The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whitefish Auction (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22031)

Peach 10-17-2004 09:25 PM

Whitefish Auction

I was able to make the Whitefish Auction. If anybody else from the site was there I missed them. All I can say is when I looked and sat in the liquid silver 92 with 38k miles my heart went twangggg. The engine compartment(s) of the 3 SVXes for auction were almost like new, I will have pics on tues after I pick up my disc. Every vehicle there was a very nice custom toy. I don't think I will ever see SVXes like that again.:( But the rocket ride trip through Montana and back was very cool.:cool:

SubaSteevo 10-17-2004 09:35 PM

How much did they go for?

Peach 10-17-2004 09:46 PM

too much

I stuck around long enough to find out my 3k cash I brought wouldn't buy anything. There were some power buyers there using cell phones, and they were determined to go home with a SVX. When the second car hit 4,500 I left. I will contact the auction co. by e-mail to see if they'll give some info. There was so much stuff to auction it took hours. I left with my heart broke so I stopped to gamble in every town till I was outta Montana.

Seraph 10-17-2004 10:14 PM

is it a local auction or menheim related auction? If it is menheim related one, I can look up.

Alycone 10-18-2004 10:10 PM

I'd be curious to know where the SVXs ended up. :confused:

shelfy 10-18-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
I'd be curious to know where the SVXs ended up. :confused:
i didn't get one. :(

shelfy 10-18-2004 10:20 PM

Re: Whitefish Auction

Quote:

Originally posted by Peach
I don't think I will ever see SVXes like that again.:(
you can also come to colorado to see one. :D

hopefully, i will be attending the western region meet next year, which will most likely be in west yellowstone. you can see it there.

Green1995SVX 10-18-2004 10:22 PM

I was phone bidding on the 92 Silver and hung up when it went past $7000. :(

Mike

Seraph 10-18-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I was phone bidding on the 92 Silver and hung up when it went past $7000. :(

Mike

Ouch

Peach 10-19-2004 11:00 AM

Svx Prices

Well, I guess leaving the auction early was a good thing. I had to time the trip so I had some light to avoid the thick numbers of deer, gawd they were everywhere!! Anyway I contacted the Auction co. and the prices for the beauties were from 6500 to 8000, unreal I know. Pics still coming today... my kids computer is acting up, right after Norton Anti-Virus expired hmmmm... I might have done better to go to the fall colors, but then I couldn't have cruised at 100 plus...the SVX felt right at home.:D

Earthworm 10-19-2004 12:02 PM

Install the corporate edition of Symantec Antivirus.

I wonder how long before a new member shows up with one of the auctioned SVX's?

WestCoastSVX 10-19-2004 01:53 PM

So now that this guy's collection has been spread everywhere, Earl truly does have the largest SVX collection in the known universe. :)

Wow, I guess lakefivehenry wasn't just blowing steam back when he used to post here about his pristine SVX collection, some with low miles, some with special mods, etc. If I remember right he pretty much got mocked into non-posting status. :(

manofmayo 10-19-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peach
WI might have done better to go to the fall colors, but then I couldn't have cruised at 100 plus...the SVX felt right at home.:D
Well I am sure one of us might have hit 100 on the way back from Verlot Saturday......

Alycone 10-19-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Wow, I guess lakefivehenry wasn't just blowing steam back when he used to post here about his pristine SVX collection, some with low miles, some with special mods, etc. If I remember right he pretty much got mocked into non-posting status.
Yeah, I think people thought he was dreaming when he listed a high asking price for an SVX he was thinking about selling. Guess he was right afterall, good grief. :eek:

ensteele 10-21-2004 12:46 AM

I didn't go to the auction either. I would have liked to have seen them, but had fun at the Fall Colors meet instead.

I need to go fill my cooler again. :rolleyes: :cool: