The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   They closed my thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19241)

svxhunter 06-11-2004 09:44 PM

They closed my thread

Wow, I never had a thread closed before.:eek:

Sorry to arouse such emotions. (hostilities? lewdness? recklessness? passion?)

Ho hum... I didn't even get to post there again.

sigh...

I still love you guys!

;)

Alycone 06-11-2004 10:36 PM

Congrats (I guess) on your first lock! Even if it's not quite as cool as a delete. :p

Porter 06-11-2004 10:42 PM

I'm wishing for a delete about now... sorry to yell at everybody. I've taken a lot of very personal flak over the event and I have a tendency to fly off the handle on some specific issues that I believe have been misrepresented.

Sorry!

svxhunter 06-12-2004 03:56 AM

No problem, Porter.

Sorry you've taken a beating over this. I still think you're cool!:cool:

I am interested in your perspective. When the dust settles and you are able to think straight about it, how about considering starting a new thread with the details of the event from your side?

Thanks!

Landshark 06-12-2004 08:41 AM

Re: They closed my thread

Quote:

Originally posted by svxhunter
Wow, I never had a thread closed before.:eek:

welcome to the new SVX Police-State Network!

this thread will be locked or deleted in 3...2...1...

<sigh>

CigarJohnny 06-12-2004 09:45 AM

Chris, I am sorry to hear about you and your car. :( That really sux. I hope you get her fixed up. You have too nice a car for that to happen to.
Quote:

When the dust settles and you are able to think straight about it, how about considering starting a new thread with the details of the event from your side?
Porter, I second that idea. I just finished reading the post that was locked down and I agree with your interpretation. People were stating rumors of accidents as being directly related to the event itself and were making statements that the event is unsafe and too large. Don't know how anyone could read it and think otherwise but I am not other people. Just keep your cool and understand that you will always have people who over react to some things. I occassionaly jump the gun on incomplete comprehensions. We are all guilty of knee-jerk reactions at one time or another.

I have never attended the event but it sounds like fun. Perhaps one day I may attend.

Johnny

immortal_suby 06-12-2004 12:46 PM

Re: Re: They closed my thread

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

welcome to the new SVX Police-State Network!

this thread will be locked or deleted in 3...2...1...

<sigh>

Quote:

Originally posted by Ensteele I guess I have to close this thread because it has been reported to me several times about language and responses.
Reading comprehension got you down? The network is being policed by it's own members - we are just the managent. :rolleyes:

Landshark 06-12-2004 12:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: They closed my thread

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby

Reading comprehension got you down? The network is being policed by it's own members - we are just the managent. :rolleyes:

can you explain why my "Engrish" thread was pulled? my reading comprehension is very good - i followed the rules and provided a translation. no swearing, flaming, etc. just a little questioning of the new rules, pretty much in good fun. it was yanked and i didn't even get a warning.

watch your sense of humor, things are disapperaing around here. :rolleyes:

immortal_suby 06-12-2004 12:59 PM

I have no recollection of that turn of events.

BigBlueSVX 06-12-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

can you explain why my "Engrish" thread was pulled? my reading comprehension is very good - i followed the rules and provided a translation. no swearing, flaming, etc. just a little questioning of the new rules, pretty much in good fun. it was yanked and i didn't even get a warning.
I totally agree. Sometimes keeping the thread "clean" and trying not to offend people goes a little too far...

immortal_suby 06-12-2004 01:09 PM

I understand what you are saying - but we're not just lurking in the shadows searching for threads to balete.
99% of stuff that gets canned or locked is because members report the post to a moderator. The membership here is telling us what they do or do not find offensive and we are reacting to that.

Phast SVX 06-12-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I understand what you are saying - but we're not just lurking in the shadows searching for threads to balete.
99% of stuff that gets canned or locked is because members report the post to a moderator. The membership here is telling us what they do or do not find offensive and we are reacting to that.

So if i report this thread becuase i find it offensive you'll lock it?
craziness. Do you know that chaos breeds order on its own, and when you try to create order without chaos, you are merely creating more chaos(when it isnt neccisarily needed).
phil
P.S. this is also coming from a memeber that has been around from the first day of this forums creation.

RSVX 06-12-2004 06:59 PM

I personally think that the police state here is getting out of hand...

its one thing to not condone racing, but to restrict talking about it?

Someone stretched the legs on their car and wanted to talk about it? Its gets locked? WTF...

You need to search the archives and lock one hell of a lot more threads than the couple of recent ones...

by the way, this thread is offensive to me, so please lock it, ok?:rolleyes:

Basically, Moderation should be handled in, well... moderation... and thats NOT whats happening here.:rolleyes:

Landshark 06-12-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX
I personally think that the police state here is getting out of hand...

its one thing to not condone racing, but to restrict talking about it?

Someone stretched the legs on their car and wanted to talk about it? Its gets locked? WTF...

You need to search the archives and lock one hell of a lot more threads than the couple of recent ones...

by the way, this thread is offensive to me, so please lock it, ok?:rolleyes:

Basically, Moderation should be handled in, well... moderation... and thats NOT whats happening here.:rolleyes:

mohrds 06-12-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlueSVX

I totally agree. Sometimes keeping the thread "clean" and trying not to offend people goes a little too far...

You need to understand what has happened lately. There are certain members who are trying to test the limits. A lot of the threads being locked have undertones that 95% of the membership doesn't pick up on, however those that do understand them, find them quite annoying and offensive.

Think of it as two children, one poking the other one. The one being poked cries to mom "Billy's poking me" Mom says "Billy, don't touch your sister." Well, Billy then puts his fingers one inch from her face over and over and over again. She cries more, mom disciplines Billy. Billy says "Why are you treating me unfairly? I didn't touch her!"

See what we have to deal with?

It may seem like a police state to the occasional viewer, but it is merely the function of us keeping certain "children" in line.

Doug