The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's back on ebay again (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2541)

Seraph 01-23-2002 03:46 PM

It's back on ebay again

It's back on ebay again. This time I made sure that unless the higest bidder dies -- and has to be proven with a death certificate, he/she has to take the svx. I also made clear that people should not bid unless they are serious. Wish me luck guys

I hate to let this one go but I wll be picking up another one soon. And we should get a meet soon. I am getting withdrawal symptoms from not seeing more than 2 svxes at the same time. I do see 2 in the same parking lot on daily basis since there is another guy that owns a 92 in my complex.

Lwin

1994SubaruSVX 01-23-2002 03:57 PM

good luck lwin.....

i will not be letting my SVX go anytime soon. :D

well maybe when the new RX8 comes out......;)

calmone 01-26-2002 10:53 AM

if the rx8 is anything like the rx7, look out! a screamer for sure. the rotary is a gas, no weight left the rx7 with an almost perfect front to rear weight distribution. now, if it only had all wheel drive.........

calmone 01-26-2002 11:09 AM

2 wheel/4wheel?

wait a minute! you'r selling a fwd svx to get an awd one, an awd one with ALL those extra parts to give you problems???????

Seraph 01-26-2002 11:22 AM

Re: 2 wheel/4wheel?

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
wait a minute! you'r selling a fwd svx to get an awd one, an awd one with ALL those extra parts to give you problems???????
Yes. That is true. What is also true is I am sick of fixing this car. Of the 10 months that I owned the car, the car was in the shop for over 3 months. I guess 70% usage is not too bad. The bottom line is that although I have fixed pretty much everything major, I just don't want to see the car in the shop EVER again for anything major in the next couple of months. Knowing my luck, I could drive it for a mile and I might just have to call a towing truck -- not that it is needed but 1800-TOWTRUCK is programmed in my cell phone now.

I just want a break and I don't want any other car apart from SVXes right now.

Lwin

jonny5 02-14-2002 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
if the rx8 is anything like the rx7, look out! a screamer for sure. the rotary is a gas, no weight left the rx7 with an almost perfect front to rear weight distribution. now, if it only had all wheel drive.........
it (the rx8) needs forced induction!:) .....been looking around for a compliment to my 7 and found a car that reminded me in many ways to it......the quirky- nobody knows what it is way...didnt sell many in either case........but....i have no idea why!:)

plus it can sorta hold 4 people....and awd for the snow/ice stuff...:)

surely looks interesting

jon

Green1995SVX 02-14-2002 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by jonny5

it (the rx8) needs forced induction!:) .....been looking around for a compliment to my 7 and found a car that reminded me in many ways to it......the quirky- nobody knows what it is way...didnt sell many in either case........but....i have no idea why!:)

plus it can sorta hold 4 people....and awd for the snow/ice stuff...:)

surely looks interesting

jon

To help you imagine what it would be like, see the attached file.

-Mike

jonny5 02-15-2002 04:23 AM

lol ill be damned :) thats pretty cool stuff....

whos cars are those?

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 07:19 AM

Quote:

lol ill be damned :) thats pretty cool stuff....

whos cars are those?

My svx, my friend's RX7. (93 touring, silverstone metallic) what color is your 7?

see www.harmonyinmotion.com

-Mike (takes pictures of everything) Davis

jonny5 02-15-2002 02:35 PM

nice stuff

Green1995SVX ...

nice cars all around....:) im really likin the svx alot......my fd is vintage red.....a few bolt ons...so nothing too crazy :)

checked out that nice...some really sweet svx/rx7/325....seems to be a pattern of three letter/number cars...lol

the rx7 has a red interior.....im under the impression those interiors are pretty rare...looks in awesome shape!....as does your car ...still workin on findin one thats in good shape around here..

jon ( looks at pictures of everthing) :)

and.... Seraphim

"Of the 10 months that I owned the car, the car was in the shop for over 3 months. I guess 70% usage is not too bad. "

could be worse.....you could own an rx7:D

Seraph 02-15-2002 04:21 PM

Re: nice stuff

Quote:

and.... Seraphim

"Of the 10 months that I owned the car, the car was in the shop for over 3 months. I guess 70% usage is not too bad. "

coud be worse.....you could own an rx7:D

sorry to say to you all but I am currently looking at 3 series BMWs now. After finding difficulties in selling the car, I am even thinking of stripping the SVX and selling it for parts and getting me a 3 series BMW. I hate to do this but I might just have to change a bit. Convince me otherwise.

Lwin

Beav 02-15-2002 04:25 PM

Nothing like jumping outta the pan and into the fire...

Beav

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 04:36 PM

Re: Re: nice stuff

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim

sorry to say to you all but I am currently looking at 3 series BMWs now. After finding difficulties in selling the car, I am even thinking of stripping the SVX and selling it for parts and getting me a 3 series BMW. I hate to do this but I might just have to change a bit. Convince me otherwise.

Lwin

My friend has had his 3 series for about 2 years now, and he hasnt had to put a dime into it. VERY RELIABLE car. handles amazingly, performs very well, and with snow tires it does amazingly well in the winter.

-Mike

SSSVX 02-15-2002 11:03 PM

Re: Re: nice stuff

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Lwin

Hey, "daddy SVX", where you at? You wanna use your "power" and say something to convince him? :D:D:D

ChrisB 02-16-2002 07:02 PM

One of my other cars is a 325. Has 211,000 mi and no troubles the four years I've owned it. Mobile1 and constant driving has been the key. No squeaks or rattles. But it sure is boring compared to the SVX!