The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here Comes The "FUN" Part (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22180)

mysvxrocks 10-23-2004 11:11 PM

Here Comes The "FUN" Part

Well This will be very intresting. Now that my car has the bodywork done, before I re-paint it I want to get all of the other stuff done to it. As far as I know right now here are the things that need done to my 1992 LS-L project car... 1-New Tranny
2-New rear wheel bearings 3-new crank pulley + belts
4-new tires / have to pick up new rims 5-new windsheild
6-valve cover gasket replace + all others 7-spoiler wanted
8-new front corner lights 9-new rear side markers
10-spark plugs 11-oil filter 12-general tune-up
Once all of this is done I am going to re-paint it the color in my locker. The pic isnt there yet, but it will be in a little while. I have no idea how much all of this is going to cost, but when its all done at least ill have the nicest car in high school ! YAY!!!!
I am also going to replace all of the lines running around just because the ones currently in there have 200,000 miles worth of use and are getting to the point of replaceing them. After all is done including the paint THEN and ONLY then will start adding mods. I cant wait until that point, but to do all of this you need the CASH, which as of right now is running low, lol as it alot of times it. I am happy to say that my parents and grandparents are going to be really nice and help me pay for the work. I wanted an SVX for my car and wanted NO other car. I did get my wish but I had to buy a project car. The car itself cost $1,000, and I think after all of the work it will end up costing as much as a nice SVX from a dealer. One thing I dont like is I wanted the tan interior, but I had to get the grey. I dont like it at all but I cant afford the tan, because all of them are nice and cost $5,000-$10,000 and I dont have that kind of money. But for now Im just going to have to deal with the grey. ~Dennis

Alycone 10-24-2004 02:27 AM

Whoah you got your work cut out for you.

n00b on demand 10-24-2004 08:36 AM

I definitley wouldnt bother with all that work unless you have a great job and have no expenses. You can always buy another SVX in good condition.

ensteele 10-24-2004 09:18 AM

:eek:

NapaBavarian 10-24-2004 10:41 AM

Hey, is that a motorcycle safty foundation sticker on the back window? I've got one on mine:p

Chiketkd 10-24-2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
:eek:
My thoughts exactly! :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Chike

Uncamitzi 10-24-2004 12:34 PM

Sounds like a normal course of action on a 12 -13 year old car to me...:D

ensteele 10-24-2004 01:01 PM

An idea to think about. Find a very nice one, wax it, put it away, and if you don't use it, it won't get broke. :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

Alycone 10-24-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
An idea to think about. Find a very nice one, wax it, put it away, and if you don't use it, it won't get broke.

Now I understand your strategy. :)

mysvxrocks 10-24-2004 01:26 PM

I've come to this decision. I want new SVX, I need to find one around Olympia Washington thats not too much $$$. I dont want a 1992, For the reason I dont like the grey leather, I want a 93 SVX that is a LSi With the tan leather. Anyone selling for not too much please tell me. I dont know what Im going to do with the current one. It runs "ok" it just needs a couple things for it to run fine. " tranny, belts, gasket" as far as I know those are the only major things that need fixed for it to run. If anyone is looking for a parts car tell me and we will see if we can make a deal. ~Dennis

Alycone 10-24-2004 08:50 PM

I can kinda see the appeal of completely rebuilding one - then everything might eventually be perfect, or at least new. :)