The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sold my SVX today! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2281)

EveryShadeofBlue 12-21-2001 09:27 AM

Sold my SVX today!

Hey everyone. Billy (gotaWRXwannaSVX) now has an SVX. He came down from Georgia today to pick her up and he seemed quite happy with it (correct me if I'm wrong Billy). I think he got a great car that is in just about as perfect condition as a '92 can be.

It was tough, but I'm not feeling too sad YET. It'll be with about 13 other Subarus so it wont' get lonely :)

I still want to be an active member here. In my 27 months of SVX ownership I have learned so much and feel so close to all my fellow SVX bretheran. I want another SVX one day when I am more financially stable, so hopefully I won't be without for too many years.

Thanks for the memories everyone! If you see a 1987 Honda Accord Hatchback with an "H-6 SVX" Florida license plate, that's me!!!!!!

Jeff
Former SVX owner

1994SubaruSVX 12-21-2001 09:32 AM

87 accord.

ouch. well sounds like you did what you had to do. been a pleasure blue. :(

wasions 12-21-2001 10:34 AM

Don't go far, Jeff.

I'm guessing that within a couple months you'll be hunting for a *new* SVX.:)

Are you planning on driving the H0nd@ to Indy in July? Sure hope so!

Steve

Clydesvx 12-21-2001 10:40 AM

I guess he made it home....

I just travelled up I-95 from Orlando Fl. to MD. (12/19/01). I didn't see a single SVX. I guess your baby made it to its new home safely. Boy, cruise control at 85 in an SVX is great.
I also learned that, at speed, the slip stream from an SVX deposits a lot of windshield washer fluid on the car that is tailgating you. They tend to back off and they don't get as mad as when you tap the brakes.

Ron Mummert 12-21-2001 10:45 AM

The SVX is an attitude, & not just sheet metal. Did you get a "Buy Back" option from Billy? Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll see you hanging around here. Good luck in the future.
Ron.

Aredubjay 12-21-2001 12:15 PM

:( I hate to hear that you sold it.

:D I'm happy to know you'll still be around.

:confused: I'm confused. (Not pertinent to the rest of the sentences in the reply. Just a general statement of fact)

:cool: Don't you DARE run off. If I ever get back down in your area, I want to know how to get in touch with you. We can change the plugs in your Accord. :D

SSSVX 12-21-2001 07:30 PM

Re: Sold my SVX today!

what's sold is sold!! i don't know what's your feeling.. ;)

it's good that you've solved your finianical situation and know that you'll still be hanging out here. :)

i hope that the 'H6 SVX' will be your next svx's license plate. :rolleyes: if you find her a good home, we'll feel happy for her.

next time, if you're looking for an svx, you can always get help from here... i saw a '96 LSi(mean green) last week at one dealer....the car has the accident at the front, i could tell from the headlights are yellowish....mileage is pretty good 43+K. but they want $13500firm(cash). i don't know is that too much...i think my '92 w/ 55K is a better deal....i bet you the svx will be there for quite a while... if you're looking for one next time, it could be yours :D

calmone 12-21-2001 09:15 PM

I just travelled up I-95 from Orlando Fl. to MD

i did that once, from lauderdale though. bought a car and it was only as i was in the middle of florida getting gas that i realized the previous owner had sold me a car whose tags had expired a month earlier. what to do. what to do. well, only one thing, drive like hell through 6 states with dead tags and pray i could keep smokey off my bumper.

Ron Mummert 12-21-2001 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
I just travelled up I-95 from Orlando Fl. to MD

i did that once, from lauderdale though. bought a car and it was only as i was in the middle of florida getting gas that i realized the previous owner had sold me a car whose tags had expired a month earlier. what to do. what to do. well, only one thing, drive like hell through 6 states with dead tags and pray i could keep smokey off my bumper.

...and since that car was an Acura NSX, I doubt smokey even noticed.
Ron.

EveryShadeofBlue 12-22-2001 06:02 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll still be lurking and I'll pipe up when I see fit, at least I won't be complaining anymore aobut bad service and engine problems ;)

Jeff