The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ceika Coilovers Summary (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61487)

B 4 You 03-26-2013 07:44 PM

Ceika Coilovers Summary

Sorry to make a new thread, but I have finally had all my questions about this answered. Here are the facts that I have gathered:

ceikaperformance.com

- These are a direct bolt-on upgrade. They have made sets for the SVX before, but some of the dimensions were slightly off. All the previous dimensions that were wrong have now been updated and they guarantee perfect fitment.

- The cheapest model of theirs that comes with everything is only $880 (US dollars).

- Front and rear camber plates are available (for an additional cost).

- You will need new front sway bar mounts which they provide, but have forgotten in the past, so remind them.

- Building the set will take between 15-20 working days.

- Shipping will cost around $200 and will arrive in only 4-5 days.

- The kit comes with a 1 year warranty.

- Several members have had them for almost a year with no issues so far.

- Where do they come from? The website says, "Our factory, assembly and shipping lines are located in Taiwan." I believe the company is located in Australia.

- If you want to know the types of materials, they're listed here.

I plan on getting a set this summer. If anyone gets a set before me, don't hesitate to let us all know!

icingdeath88 03-26-2013 08:16 PM

Re: Ceika Coilovers Summary

I would add that the top mounts/camber plates are an important thing to get with these. The OEM top mounts are getting pretty tired and worn out these days, and it's well worth the upgrade. They don't have to be the camber plates, but at least new regular fixed top mounts are a must.

1986nate 03-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 721675)
I would add that the top mounts/camber plates are an important thing to get with these. The OEM top mounts are getting pretty tired and worn out these days, and it's well worth the upgrade. They don't have to be the camber plates, but at least new regular fixed top mounts are a must.

These come with their own top mounts. The camber plates are just extra. And only a few bucks extra IIRC. A fraction the price of the Kmac's

B 4 You 03-26-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 721676)
These come with their own top mounts. The camber plates are just extra. And only a few bucks extra IIRC. A fraction the price of the Kmac's

You are correct. 92SVX has these installed and he has a couple pictures of them with the tophats on. He bought the camber plates.

dannmarr 03-26-2013 09:45 PM

I asked about a 'group buy discount' and about replacement parts. This is their response:

Hello Dan,

Yes we will do a good discount if there is a 20 set group buy.

We also carry all the replacement parts at a very good price. Including rebuilding kits and seal kits as well as replacement shocks inserts if you prefer to swap them quickly.

We can also develop big brake kits for the SVX if you don't have any direct bolt in upgrades already.

Best Regards,

Cedric Milharo - Director
CEIKA Limited

AlcyoneSVX 03-26-2013 09:51 PM

I've been considering a set for a few months now. So, I'm in, if we can get twenty of us in for the group buy!

B 4 You 03-26-2013 10:07 PM

Did he say what the discount would be?

theflystyle 03-27-2013 09:51 AM

I would be interested if there was a group buy. Not to mention I got a little excited when I heard they could get a brake kit as well.

EdWindows 03-27-2013 11:11 AM

I'll partake if there's a group buy.

92 SVX 03-27-2013 11:36 AM

Im very interested in a big brake kit, though my interest most likely wont be until early next year.

I know of a member in Australia that was putting together a front and rear kit. bit pricey but probably about par for the course, gotta pay to play

icingdeath88 03-27-2013 12:43 PM

I might be in for a BBK if the price is right...

dannmarr 03-27-2013 03:00 PM

Here is an update:

We can do a 100usd discount per set on the base price of the Type 1M per kit. Minimum 10 kits order for this price. You can add extra features such as front and rear camber plates and front and rear inverted shocks.

Best Regards,

Cedric Milharo - Director
CEIKA Limited
Email: info@ceikaperformance.com
For large files, please use: ceikaperformance@gmail.com

SVXMAN2001 03-27-2013 06:31 PM

What is the ride quality/characteristics like? I've had the koni/gc set up which was much too harsh for my liking.

I've just ordered all new OEM suspension parts but am having regrets now with this group buy!

1986nate 03-27-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 (Post 721713)
What is the ride quality/characteristics like? I've had the koni/gc set up which was much too harsh for my liking.

I've just ordered all new OEM suspension parts but am having regrets now with this group buy!

As with any suspension setup, it's all in the spring rate and shock dampening rate...

dannmarr 03-27-2013 09:15 PM

Ceiko- $780, plus $200 shipping ,with 1 year warranty and available parts if needed.
AMR- $1300, plus ? shipping, available parts if needed? Lifetime warranty and made in the USA
decisions, decisions :confused::o