The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Transmissition Failure Rate Poll, 92-94 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194)

svxter 03-29-2001 02:17 PM

I tried doing this on Yahoo, but the post quickly got buried. A few people responded, but not enough to make a meaningful set of data. Maybe this will work better, maybe not.

Please select the option that describes your car. Please do not post replies to this thread, just mark the appropriate choice. Owners of 95-97 model year cars, check Transmission Failure Rate Poll, 95-97.

If this yields anything that makes any sense, I'll try adding something about mileage, too.

cocacola08 08-29-2001 11:09 AM

Boy this thread is an oldie.

Haven't had any tranny woes--knock on wood--since I bought the car, but not sure on the history of it

oneothefewproud 08-29-2001 11:26 AM

Tranny

My 92 tranny was replaced prior to me obtaining her. I think it was around 65K will check the records. And I am currently at 145K and going strong.

thanx
Wayne

svxter 08-29-2001 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08
Boy this thread is an oldie.

Haven't had any tranny woes--knock on wood--since I bought the car, but not sure on the history of it

Maybe now that there are lot more members, we can collect some more data. There's also one for 95-97 models. Thanks for digging it up.

LarryIII 08-29-2001 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter
I tried doing this on Yahoo, but the post quickly got buried. A few people responded, but not enough to make a meaningful set of data. Maybe this will work better, maybe not.

Please select the option that describes your car. Please do not post replies to this thread, just mark the appropriate choice. Owners of 95-97 model year cars, check Transmission Failure Rate Poll, 95-97.

If this yields anything that makes any sense, I'll try adding something about mileage, too.

Svxter,

I just looked for the 95-97 tranny failure poll and could'nt find it.
Where did you put it? :confused:
I feel that I'm being disenfranchised (and I'm not even French ) just like those voters in Florida. :D

Larry III:cool:

Aredubjay 08-29-2001 01:54 PM

Hmmmm. I'm somewhat at a loss, here. It is obvious that my SVX has had the original tranny replaced. So, there's one failure. I checked with SOA when I first got the car. There was no tranny work during the warranty period. So, if the last transmission was the *Second* transmission in the car, and since it failed, would be the "Second" failure -- even if it was a Legacy tranny. I don't think that should count, since the Legacy tranny wasn't made for the car -- am I just rambling and babbling here? I think so. :confused:

Aredubjay 08-29-2001 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Svxter,

I just looked for the 95-97 tranny failure poll and could'nt find it.
Where did you put it? :confused:
I feel that I'm being disenfranchised (and I'm not even French ) just like those voters in Florida. :D

Larry III:cool:

Lawrence! We have a SEARCH function on this site. Click the button amongst all the other purple buttons and do a search on "Transmission Failure Rate Poll, 95-97." Bon chance!

svxter 08-29-2001 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Lawrence! We have a SEARCH function on this site. Click the button amongst all the other purple buttons and do a search on "Transmission Failure Rate Poll, 95-97." Bon chance!

I dug it up - should appear near the top of the list now.

Aredubjay 08-29-2001 02:04 PM

Quote:

I dug it up - should appear near the top of the list now.

Bill. You are an "enabler." Stop enabling Larry's addiction to Yahoo -- help him break free and use the search function for himself. :D

svxter 08-29-2001 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Bill. You are an "enabler." Stop enabling Larry's addiction to Yahoo -- help him break free and use the search function for himself. :D

Oh, you're right - I didn't think of his Yahoo addiction. We'll have to get him enrolled in a 12-step program right away.

Larry - don't look at those posts until you've found them yourself. ;)

cocacola08 08-29-2001 02:55 PM

I hadta change the pull down at the bottom of the screen to "from the beginning." then sorted by date in acending order. lotsa old stuff in there

dromano 08-29-2001 03:34 PM

Quote:

Can I vote twice?:)

svxter 08-29-2001 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano
Can I vote twice?:)
Actually, I don't think the software will let you.

svx_commuter 08-29-2001 07:13 PM

In the past 30K miles I have no failures of the front wheel drive but the rear wheel drive isn't working. But it may not have been working when I got the car. Most likely. I know it was replaced under warantee in Brooklyn NYC after about 3k miles and I think it was rebuilt around 43k miles. So is that no failures while I own it or 2 and a half for the life of the car?

svxter 08-29-2001 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
In the past 30K miles I have no failures of the front wheel drive but the rear wheel drive isn't working. But it may not have been working when I got the car. Most likely. I know it was replaced under warantee in Brooklyn NYC after about 3k miles and I think it was rebuilt around 43k miles. So is that no failures while I own it or 2 and a half for the life of the car?
Well, if the transmission works, but the RWD doesn't, it would sound to me like a differential failure, or something of that sort. Perhaps Eddycat will pop in and clarify for us. Otherwise, I'd say it's 2 failures.