The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   So Cal meet is ON! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53197)

PaulDexler 02-18-2010 02:16 PM

So Cal meet is ON!

It looks as if it is finally going to happen. Thanks to the camaraderie established during the strut replacement trip to Roseville in January, a small group of us had decided to have a two day meet centered around the two most notable local car musuems.
The dates are April 17/18 2010. The plan is to meet at the Nethercutt Collection in Sylmar on the 17, enjoy a full day there, and then go to the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles on the 18, where another day of activities is being arranged for. Depending upon the weather, we can have a small car show at either venue, or both, for that matter.
Right now, I am working on the extracurricular activities, such as breakfasts and dinners, so as to make it a great experience for all concerned. Once it is established, then we can all work on making it a springtime tradition.

Two Museum Meeting 2010 Details:

http://photos.svxwn.com/main.php?g2_...e291224d7c48c0

Paul

RojoRocket 02-18-2010 02:41 PM

Re: So Cal meet is ON!

GO PAUL!! GO PAUL!! GO PAUL!!! :woo: Count us in!!

Glenn

Cam 02-18-2010 02:53 PM

A west coast meet would be great! Kind of a long trip from washington but it is a good excuse to drive the SVX for a while.

I cannot commit to anything for this year but if it became a tradition it would definately top my list of priorities in the coming years. :)

RojoRocket 02-22-2010 11:14 AM

Geeze!! 17 lousy views in a week. :rolleyes: :( WTH happened to the SoCal SVXers?? This is a wonderful opportunity to see some great car museums, while continuing to nurture the Community. You Central Cal, Valley and Bay Area folks are obviously welcome to make the trip too. Let's not miss this chance!!

Glenn

K_Dub 02-22-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 635811)
Geeze!! 17 lousy views in a week. :rolleyes: :( WTH happened to the SoCal SVXers?? This is a wonderful opportunity to see some great car museums, while continuing to nurture the Community. You Central Cal, Valley and Bay Area folks are obviously welcome to make the trip too. Let's not miss this chance!!

Glenn

Like I said before; I'm all in for this. Really looking forward to another trip to the Peterson, and a chance to meet some more local SVX fanatics. See you all soon.

SubaRyu 02-22-2010 07:26 PM

Paul-

I can make it on Sunday. I'll see if I can also make it on Sat or not.

This would be a great meet. Hope to see you many of you guys there! :D

s'ko 02-23-2010 05:56 PM

those dates sound good as well.

will keep an eye on this thread for more details.

BW

NeedForSpeed 02-23-2010 10:52 PM

I'll bring a couple of cars. :)

I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the Peterson last Sunday, I'm looking forward to spending more time there.

These museums are amazing, a great opportunity. I know that we can't advertise 'insider' tours, but if it's possible, Paul will arrange it. He is an automotive journalist, knows everyone, and knows cars. Be there!

Bring your girlfriends. Rodeo drive sight-seeing is just up the street :D

SoCal SVX 1 Auto Museums Meet could be the beginning of great things on the West side :)

NeedForSpeed 02-23-2010 10:53 PM

SVX Sign Up List:

1) NeedForSpeed
2) NeedForSpeed

RojoRocket 02-23-2010 11:52 PM

SVX Sign Up List:

1) NeedForSpeed
2) NeedForSpeed
3) RojoRocket

Glenn :cool:

dbarnblatt 02-24-2010 12:14 AM

SVX Sign Up List:

1) NeedForSpeed
2) NeedForSpeed
3) RojoRocket
4) dbarnblatt

Motorsport-SVX 02-24-2010 12:30 AM

Ive been there, its a great museum.
Id love to go again soon, but thats a
pretty busy time for us and its about
30 days before my baby is born, so I
sort of have alot going on then.
If we went in the Fall like August it may
be a better time for me.
I love driving up and down the Cal coast. :)

NeedForSpeed 02-24-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX (Post 636045)
Ive been there, its a great museum.
Id love to go again soon, but thats a
pretty busy time for us and its about
30 days before my baby is born, so I
sort of have alot going on then.
If we went in the Fall like August it may
be a better time for me.
I love driving up and down the Cal coast. :)

But Dayle,
It's easier to bring the baby before the stork arrives :eek:,
It's not that far, great people, all about cars,
We're not driving up the coast, but I like that too.
Reading is same weekend, it's a National SVX holiday Weekend :):D:cool:
But Dayle :(
But,,,

NeedForSpeed 02-24-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 635811)

Glenn

Yes, and Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico are not that far away :D,
Phoenix is closer than you are Glenn :cool:.

svxistentialist 03-09-2010 06:50 AM

At the request of the organisers I have made this thread a "sticky".

It deserves stickydom because it is the first meet coming up in the near future. ;) :D

Also it deserves it because it needs and merits your support. Anybody in the reasonable vicinity of So Cal [can't find that on my map, but you know who you are, people! :p], it would be a great outing both for you and for your SVX. :cool:

On top of this you are getting the SVX out there in Classic Car terms. Mixing with the best because we are the best.

Go on then. Shine up your car, meet some very nice people, visit some respected museums. You know you want to.

Joe ;)

:)