The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lamborghini with SVX windows!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23148)

Phoenix_3737 12-10-2004 10:12 AM

Lamborghini with SVX windows!!!

the lamborghini countache has SVX windows

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/Italian/L.../htmltree.html

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/Italian/L...oupe%20f3q.jpg

msvx95 12-10-2004 10:22 AM

Try driving up to the ATM machine to take money out with that kind of window........I have a hard time with my svx, but then again with a Lamborghini, I'm sure money grows on trees for them!

Phoenix_3737 12-10-2004 10:30 AM

if you look at theck of a lambo it looks similar to the svx's, back i forgot what model but i remember seeing a pic of one from like accross the room and my first reaction was "svx" ....our jdm hood emblems look like their emblems too by shape ...in a way

by the way who was it that was trying to make their svx look like a lambo...i remember seeing it here

RobSVX 12-10-2004 02:56 PM

I used to have an 87 Countach. Actually its the SVX, that has its windows. The Countach started with them in the late 70's with the LP400.
Mine got so much attention, it was almost hard to drive it ! I was surrounded, driving down the road like a Covered Wagon in the 1800s out west.

http://www.foamcow.net/cabby/lambo20...ambo%20025.jpg

Phoenix_3737 12-10-2004 09:57 PM

no offense,..... but why would you go from driving that buetiful piece of machinery to driving an svx??? ;)

Phoenix_3737 12-10-2004 10:07 PM

or let me just guess....you have a thing for the windows heh :p

svxcess 12-10-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
no offense,..... but why would you go from driving that buetiful piece of machinery to driving an svx??? ;)
We have another member here, "lamboman", who is also an ex-countach owner and now has a 96 Polo Green SVX. At Reading he told us many horror stories on clutch replacement and tuning/maintenance.

He originally bought it from ebay; he was the 2nd highest bidder and got it after the winning bidder, who was a little under 6 ft., could not fit into it.

WGJ 12-11-2004 08:07 PM

Exotic insanity

Having owned or brokered many exotics, from Abarth to Zagato, I can assure you that Italian exotics can be incrdeibly expensive to maintain. Parts can be extremely difficult to get due to the extremely low "production" numbers. Cars like the Lambo are essentially hand built by craftsman. They are considerably less expensive to maintain in Italy. For example, I took delivery of a new Moto Guzzi 750 Sport motorcycle in N. Virginia in 1973. This bike cost $2500 when a Honda 750 was $1650. As soon as I fired up the Guzzi I realized it had no air cleaner...on an egine with chrome bores! That meant I could suck in dirt, rocks and small children and ruin the engine in no time. In the course of acquiring a K&N filter set up for the bike from the west coast distributor it was explained to me that the bike rountinely came without air cleaners. They were built that way because in Italy the owners simply had the v twin pushrod engines (think American OHV V8 short 6 cylinders) rebuilt every year or 10,000 miles! In Italy there were/are 1st class mechanics and bike shops on every corner and an engine overhaul v. inexpensive (about a third of the cost for an overhaul here!). In the U.S. you basically could expect to spend 50% of the price of the car in service costs if you kept it for more than a year or two and actually drove it if it was a Lambo, Ferrari or Maserati.
WGJ

Uncamitzi 12-11-2004 08:48 PM

how to win friends and

Quote:

Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
Influence people on the SVX network...

IMO the SVX is STYLED much better than that "buetiful piece" of stuff...:p

RobSVX 12-12-2004 01:31 PM

Well, I typically buy/sell exotics to drive.
I've had a BMW 840Ci, M3 and M5, Jag XKR, Vette Z06 (not really an exotic though) and a New Maserati, just to name a few. Never owned more than one at a time, but rotated thru them.
The Countach was a childhood dream and was worth every dime.

I decided a nice house was more important, so I turned in the X-Type Jag (is AWD) and the M3 for the SVX and a house.

The SVX does everyone I need (AWD, decent low-end Torque, Nice Interior, and if someone hits it around here, won't take a year to fix. Also, anything over 90mph is VA, is jail. I've already got too many friends there (its a wkend).
Till I move or get married, this is it...

BTW,
The clutch replacment, requires pulling the Engine, Tranny, and Rear...as their own bolted together as 1 piece is about $12,000. I worked on the car myself, but didn't wanna pull its entire driveline.

Also, you can't compare the SVX to the Countach unless you've owned both... its just silly.

SilverSpear 12-12-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RobSVX
Well, I typically buy/sell exotics to drive.

Also, you can't compare the SVX to the Countach unless you've owned both... its just silly.

you can compare somehow the looks, they have both some similarities (even though lambo has a more extreme lines)because they are both italian (lambo is italian and giugario is italian). but concerning performance, ohhhhh boy!!!

however, lambo is a supercar whereas SVX is a 2+2...

Phoenix_3737 12-13-2004 09:20 PM

im not saying anything bad about the svx...are you kidding me that would be a sin:eek: ....im just saying you would think that if you had enough money to own a countache you would own something rather than an svx, wich in some cases no cuz i know if i won the lotto id still keep my svx...im just trying to say.... in other words, what made you go from a 200,000 car to a at the most 10-12,000 car...you get what im saying, and you answered my question...its kinda like having goerge bush build a house here in laredo lol