The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   effects of first snow (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47335)

tiv0 12-16-2008 10:02 PM

effects of first snow

today was the first day of decent snowfall
and people were driving like people typically do on the first sight of snow

but tonight i was driving home from work and the guy in front of me was going around 15 mph in a 40 zone
and it was driving me crazy
i try to be patient with other drivers but the roads are pretty clear now and i was getting frustrated
(i do want to throw out there that i did not start driving like a jerk at all)

up ahead was a double left turn lane that i turned into; i went into the far left lane
and this car that was in front of me turned too; into the 'right side' left turn lane
upon stopping at the red lights ahead this guy rolls down his window and stares at me
i roll down my window a bit and immediately he starts ranting and screaming profanities and about how slick it is and how he thought i was driving crazy

i simply replied with "i realize its slick out, but the roads are pretty clean and i dont think you need to be driving 20 mph"

his reply was white boy, you betta watch out. this is north omaha and most people wont be as forgiving as me. ***** i got my pistol right here and i wont hesitate if i come across you again...

at that point the light turned green and i drove off, not necessarily wanting to be next to him anymore

the sad part is, this was not a "bad" area of my city
kinda shook me up though

Manarius 12-16-2008 10:47 PM

Re: effects of first snow

Some people...

I don't even bother with them. People need to grow up.

subi-crosser 12-16-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiv0 (Post 577312)

but tonight i was driving home from work and the guy in front of me was going around 15 mph in a 40 zone
and it was driving me crazy
i try to be patient with other drivers but the roads are pretty clear now and i was getting frustrated
(i do want to throw out there that i did not start driving like a jerk at all)

up ahead was a double left turn lane that i turned into; i went into the far left lane
and this car that was in front of me turned too; into the 'right side' left turn lane
upon stopping at the red lights ahead this guy rolls down his window and stares at me
i roll down my window a bit and immediately he starts ranting and screaming profanities and about how slick it is and how he thought i was driving crazy

i simply replied with "i realize its slick out, but the roads are pretty clean and i dont think you need to be driving 20 mph"

his reply was white boy, you betta watch out. this is north omaha and most people wont be as forgiving as me. ***** i got my pistol right here and i wont hesitate if i come across you again...

at that point the light turned green and i drove off, not necessarily wanting to be next to him anymore

the sad part is, this was not a "bad" area of my city
kinda shook me up though

I can smell it now, The 'New' car air freshner fragrance is going to be GUN OIL!!

OOPS!! I got 3-in-1 oil on my keyboard!!

(Old School)

Subix 12-16-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by driving in first snow (as in slow or fast) because our first snow here a few weeks ago, everyone was doing like 50+. I was shocked, it was pretty bad out yet people couldn't keep it under 40. Cars were literally flying off into ditches :lol: It was Friday and I was driving to the bank, only a few miles down and yet 3 cars were in a ditch, in different spots.

Tonight, we have very little snow and everyone was doing 5-10mph. I share your pain. Other than that, those new philly cheesesteak sammichs from Rallys/Checkers are pretty tasty :D

Freeman 12-17-2008 10:16 AM

That's when I'd reply with a friendly response such as: "AWD MOTHA FU..." You get the idea..

NapaBavarian 12-17-2008 02:39 PM

He had a screw loose :rolleyes: I had one of those once, following an old beat to $#!t suburban in a 55, he was doing 45, tried to pass him twice, but both times he sped up to 90...next town he got out to yell at me for placing his kids in danger :lol: I still don't know what that was all about :rolleyes:

NikFu S. 12-17-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Are you serious? Yo nyukka dis is NEBRASKA, we keep it real on the streets around hurrrr.

You should have said "Dayum why you gotta th'ow me static I'm just trying to peump mah gizzame out hurrrrr nyukka.

Freeman 12-17-2008 02:52 PM

Ha! I've had a Delta 88 try to speed past me on the highway.. I, of course, stepped on the throttle and blazed past him and laughed and when I got to where I was going(Wal-Mart), he pulled up threatening to smash me with a bat... So I got mine out first.. He drove off.

I swear to Christ some people are IDIOTS!!

NapaBavarian 12-17-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 577450)
... I swear to Christ some people are IDIOTS!!

And others aren't even that smart...

Hondasucks 12-17-2008 04:44 PM

Judging by the fact he called you "white boy" I suspect that he was "of color"? If so you should have told him by threatening to shoot you he wasn't doing the stereotype any good... :lol:

tiv0 12-17-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 577476)
Judging by the fact he called you "white boy" I suspect that he was "of color"? If so you should have told him by threatening to shoot you he wasn't doing the stereotype any good... :lol:

that he was

i REALLY hate to say this, for fear of starting arguments, but sadly most stereotypes are true...:o

when he mentioned he 'had his pistol right there' i had to hold back a laugh/smile because i can almost guarantee he had nothing of the sort on him
but i didnt want to risk it

sometimes i wish people knew how ignorant they sound...

tiv0 12-17-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subix (Post 577319)
I'm not sure what you mean by driving in first snow (as in slow or fast)

i mean really slow
which i guess isnt a bad thing, but there is a limit when it comes to "driving cautiously"