The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rough idle fixed! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41568)

SubaRyu 10-28-2007 07:04 PM

Rough idle fixed!

This could be more like technical Q&A department but I just wanted to tell you that my rough idle got fixed recently. :)
I tried everything that I could think of and still the rough idle was there. I did MAF cleaning, add fuel injector cleaner, check Vac hose, cleaning throttle body...Those helped slightly but not completely. I finally took my car to the shop and the mechanic only took 2 sec to figure out what was wrong. The EGR hose was the one. It was cracked and disconnected. After spending couple hrs of myself facing to Engine, I must had been blind......:o
So he put it back where it was supposed to go, but recommended to replace the hose, so I did it this weekend. So my rough idle mystery is over. It runs like heaven now.... and it only cost less than a buck!
So if your car's idling is rough but not all the time, I'd suggest you to check EGR hose once.....

Off the topic, but I got 2 flat tires right after the EGR hose replacement.....:eek: Somebody left metal pieces on the road. I managed to get to the tire shop near my place and got Bridgestone Potenza tires, I love those tires. My "backwards" rims got fixed as well.:D
Right after I got out the tire shop my tail light bulb went out..:eek: I got new one. Hope it was the last thing I had to fix these days..

YourConfused 10-28-2007 07:10 PM

:)congrats.

Wikedjuggalo 10-28-2007 07:14 PM

Congratz, good to hear its fixed

kwren 10-28-2007 07:21 PM

Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaRyu (Post 504605)
The Hope it was the last thing I had to fix these days..

Good luck on that one! We all say that about our great cars.... a lot!

SubaRyu 10-28-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 504613)
Good luck on that one! We all say that about our great cars.... a lot!

Yup! I think my rear bearings will be the next thing on the list..:D

etz bseder 10-28-2007 09:02 PM

That may be a problem with my car, where exactly is the EGR valve? I have replaced 3-4 of the hoses, but I am not sure if I replaced that one.

SubaRyu 10-28-2007 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by etz bseder (Post 504642)
That may be a problem with my car, where exactly is the EGR valve? I have replaced 3-4 of the hoses, but I am not sure if I replaced that one.

The one in the middle of the photo is the EGR hose. Can you see?

redsvx 10-28-2007 09:25 PM

You're lucky to have such an honest mechanic.
and smart too!
you can trust that guy :)

Nomake Wan 10-28-2007 09:26 PM

Yeah really, I wish I had someone like that near me. Don't give him up! :)

YourConfused 10-28-2007 09:39 PM

good point REDSVX

Having been that 'honest mechanic' I spent several hours a week just being nice and not getting paid. Every once in a while some would throw a nice bill my way for being strait, which made it okay. So, support him w/ your business and let him know his honesty wasn't wasted on you. Maybe even let him take your car for a test drive just to show him what a sweet car the SVX is!

Sir. Nate 10-28-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 504661)
Maybe even let him take your car for a test drive just to show him what a sweet car the SVX is!

If you do that he might not let you have the keys back!

SubaRyu 10-29-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsvx (Post 504654)
You're lucky to have such an honest mechanic.
and smart too!
you can trust that guy :)

I really feel like that I found the right doctor for my cars. He's really nice guy, and knows about SVX as well. And it's really local!

Nomake Wan 10-29-2007 01:32 AM

Woah! I just noticed that you're in LA! I'm in Orange! Could you PM me details of this mechanic!!? :eek: I'd gladly drive the hour or so it would take to get there!

svxistentialist 10-29-2007 04:31 AM

Well PM details for sure.

Have a chat with him and see if he is OK with having his business contact details made public on this Network.

Repay his help and honesty with SVX business!!;):D:D There are sure to be a few people around who would like to know about a decent technical expert.

Joe:)

Nomake Wan 10-29-2007 04:59 AM

Los Angeles Mechanic Mini-meet, anyone? :D