The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ordered my Stebro today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31249)

Earthworm 02-13-2006 05:56 PM

What was done for the mating of the center pipe to the stock cat?

We put a pipe in mine to extend it out to hold the gasket.

Dza 02-13-2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
What was done for the mating of the center pipe to the stock cat?

We put a pipe in mine to extend it out to hold the gasket.

After a while of scratching our heads, we did too. So much for "bolt on".

I love it, it's SO VERY LOUD, heh.

Dza 02-14-2006 06:27 PM

Doh, I thought I would check the higher exhaust note out before I got home from work today, so I punched it on a flat, straight road with no other cars around for about 3 seconds, then let off but it was too late. Nailed for 89 in a 50 about 1 block from my house by a cop in a black car with the lights out (it was dark). :( I waived to my neighbors when I was getting written up.

$188 CAN

2nd speeding ticket ever (driving for over 9 years), 1st in the SVX, 1st non-highway. :(

Edit: I suppose he could have hit me for the exhaust noise (maybe not, as it was only 7pm) or the 9005 bulbs. Lesson learned, Stebro is awesome. Speeding is not.

2nd edit: PayPal is dza187@gmail.com . Accepting all donations, lol. jk

gest24 02-14-2006 06:47 PM

Sorry to hear about the ticket. Its kinda nice out here in Southern Cali, lots of freeways with people already commuting at over 80.

immortal_suby 02-14-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
Does it have bung holes to mount the O2 sensors so my ECU won't get confused?

http://www.kleecker.com/assets/image...cornholio1.gif

In this lobby - will there be TP?

heh
:D

gest24 02-14-2006 10:46 PM

Still waiting for my Stebro. Dan told me Monday... I'm a little dissapointed. I didn't know there was a 3 piece set. When I ordered mine I told him I wanted the full system and instal kit. So I'm curious what I'm going to end up with.

fait_svx 02-14-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gest24
Still waiting for my Stebro. Dan told me Monday... I'm a little dissapointed. I didn't know there was a 3 piece set. When I ordered mine I told him I wanted the full system and instal kit. So I'm curious what I'm going to end up with.

Depends on how much you paid. If you paid less than 800 bucks, your gonna get the muffler and center section only. More than that then your getting the euro resonator too. I orignally ordered just the muffler, but it took 3 months to get here. After the 1st month and a half, I was able to get the center section free of charge. I then got the euro resonator from Altrac for 200 I think it was. I thought it sounded kinda ricerish without the euro resonator. Then, I installed the euro resonator and there was nearly no change in tone whatsoever. Maybe a little bit deeper, barely noticable. Then I removed the resonator that is on the center section. Thats when it got REALLY deep. It sounds frikkin awesome. I always open my rear windows when it gets warm enough, just to hear that snarel(sp) when I punch it.

fait_svx 02-15-2006 09:36 PM

Heres an illustration of what I removed
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5323/poop4wm.th.png

gest24 02-15-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fait_svx
Depends on how much you paid. If you paid less than 800 bucks, your gonna get the muffler and center section only. More than that then your getting the euro resonator too. I orignally ordered just the muffler, but it took 3 months to get here. After the 1st month and a half, I was able to get the center section free of charge. I then got the euro resonator from Altrac for 200 I think it was. I thought it sounded kinda ricerish without the euro resonator. Then, I installed the euro resonator and there was nearly no change in tone whatsoever. Maybe a little bit deeper, barely noticable. Then I removed the resonator that is on the center section. Thats when it got REALLY deep. It sounds frikkin awesome. I always open my rear windows when it gets warm enough, just to hear that snarel(sp) when I punch it.

I paid $850... so I guess I should be looking for 3 pieces and the install kit.

One good thing is how fast Dan replys to E-mails. I was asking what was up with the delivery of my system and 10 min later I had a response. Guess the hang up is the crossing the border and switching couriers.

wynndi 02-16-2006 05:48 AM

STEBRO Installation

Sooo, it sounds like the cat-back isn't plug and play due to a design that won't hold the gasket in place? Is there a work-around besides welding an extension in place? Has this been the case for all Stebro cat-back installations?

If so, I may have time to let Dan at Stebro know to put an extension on before shipping.

intelisevil 02-16-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynndi
Sooo, it sounds like the cat-back isn't plug and play due to a design that won't hold the gasket in place? Is there a work-around besides welding an extension in place? Has this been the case for all Stebro cat-back installations?

If so, I may have time to let Dan at Stebro know to put an extension on before shipping.

I think it would be a fairly simple fix for them to do if some people who have purchased the product in the past would give them some 'positive' feedback.

Dan

wynndi 02-16-2006 09:56 AM

I contacted them and got a response:

"It will fit the OEM gaskets. If it doesn't, they should contact us."

I'm hoping for no surprises when the kit arrives.

gest24 02-16-2006 10:15 AM

Well the guys that've had issues should take some pics and send them to Stebro.

wynndi 02-16-2006 10:56 AM

Send them fast so that my and each subsequent set is correct!

gest24 02-16-2006 03:21 PM

Well if I run into an issue I'll be sure take some pics and send them up. Luckily the Auto Hobby Shop I go to has a welder there and Mechanics to use it.