The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cast Off (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12934)

petesvx2 09-03-2003 09:48 AM

Cast Off

So about a month ago, i dont know if i mentioned but I broke my hand playing baseball. I was sliding into third and snap crackle pop there she goes. I was safe though:D but anyways, today i finally got the cast off. It feels so good to be able to shower like a normal human being and do everyday things. and tonight i have my first class as a college freshman:cool: hoping for some foxy ladies to cross my path:rolleyes:

Aredubjay 09-03-2003 10:10 AM

Re: Cast Off

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
So about a month ago, i dont know if i mentioned but I broke my hand playing baseball. I was sliding into third and snap crackle pop there she goes. I was safe though:D but anyways, today i finally got the cast off. It feels so good to be able to shower like a normal human being and do everyday things. and tonight i have my first class as a college freshman:cool: hoping for some foxy ladies to cross my path:rolleyes:
Well, if you don't find any foxy ladies, it's probably a good thing you have that hand free. :eek: Just kidding! :D Hope everything knitted back correctly and that you're enjoying a pain-free recovery.

JLittell 09-03-2003 10:28 AM

Oh that was a good one!! Are you speaking from experience??:eek: :D

Andy 09-03-2003 10:57 AM

No washing for a month!!!:eek:

No wonder you haven't got a woman.

petesvx2 09-03-2003 12:05 PM

hahaha I shouldve expected a comment like that, the worst part was definitley not being able to wash it for a month. and to wash under my left arm was a definite issue. i had to reach around the shower curtain and hold the soap with the curtain itself. definitley makes you wish you were ambidextrious (sp?) sometimes. the doc said it would be about a month before im back to 100% for now its a little stiff but thats to be expected. and i know someone is going to comment on that line. Ill post about my first day at school tonight when i get back!:cool: :D :D

Aredubjay 09-03-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
hahaha I shouldve expected a comment like that, the worst part was definitley not being able to wash it for a month. and to wash under my left arm was a definite issue. i had to reach around the shower curtain and hold the soap with the curtain itself. definitley makes you wish you were ambidextrious (sp?) sometimes. the doc said it would be about a month before im back to 100% for now its a little stiff but thats to be expected. and i know someone is going to comment on that line. Ill post about my first day at school tonight when i get back!:cool: :D :D
I can certainly empathize. I had my right leg in an immobilizer for about 6 weeks after I busted my kneecap in a wreck. Ever try to go #2 . . . in a small bathroom . . . with your leg sticking straight out . . . while on narcotics (can you say constipation?)? It's like trying to pass a cinderblock. YIKES! I still can't stand the sound of velcro.

petesvx2 09-03-2003 12:58 PM

ouch that sucks! well learning to type and do all sorts of other things lefty was pretty much a pain in the arse! im just glad that its over:)

Subafreak 09-03-2003 05:25 PM

I would imagine that would suck. I only had my hand in a cast and had to learn to be a righty for awile. I still managed to R&R a Caravan tranny and pull the motor out of my Legacy with one good working hand. I was a learning expirience.

SHISVX 09-04-2003 12:37 PM

Randy...while i can imagine how horriable that was...TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI!! for PETES SAKE!

glad you are out of the cast and good luck with school! i'll make sure to call the HOTCHICKs club and tell them that you are available and in full working conditions! :D

Kelli

JLittell 09-04-2003 01:19 PM

Did you say 'stroking conditions'??:eek:

TMI is correct!!

petesvx2 09-04-2003 01:53 PM

Thanks a bunch kelli! good to know that I am in kahoots with the president of the HOTCHICKS club :D

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
Randy...while i can imagine how horriable that was...TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI!! for PETES SAKE!

glad you are out of the cast and good luck with school! i'll make sure to call the HOTCHICKs club and tell them that you are available and in full working conditions! :D

Kelli

:D

svx_commuter 09-04-2003 04:59 PM

Re: Re: Cast Off

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, if you don't find any foxy ladies, it's probably a good thing you have that hand free. :eek: Just kidding! :D Hope everything knitted back correctly and that you're enjoying a pain-free recovery.

You are working toooo hard Randy.

Aredubjay 09-04-2003 10:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Cast Off

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

You are working toooo hard Randy.

TELL me about it. :rolleyes:

Darksied-X 09-05-2003 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I can certainly empathize. I had my right leg in an immobilizer for about 6 weeks after I busted my kneecap in a wreck. Ever try to go #2 . . . in a small bathroom . . . with your leg sticking straight out . . . while on narcotics (can you say constipation?)? It's like trying to pass a cinderblock. YIKES! I still can't stand the sound of velcro.
I can definetly empathize with that one, I've been in the exact same scenario many times before. The only difference? I've had six separate 6-week (or more) incidents over the past ten years, three on each leg. Seems about every two years I blow a knee, at least I have another year before the next one. On the bright side, the narcotics are quite enjoyable when your not on the john.:D

Aredubjay 09-05-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X

I can definetly empathize with that one, I've been in the exact same scenario many times before. The only difference? I've had six separate 6-week (or more) incidents over the past ten years, three on each leg. Seems about every two years I blow a knee, at least I have another year before the next one. On the bright side, the narcotics are quite enjoyable when your not on the john.:D

Ah. It's always great to find a "kindred spirit." :D