The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I hate having to make decisions! (Poll) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26187)

odepaj 05-13-2005 10:16 PM

I hate having to make decisions! (Poll)

Black is a really bad color to have in texas and Liquid Silver is my favorite color SVX. So should I sell the ebony and replace it with a Liquid Silver, keep the ebony and fix it, or repaint the ebony to liquid silver (im not a big fan of doing color changes on cars).

dustin

SubaSteevo 05-13-2005 10:26 PM

Paint it yourself! ;)

...seriously though, knowing how much you've put into the Ebony, I'd keep it unless you come across some amazing deal, then keep both :)

odepaj 05-13-2005 10:37 PM

If I could find a nice silver and still keep the ebony i would! but ive been limited to 2 (two) SVX's for now :(. Im starting to think about just doing a color change, even though im not to fond of that. But if I do keep the ebony i will be completely overhauling it (pulling engine, tranny, suspension) and sand blasting everything (northern car with lots of rust :() Im also gonna want to re-do most of the electrical.

dustin

odepaj 05-13-2005 10:44 PM

Does anyone have color codes for the black and the silver on a liquid silver car? Im gonna go out on a limb but im guessing the black roof isnt the same black as an ebony mica car.

THAWA 05-13-2005 10:52 PM

No color changes, very tacky unless done right.

odepaj 05-13-2005 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THAWA
No color changes, very tacky unless done right.

If I keep the ebony and do a color change ill be completely stripping the car so I can sand blast and clean up all the rust, and I figure a 2000$ minimum cost for the color change will be good quality. Im gonna try and get the car back into showroom condition, basically exactly how it was when it first rolled off the lot. Its alot to do for a car i paid 1400$ for, but to me its worth it.

dustin

THAWA 05-14-2005 12:35 AM

I'm glad there's someone else that thinks like me :) do it then I say :D

SVX-FF 05-14-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj
If I keep the ebony and do a color change ill be completely stripping the car so I can sand blast and clean up all the rust, and I figure a 2000$ minimum cost for the color change will be good quality. Im gonna try and get the car back into showroom condition, basically exactly how it was when it first rolled off the lot. Its alot to do for a car i paid 1400$ for, but to me its worth it.

dustin

Only 2k to do as color change and clean up. :eek: That is really cheap. The import body shop I worked at charged about 4 to 5 grand for a color change. That was all cutins, sanding, mudin, buffin, and removal of all glass and parts. it took about 3 to 4 weeks to do.

good luck

odepaj 05-14-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
Only 2k to do as color change and clean up. :eek: That is really cheap. The import body shop I worked at charged about 4 to 5 grand for a color change. That was all cutins, sanding, mudin, buffin, and removal of all glass and parts. it took about 3 to 4 weeks to do.

good luck

Im gonna be stripping and cleaning the car myself, so basically the 2000$ will be paint only.

dustin