The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's at the shop now! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29078)

Seraph 10-20-2005 09:05 PM

It's at the shop now!

I finally got the Silver SVX to the shop after much yelling, screaming, and nearly beating up a guy at the UHaul place. My carrier was out sick at the hospital so I had to tow the SVX myself.

I got a factory hitch installed on my Grand Cherokee and towed the SVX to the shop just a few minutes ago. Bottom line, U-Haul WRONG. Lwin RIGHT. I know the damn hitch and the Jeep can take the SVX. I've seen Jeeps towing other Jeeps.

shelfy 10-20-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
I got a factory hitch installed on my Grand Cherokee and towed the SVX to the shop just a few minutes ago. Bottom line, U-Haul WRONG. Lwin RIGHT. I know the damn hitch and the Jeep can take the SVX. I've seen Jeeps towing other Jeeps.

this is good to know when i get my next svx. is your grand cherokee a 4x4 quadra-drive II w/ a V-8?

Seraph 10-20-2005 09:56 PM

Nope. I don't like the AWD Jeeps. They have differential issues. I have a regular inline 6 (much better engine IMO) 4x4. I did have to switch it to 4x4 for a slightly better preformance on highway.

shelfy 10-20-2005 10:13 PM

Quote:

Nope. I don't like the AWD Jeeps. They have differential issues. I have a regular inline 6 (much better engine IMO) 4x4. I did have to switch it to 4x4 for a slightly better preformance on highway.

i would have prefered to have a part-time 4wd model, but it didn't turn out that way. is the selec-trac even available on V-8 models? i would think it would get better mileage than the quadra-drive II. i bought my jeeps specifically for towing and i felt the V-8 better suited for pulling the camper, especially at high altitude. :)

mohrds 10-21-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

I finally got the Silver SVX to the shop after much yelling, screaming, and nearly beating up a guy at the UHaul place. My carrier was out sick at the hospital so I had to tow the SVX myself.

So what is it in the shop for? Paint? Mechanical? Color change to yellow? :eek:

Doug

Seraph 10-21-2005 08:07 AM

In the shop for diff. Then, it'll hit another for paint. I am going to keep it silver. but a lighter shade and all silver not 2 tone.

Seraph 10-21-2005 08:50 PM

Found out it's the rear diff. 850 to fix. 1 year warranty.

Tim 10-21-2005 09:29 PM

What symptoms was it having?

Seraph 10-21-2005 09:45 PM

Same one like the front diff but the guys checked the back ones first and want to attack it first. I still say both. I can't tell if it is the tranny. I doubt it.

SVXRide 10-21-2005 10:29 PM

that's a first...I've never heard of the rear diff in a SVX going bad...now the front diff- that's a whole other story :eek:
-Bill

SSSVX 10-22-2005 02:39 AM

Quote:

I am going to keep it silver.

Are you sure? :eek: :D