The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The belated Vancouver/Portland drive (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58091)

KVRXS 08-20-2011 07:08 PM

The belated Vancouver/Portland drive

Hi folks.
Sorry for the late date and short notice:(
Our drive will be short, no car required, no crazy rallies nor fog runs.
Just a field trip the the Portland Art Museum with a get together afterwards at a Pub of our mutual choosing from many nearby.
September 3rd, I know that this is Labor Day weekend, but the trip will be worth it, even from Seattle
The museum is featuring, "The Allure of the Automobile", sixteen of the most luxurious, rare and brilliantly conceived cars of the 1930's to the mid 60's. Also the Blastolene Brothers and Two seaters will be the cars of the day.
Time 10am opening, Blastolene Lecture noon to one, Show up anytime in the AM, we will be hanging out until hunger sets in, late afternoon, which also allows for travel time home for anyone coming from out of the area.
Cost: $15 per person, $3 additional for Blastolene lecture.
Directions: coming south on I-405, R Couch/Burnside, straight through to 15th, proceed forward 5 blocks, L SW Salmon, R SW Park, 2 blocks, museum between Main and Jefferson. Park anywhere, ATM compatible parking meters, varying times. May need to park several blocks away as the 2 seaters will be using all the nearby meters.
Questions, Let us know
This is guaranteed to be total fun for auto enthusiasts, AKA SVXers
See ya there,
Mark and Erik:)

ensteele 08-20-2011 11:07 PM

Re: The belated Vancouver/Portland drive

Will they have a SVX there? I didn't think so. :( I will see what I can do. :)

KVRXS 08-20-2011 11:49 PM

Dear Earl,
No, but they really should have had one represented. Seriously, the SVX is and one day will be acknowledged by enthusiasts to be a truly exemplary automobile. I believe the original benchmarks were to meld Porsche engineering, Jaguar luxury and Japanese quality. I have no doubts that Subaru achieved these goals handedly. We all know this to be true; unfortunately, sometimes it takes awhile for the masses to catch on.
I guess this will be our little secret. Truthfully, if you can make it, you will be pleasantly surprised be this exhibit. This has been ongoing all summer with several different makes and countries being featured, but not a single mention of anything Japanese, I believe this to be a gross oversight not only on their part but also on many in the automotive community.
I am involved with the Alfa Romeo Owners of Oregon club and several key members have acknowledged their love of the SVX. From their desire to own one too just how cool they are. I take that as quite an accolade being they are so fanatical about their love of Alfas.
I hope you and everyone else can make it to this event. Too rub shoulders with likeminded enthusiasts and show off our treasures to others.
See ya soon, either way.
Mark:)

Wikedjuggalo 08-21-2011 04:35 PM

Sounds like fun, I will attempt to be there with my 5spd but will have to check work schedule. Also if anyone is interested or wants to, Adidas Employee store is about 10 minutes away where everything is 1/2 off the retail price, more then willing to take anyone who wants to go.

KVRXS 08-27-2011 10:32 AM

Hi Wikedjuggalo,
Hope you can make it. It will be a small gathering of those from our club; however, there will be several fellow Subaru fans who plan on coming. It will be a unique experience, without a doubt.
Mark:)

Wikedjuggalo 09-01-2011 11:42 AM

Is anyone else planning on going?

KVRXS 09-02-2011 06:56 PM

Hi wikedjuggalo,
As far as I can tell, no. Don't worry about it, I'm going because I think it will be totally cool. So, it doesn't appear that we are going to have a meet this year. There is always next year, hopefully with an advance notice.
See ya soon,
Mark

WestCoastSVX 09-04-2011 12:43 PM

Sorry, just saw this the week before it was to happen and had already scheduled to work that night at a hockey game.

Didn't matter anyway, I had a power steering leak all week as well that was just finally diagnosed/fixed Friday evening and no way I would be driving 200 miles out of town a couple hours after that. :D

Sounds like it was a cool event, sorry I missed it.

KVRXS 09-05-2011 11:29 AM

Hi
Sorry guys, my bad. The art museum put on quite a show. I've known about this since February and didn't give anyone a chance to plan. It was the best car show that I have ever attended, really.
For anyone interested, this show will continue until 11 September, excluding the sports cars, in the park and Blastolene Brothers exhibit. The last weekend will be featuring green cars; however, which should be of interest, especially to get a glimpse of the future.
See you all at the Fall Colors Tour
Mark