The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   service manual (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50858)

Gamesy 07-05-2009 08:40 PM

service manual

when it says left or right side, in what way are they facing in reference to? is left drivers or passger side?

Crazy_pilot 07-05-2009 08:53 PM

Re: service manual

Left/right as seen from the drivers seat. Left is drivers side, right is the passenger side.

Gamesy 07-05-2009 09:07 PM

k thx.
i was looking through the manual and they didnt have much on the brake band for the tranny as to where it is located and how to adjust it.
cause i think mine might be gone too

Crazy_pilot 07-05-2009 09:19 PM

Do the RPM's flare between shifts? If so then yes, it's probably worn. You may be able to adjust it back into spec and get things running well, if not then the clutch packs are probably worn beyond practical repair. Have you found the How-To on adjusting the band?

Simple things first though, have you checked the level and condition of the tranny fluid? Mine seemed to be slipping but it turned out to be low fluid, one of the cooler lines was leaking.

Gamesy 07-05-2009 09:21 PM

i'll take a look tomorrow during the day and let you know.

NiftySVX 07-05-2009 11:43 PM

Couple of things to remember, I would make this a sticky but I'm not one of the cool kids that gets to be a mod:

LH and RH refer to those from the drivers seat, an easy way to remember is the LH side is on the side with the steering wheel in a LHD car.

Bank 1 is the bank of cylinders that includes cyl 1, which is the front most cyl.

Sensor 1 oxygen sensor is always pre cat, sensor 2 being post cat.

Gamesy 07-06-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiftySVX (Post 608131)
Couple of things to remember, I would make this a sticky but I'm not one of the cool kids that gets to be a mod:

LH and RH refer to those from the drivers seat, an easy way to remember is the LH side is on the side with the steering wheel in a LHD car.

Bank 1 is the bank of cylinders that includes cyl 1, which is the front most cyl.

Sensor 1 oxygen sensor is always pre cat, sensor 2 being post cat.

your car must be diff from mine, maybe obdII cause i only have the 2 oxygen sensors on the precats nothing after the cat

SVX_MY_BABY 07-07-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 608138)
your car must be diff from mine, maybe obdII cause i only have the 2 oxygen sensors on the precats nothing after the cat

The earlier models only have 2 O2 sensors. Can't remember which year the third was introduced.

Green1995SVX 07-07-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 608326)
The earlier models only have 2 O2 sensors. Can't remember which year the third was introduced.

The third O2 sensor became standard in 1996. A post-cat O2 sensor actually became compulsory in the USA that year.