The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why is my 'POWER' light not on? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25853)

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 08:19 PM

Why is my 'POWER' light not on?

Hi guys,

today i noticed tht my 'POWER' light is not glowing when i depress the accelerator full at a time, though the car is going into power mode.

When i switch 'on' the ignition the 'POWER' light is glowing normally and goes off as it does. So, i think the bulb is fine.

So wht might be the problem? :confused:

-Pavan.

Rotorflyr 04-29-2005 08:29 PM

Try steping down on the gas pedal faster, it's more the speed of engagement then it is throttle positon.

n00b on demand 04-29-2005 08:40 PM

Yeah its the speed at which you press the pedal.

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Yeah its the speed at which you press the pedal.

I hope i have checked for tht too... but anyway i will try to check it again...

Do u guys face this type of problem anytime, if so why might be the cause?

-Pavan

JIMSVX 04-29-2005 09:23 PM

I've got the same issue with my '92. The transmission is great except for this and the fact that the troque converter doesn't lock up in 4th gear. It has about 20K since it was rebuilt. I have a '93 Impreza that I have no problem getting the Power-Lite to come on.

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSVX
I've got the same issue with my '92. The transmission is great except for this and the fact that the troque converter doesn't lock up in 4th gear. It has about 20K since it was rebuilt. I have a '93 Impreza that I have no problem getting the Power-Lite to come on.

Hey, r u a new user? seems u have registered recently and this is ur first post.

If you are a new memeber, then I welcome you to this wonderful network and hope you will enjoy ur stay overhere.... :)

-Pavan.

JIMSVX 04-29-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hey, r u a new user? seems u have registered recently and this is ur first post.

If you are a new memeber, then I welcome you to this wonderful network and hope you will enjoy ur stay overhere.... :)

-Pavan.

Thanks Pavan. I always wanted one of these beauties. After I retired I was finally able to get one. I bought my '92 in January and drove it home from San Diego. It has 125K with no big issues except the funnies with the transmission. This is my 5th Subi since I bought the '93 Impreza new.

- Jim

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSVX
Thanks Pavan. I always wanted one of these beauties. After I retired I was finally able to get one. I bought my '92 in January and drove it home from San Diego. It has 125K with no big issues except the funnies with the transmission. This is my 5th Subi since I bought the '93 Impreza new.

- Jim

Yeah transmission, thts the only thing tht scares most of us on SVX. But a well maintained and well taken care transmissions will possibly wont show up any problems.

Any how, dont bother to ask any questions u have on SVX, over here. Here everyone is very friendly and will help alot.

-Pavan.

Rotorflyr 04-29-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Any how, dont bother to ask any questions u have on SVX, over here. Here everyone is very friendly and will help alot.

-Pavan.

Pav, I think you mean it's no bother to ask any questions you have about the SVX, as don't bother to ask means---don't ask.

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Pav, I think you mean it's no bother to ask any questions you have about the SVX, as don't bother to ask means---don't ask.

oops... sorry i am not much fluent in english. So, plz dont misunderstand me anytime if there r such type of english errors.

-Pavan

BordeauxComet 04-30-2005 02:18 AM

With my SVX, I was never able to get into power mode untill I tightened the throttle cables. You may have some slack in yours. There was a fairly long thread about this if you need more info on it.

pavanbabut 04-30-2005 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
With my SVX, I was never able to get into power mode untill I tightened the throttle cables. You may have some slack in yours. There was a fairly long thread about this if you need more info on it.

I have already done throttle modification a long time back and after tht also i happen to see it glow in power mode. But only recently I am noticing this.

-Pavan.

SubaSteevo 04-30-2005 07:51 AM

Have you ever played Cruisin USA, the arcade game where when you double press the gas, the car gets a turbo boost? (I used to use it in the Hummer to drive over cars)

Well it works in the SVX too ;)

n00b on demand 04-30-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
Have you ever played Cruisin USA, the arcade game where when you double press the gas, the car gets a turbo boost? (I used to use it in the Hummer to drive over cars)

Well it works in the SVX too ;)

The arcade version was much better.....deer would run out on the road and you hit it and its bones would splatter everywhAr!!!1!!!!

JIMSVX 05-01-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BordeauxComet

Well today I performed the throttle cable maintenance procedure. There was about 1/4" slop in both the cruise and pedal cables. It did make a difference in the throttle response, but as far as the "Power Light" is concerned, no joy. I still haven't seen it, nor the torque converter lock-up since I bought the car 5 months ago.

Anyone have any advice?

- Jim