The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dimebag Darrell (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23136)

odepaj 12-09-2004 08:40 PM

Dimebag Darrell

I dont know if any of you know or care who this is, but Dimebag Darrell, the guitarist from Pantera and Damage Plan was shot and killed last night during a concert in Columbus. I know dimebag wasnt exactly an extremly famous guy, but he was one heck of a guitar player. He will be missed.

dustin

Subafreak 12-09-2004 09:07 PM

It does suck, awsome guitar player. I'm waiting to hear what Phil has to say about it. He seems really full of himself since Pantera separated. Dimebag was a legend in his own time.

Matthewmongan 12-09-2004 09:46 PM

you know who i miss? jaco pastorius. (and bruce lee but hes not a musician) i would sell one of my balls to have a talk with jaco and i think most bass players would. its going to be a terible day when vic wooten and steve bailey leave us. not only are the the two best bassist on the planet but they are good friends of mine. as a musican its sad to see talent go because this world is moving away from art. music is being taken out of class rooms and students are force feed science. not that science is bad but people need to learn both to be complete. theirs no room in the tech age for davinchi's and mozarts.

Phoenix_3737 12-09-2004 09:56 PM

no offense but i would much rather die the way he did, than like old age, it was his time to go, and my he rip

n00b on demand 12-09-2004 10:04 PM

You would like getting shot and killed rather than living a long life?

shelfy 12-09-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
You would like getting shot and killed rather than living a long life?

drivemusicnow 12-10-2004 09:47 AM

.. yeah thats kinda umm weird.. but i guess if you think about "dying while doing the thing thats been your life's passion" it makes some sense...

its rediculous listening to the radio and hearing some of the callers just say extremely rude things about it.. and joke about it the day after he was shot.

Phoenix_3737 12-10-2004 10:56 AM

i dont want to die an old man with tons of problems, for example my grandmother...she had both legs amputated shes had numerous open heart serguries wich is why she has no legs because they took the veins out of her legs to use on the heart, she has tons of different things, cholesteral, diabetes ect and she freguently gets water in her lungs so she needs to go to the hospital about every 6 months...id rather die in my 50-60's than die in my 70-80 living on medication and the hospital

im not saying anything about him i respect him i grew up around pantera but it was his time to go, and everyone has to whether you like it or not, and yes it is sad he died so young, thats why the world isent perfect

n00b on demand 12-10-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
i dont want to die an old man with tons of problems, for example my grandmother...she had both legs amputated shes had numerous open heart serguries wich is why she has no legs because they took the veins out of her legs to use on the heart, she has tons of different things, cholesteral, diabetes ect and she freguently gets water in her lungs so she needs to go to the hospital about every 6 months...id rather die in my 50-60's than die in my 70-80 living on medication and the hospital

Not always true. I have a grandmother who is extremley healthy and is 85 years old. Yet my father never smoked a day in his life but died at 45 with lung cancer. Different things happen to different people.

Landshark 12-10-2004 03:36 PM

anyways......

Dime was a great guitarist and supposedly a real nice guy - taking lots of time to talk to fans and sign autographs wherever he went. i saw Pantera a few times, and he always put on a great show.

he'll be missed.

http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news...arrell_elk.jpg

http://www.revnkevin.com/Dimebag.jpg

immortal_suby 12-11-2004 06:18 AM

Dime was the reason I put Bill Lawrence pickups in my guitar. I love his sound. Pantera ruled - I've seen them in concert multiple times. When metallica was putting on their skirts, pantera was turning up the volume.
Dime seemed like a very cool, laid back guy - if you've ever seen the pantera home videos he was quite a character in them. I always figured he'd die in an alcohol related incident. Why kill Dimebag?
Anyone for a black toothed grin?

Phil has commented in metalhammer magazine - he was devastated. Especially since a week or so ago he put out a pretty nasty interview aimed at Dimebag. I read it last night but can't find the link again yet.

upnygimp 12-11-2004 11:56 AM

Phil is an idiot......I'm willing to bet that this killing was due in no small part to things he's said in the past. Honestly, when I saw him at Ozzfest with his new band, he couldnt stop talking about how hardcore "he" was. He'd talk unintelligably for a good 5-10 minutes between each song.

Merz 12-11-2004 11:00 PM

Is Phil the singer for superjoint ritual? I dont know much about Pantera but i saw sjr last year in Portland and i wasnt too impressed. I remember he talked a lot of trash and the crowd was full of nazis and skinheads who kept climbing up on stage and saluting hitler. I was there to see another band who ended up only playing for 15 minutes. Anyway, sucks when these types of things happen.

immortal_suby 12-12-2004 07:03 AM

Phil used to be pretty cool. I haven't been following superjoint ritual but judging by the last pantera album it was getting pretty obvious that his brain was fried at that point.

Subafreak 12-13-2004 05:50 PM

And how exaclty do you make a Black Tooth Grin?