The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Visit to Japan (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25481)

SubaRyu 04-10-2005 08:46 PM

Visit to Japan

1 Attachment(s)
I took vacation and went back to my hometown, Osaka Japan. I and my parents flew to Tokyo, and while they were shopping around Tokyo, I took train by myself to go to this SVX place in Saitama pref. called "K-staff".

http://www.k-staff.net/

If anybody have chance to go to Tokyo, its only less than one hour train ride to get there, don't miss the chance! I had chat with the manager for couple of hours(disturbing his business??). He was a cool guy. And i finally bought the JDM corner lenses! :D I installed them when I came back to LA.
Sorry I couldn't take pix at K-staff, we're too busy talking and I had to catch the train back to Tokyo!

Just 10 days Japan visit, I saw 2 SVXs in Osaka... Amazing! :)

-Ryu

Chiketkd 04-10-2005 08:53 PM

Damn. I envy you. I've been to Osaka before but it was back in '02. I saw a ton of really hot cars too - R34 Vspecs, 911 turbos, NSXs. I was drooling whenever I walked down the street! :) :)

-Chike

mbtoloczko 04-10-2005 10:07 PM

Yeah, not many SVXes in Japan anymore. I was in the Yokohama area 1.5 years ago, and I saw only 1 SVX during the week I was there.

SilverSpear 04-11-2005 12:23 AM

Those corners are exactly as the ones sold here...

SubaRyu 04-11-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Damn. I envy you. I've been to Osaka before but it was back in '02. I saw a ton of really hot cars too - R34 Vspecs, 911 turbos, NSXs. I was drooling whenever I walked down the street! :) :)

-Chike

True, I saw a lot of hot cars, exotic cars that you can't see often in the US. I also like European small cars and you can see them a lot in Japan too. But when I saw SVX on streets, I screamed! This doesn't happen with any other cars :)

If you go to K-staff, you can see more than 40 SVXs :p

-Ryu

SubaRyu 04-11-2005 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Yeah, not many SVXes in Japan anymore. I was in the Yokohama area 1.5 years ago, and I saw only 1 SVX during the week I was there.

Maybe 1 SVX/week isn't bad.. considering only about 6000 SVX are sold in Japan in 5 years.

-Ryu

SSSVX 04-11-2005 04:19 AM

Oh you have come back? :D I thought you're leaving soon...

Did you drive any Japanese SVX there? Any differences? :)
Do they sell export to other Asia countries? If I have to go
home for good, I may be able to buy one from them... :rolleyes:

mbtoloczko 04-11-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaRyu
Maybe 1 SVX/week isn't bad.. considering only about 6000 SVX are sold in Japan in 5 years.

-Ryu

Only 6000 sold in Japan? I didn't realize it was so few. Now I feel pretty lucky that I saw one.

Sybaris 04-11-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

I took vacation and went back to my hometown, Osaka Japan. I and my parents flew to Tokyo, and while they were shopping around Tokyo, I took train by myself to go to this SVX place in Saitama pref. called "K-staff".

http://www.k-staff.net/

Jeeeeeeoooowww!! Takai! :eek:

SubaRyu 04-11-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybaris
Jeeeeeeoooowww!! Takai! :eek:

:p :p :p

Yap, they are expensive, but they are mint condition, like really new from dealership. Many SVXs over there are like less than 40K miles...

-Ryu

BordeauxComet 04-12-2005 12:07 AM

So at K-Staff, were there any modified svx's?

BTW, your clear corners look nice!

paddlesnz 04-12-2005 01:45 AM

I drove to K-Staff just after I bought my SVX back in 2000. The owner of K-Staff offered to take my SVX for a "test drive" to check for any problems. I accepted but wish I hadn't. It was a 20 minute drive at high speeds around the very narrow streets near the car yard with tyres squealing. :eek: When he finished though he said there were no problems!

The owner travels all around Japan to buy SVXs but his prices are very expensive. They have a US LHD model which they have been unable to sell since 1999. They also offer various 'refreshment plans' to breathe new life into older SVX models. These plans are very popular with Japanese owners.

Sybaris 04-12-2005 06:36 AM

Quote:

:p :p :p

Yap, they are expensive, but they are mint condition, like really new from dealership. Many SVXs over there are like less than 40K miles...

-Ryu

.........and most probably have matching house slippers to wear only in the SVX. :D

SubaRyu 04-13-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
So at K-Staff, were there any modified svx's?

BTW, your clear corners look nice!

Thanks, I like them so much too!
I didn't see modified SVX sold over there. But there's one that was painted all yellow. The manager's car was modified outside, blembo brakes and custom wheels. Normal engine. Painted in NSX red! You can see this car on the sales list, but his is not for sale, just using his SVX's image. However K-staff can modify their SVX extactly like his and you can actually drive it home...

-Ryu

SubaRyu 04-13-2005 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddlesnz
I drove to K-Staff just after I bought my SVX back in 2000. The owner of K-Staff offered to take my SVX for a "test drive" to check for any problems. I accepted but wish I hadn't. It was a 20 minute drive at high speeds around the very narrow streets near the car yard with tyres squealing. :eek: When he finished though he said there were no problems!

The owner travels all around Japan to buy SVXs but his prices are very expensive. They have a US LHD model which they have been unable to sell since 1999. They also offer various 'refreshment plans' to breathe new life into older SVX models. These plans are very popular with Japanese owners.

Yes he told me that he drives really fast and got speeding ticket a lot.. that's why he has a Wakaba(beginers) mark on his rear window.. :)

And a lot of drivers in Japan drive really fast in narrow streets with tons of pedestrians and bikes. I can never do that...

Yes, the black '94 SVX was still there!

-Ryu