't show case our cars with Euros. The euro side of the tuners are classy, atleast what I've seen from our SoCal club. Plus our cars fit in better with Bimmers, Volvos and high end VWs. Rather than Hondas or Toyotas. A nice subtly lowered SVX with a fresh spray and some gooides under the hood is all we'd need.

Well said my friend

YellowBird 01-09-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Gosh you're growing up so fast. :D

gest24 01-09-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowBird
Gosh you're growing up so fast. :D

And just what does that mean? I've never been into decals and bolt on gimics. The only decalled up car I'd drive is a class A WRC car.

YellowBird 01-09-2006 08:46 PM

I can recall the first conversation about the SVX and you were still looking at those "fast and furious" thingamaboppers.

I told you the SVX had some kick in it, and you couldn't find a more classier car.

Huh? Remember that? I saved the emails.

It's got a pretty damn good safety rating too. And knowing your driving record....that was a TOP priority for me. I'm hoping to be a grandmom some day. :rolleyes:

gest24 01-09-2006 09:03 PM

lol, doing up a classic VW isn't exactly "Fast and the Furious" maybe "Stuggling to pass smog"... Yes the SVX is a sweet ass car. Just wish I had more space at the house so I could let the Subie sit to keep the miles down.

YellowBird 01-09-2006 09:09 PM

I think Em needs one too. That way you could drive hers and save your's from the mileage monster. That's southern logic ya know.

gest24 01-09-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowBird
I think Em needs one too. That way you could drive hers and save your's from the mileage monster. That's southern logic ya know.

If you pay for it...

MpSVX 01-16-2006 01:23 AM

far fetched

OK, so here it is when all the people on this forum buy up all the remaining svxi out there ( every last one )then we can showcase them with the euro's, because there wouldn't be any left to buy.:cool: So there for none would be harmed by the publisity. So if that cold day in h$ll comes I will be right there with the rest of you.:rolleyes: Earl you better teach some people the rule of 11 :D

Mike