The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Could someone do me a quick favor? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48776)

Black88GTA 01-22-2009 10:42 AM

Could someone do me a quick favor?

See title. I'm looking at replacing my droopy sun visors, and am kind of scouting around and seeing what is available, on other cars, aftermarket, etc. I don't want replacement Subaru ones, because the design sucks (as we are all aware). Trouble is, I don't have my car nearby, and need measurements of the visors to compare with products available online.

Soo...could someone run and quickly take visor measurements for me? I need the length (at the widest point), height, and thickness. All measurements should be done EXCLUDING brackets. The more accurate the better. :)

In return, I will share anything that I find (if I find anything) with the forum in a later post :)

Thanks in advance...

wyldnwoody44 01-22-2009 04:10 PM

Re: Could someone do me a quick favor?

I ran out and took some measurements i took them quick but should be fairly accurate
At the top Its the widest at 14 7/8 inches
Then it goes to 14 1/2 inches for the rest of the length
Its 6 1/4 wide
And 1/2 inch thick

Hope That helps

Black88GTA 01-22-2009 04:27 PM

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to do it for me :) That was exactly what I was looking for.

Now, to find something with similar dimensions that will stay up...

wyldnwoody44 01-23-2009 11:51 AM

Not a problem, But goodluck finding something to fit, those visors are definitley shaped weird..I just used velcro on mine and it seems to work so far : )

Freeman 01-23-2009 11:58 AM

Velcro will tear yo roof offs!

Could do the droopy visor mod..

kwren 01-23-2009 12:07 PM

buy some new ones from Subaru like I did.
The new ones look right and work great. Any other rought would be a patch job.:(
Had mine a couple of years and all is well.

Keith:)

Black88GTA 01-23-2009 05:59 PM

The previous owner tried velcro...it tore the headliner fabric off :( I don't want to get more Subaru ones because of the design flaw in them (seems this happens to ALL SVX visors) - plus, new ones are expensive, and used ones are just waiting to break, IMO.

Worst case scenario, I'll try the droopy visor mod, but that seems kind of like a band-aid fix to me. I may end up going that route anyway, but I want to try to look for something else first :)

kwren 01-23-2009 06:38 PM

I think they fixed the new Subaru ones...
Keith:)