The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tennessee shooting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27822)

demonsvx 08-10-2005 06:50 PM

Tennessee shooting

MAN this is a little close to home.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050811/...house_shooting

n00b on demand 08-10-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx

Its sad how often these things happen where I live....almost like old news now :(

ensteele 08-10-2005 07:36 PM

:( :( :( :(

SVXtra 08-10-2005 07:43 PM

This is why

On occasion depending on the situation I wear my 2340, 239 or 229. Under license of course.

Noir 08-10-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Its sad how often these things happen where I live....almost like old news now :(

yep, no shocker to us atlantans. :p

Brian Nichols, baby!!!!!

Me and my friends were pissed when he turned himself in.

Royal Tiger 08-11-2005 06:37 AM

SVXtra, I'm not a big fan of Smith & Wesson's, but as an owner of both of your other pieces, good choice. SIG/Sauer is my favorite with Heckler & Koch being second. My 229 is DAO and my 239 is conventional. Both are in 40 cal. and have the night sights.

gsodonis 08-11-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx

Tell me about it! I work about ten miles from that courthouse. I used to go there to renew my vehicle registrations before a more convenient one opened closer to my house.
I'm glad that they caught 'em. They'll probably get the death penalty - all for 36 hours of freedom.
My heart aches for the family that lost their loved one.

SVXtra 08-11-2005 02:59 PM

Sorry to be going a bit off topic guys.

Quote:

SVXtra, I'm not a big fan of Smith & Wesson's, but as an owner of both of your other pieces, good choice. SIG/Sauer is my favorite with Heckler & Koch being second. My 229 is DAO and my 239 is conventional. Both are in 40 cal. and have the night sights.

I do not own any Smith and Wesson firearms. I assume you were referring to my mention of owning a 2340? Which is also a Sig. Its know as the Sig Pro or SP2340. Mine is chambered in 357sig. And is SA on the first shot then DA on the remaining shots. With approximately a 10 pound trigger pull in the first shot and then changing over to a 5 pound pull in the remaining shots or until the weapon is de-cocked. Many shooters as you probably know do not care for the change in trigger pull but for me personally I like knowing I have to apply 10 pounds of pressure to the trigger before the weapon will fire. Sig also offers the SP2340 in 40 S&W and a model SP2009 which is chambered only in 9mm. I used to have Siglite night sights on my 229 but had them remover because I simply could not see them [ I must wear 3 diopter reading/shooting glasses] as well as the standard sights. The Pro series was SIG-ARMS first polymer frame handgun and weighing in at just over 27 .oz empty is an amazing handgun. It comes from the factory with small and large interchangeable hand grips. In just over five years of ownership and shooting well over a thousand rounds; I have never had a FTF shooting mostly Mag-Tech and Speer Gold Dots. My holsters are all High Noon model sky highs with a Thumbreak. Which provides a 15 degree forward cant which I always wear at the 4:00 position. I feel this model of holster gives me unsurpassed safety,quality and drawing speed. As a professional perhaps you would like to checkout there website for a possible future purchase? The holsters are all hand made to order and there quality is the finest available in my opinion. I also like many of H&K firearms but do not own any in fact there Sterling Virginia plant is just a few miles from my home.www.highnoonholsters.com

Noir 08-11-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_SVX

S&W makes an awesome compact conceal. The Airlite and Airweight series of revolvers. .38 special 5 shooter.

Sig's are good too, but recently they've become quite the disappointment.

Royal Tiger 08-12-2005 11:27 AM

Ah, the SIGPro. Never liked it as much as the P series. S&W makes nice revolvers, but their autos leave alot to be desired. DA/SA is refered to as conventional action on an auto, while double action only is usually listed as DAO. I have never had a FTF or even a FTE with either of my SIG's. I would like a H&K USP Compact in .40 or .357.