The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Electrical stuff not working........... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44548)

mysvxrocks 04-29-2008 03:05 PM

Electrical stuff not working...........

Seriously, I fix one thing, and more and more just keeps going out. So heres a list of things that arent working. My rear defogger, my door lights, ignition light, door lock light, my gauge lights, and my shifter light. I just replaced EVERY SINGLE fuse that I could, and that did NOT fix the problem. Can someone please help me? Or am I screwed. And no my dimmer switch is not turned all the way down. Everything worked fine the other day, now its all dead. This happend when I pulled my stereo the first time, and it was a blown fuse then. This time.. no fuse. -Dennis

crazyhorse 04-29-2008 03:08 PM

I'd slide the cage out & look for a pinched wire. If you know it started with that, what harm is there to go back & look?

mysvxrocks 04-29-2008 03:37 PM

I just took the stereo out... and straightened out everything... and still nothing. Any other ideas? The fuse blew last time because I shorted out a stereo wire. Then cartoys fixed everything for me, and it all worked. I just put in a new climate control from a 95... could that be it?

Trevor 04-29-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 544809)
I'd slide the cage out & look for a pinched wire. If you know it started with that, what harm is there to go back & look?

This would surely include all things you have done, including the climate control. ;)

tiv0 04-29-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysvxrocks (Post 544808)
Seriously, I fix one thing, and more and more just keeps going out.

if it makes you feel any better, the same thing ALWAYS happens to me too
im almost afraid to try and fix anything anymore

just my 2cents

mysvxrocks 04-30-2008 02:28 PM

I cant figure it out.... Im at the point of giving up. I have my entire dash ripped out... again... and STILL no lights. I didnt change anything else out on the car. So I just dont know what to do. Oh, and my battery is dead, again, for the 5th time.

Manarius 04-30-2008 02:37 PM

Maybe you have a bad ground somewhere. Guess you just gotta get a multimeter and start testing.

mysvxrocks 04-30-2008 03:01 PM

Start testing what? And I dont even know what you are talking about. I know nothing about electrical work.

mysvxrocks 04-30-2008 03:48 PM

Does anyone even have a guess as to what wires could be causing it? The door lights/gauges/rear defrost have to be connected in some way with each other. As these are the same things that went out last time... Im extremely ticked off that I spent $17 on all new fuses, and it didnt fix the crap. And I dont want to go messing with any more wires than I need to, as something else is just going to stop working. Maybe Ill just live without fricken gauge lights... this is so stupid. I mean, I just dont get why only some lights arent working, and all the others are.

mysvxrocks 04-30-2008 04:16 PM

Oh my god.... I just figured the damn problem out... And now I have to put the entire dash back together :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So if anyone else ever does this, you will know whats up. So, I have pulled 3 different security modules out of different cars, in hopes that it would work in mine. No luck. So when I put everything together, I left the non working security module out. That was the problem. Even though it doesnt work, I guess it does something. As when I plugged it back in, my lights came back on. How stupid is that...