The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Throttle body cleaned. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9909)

Seraph 04-09-2003 02:24 PM

Throttle body cleaned.

Just cleaned the TB. Let's see if the engine is still doing it's thing.

L

Green1995SVX 04-09-2003 02:31 PM

I'll be interested to see the results. I have never done this to mine, and my engine makes some really weird noises at the top, and also sort of has an uneven idle.

Mike

SvXit 04-09-2003 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I'll be interested to see the results. I have never done this to mine, and my engine makes some really weird noises at the top, and also sort of has an uneven idle.

Mike

Can there be a throttle body cleaning party at Reading, by chance? I don't think my car has ever undergone the procedure either, but I'd be willing to bet the dealership want$ all kind$ of ca$h to do it.

wawazat?? 04-09-2003 02:38 PM

WooHoo

Throttle body cleaning fluid fumes!!!

Let's do this Friday night!

Todd

mohrds 04-09-2003 02:44 PM

Re: WooHoo

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
Throttle body cleaning fluid fumes!!!

Let's do this Friday night!

Todd

WooHoo!!

I'll Bring the Cigars!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Doug

wawazat?? 04-09-2003 02:46 PM

Excellent

I can wake up with both a headache from the TB cleaner and a nasty taste in my mouth from the stogie!:D

Todd

mohrds 04-09-2003 02:55 PM

Re: Excellent

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
I can wake up with both a headache from the TB cleaner and a nasty taste in my mouth from the stogie!:D

Todd

Don't forget to wake up wrapped in burn bandages when the cigars ignite the fumes ;)

Seraph 04-09-2003 02:58 PM

Results:

No more bucking!!!

The car picks up quicker and seems to regain some ponies that I lost. It could be psychological.

I have to re-adjust something. The idle is a little high at 1300. in N and a hair over 1000 in Park.

It does take a couple of hours and you smell like crap but it is worth it. You should see my old throttle.

This is what I did though: I got Doug's old throttle body from his un-used engine. I cleaned it up and put it in. I took mine out and mine is still sitting in my bathroom.

Wanna see pics of dirty throttle body?

L

ps. now I can smell my car burning oil and I officially have an headache.

mohrds 04-09-2003 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Wanna see pics of dirty throttle body?

That is by far the worst pick up line I have ever heard...

Glad to hear you'll be at Reading now that you have no more excuses.

Beav 04-09-2003 03:30 PM

Lwin - don't adjust anything. The only adjustment available is one that should never be made after its initial adjustment at the factory. Give it a few days and the computer will relearn how to handle the newly available air supply vs. the new TPS closure spot.

Green1995SVX 04-09-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

That is by far the worst pick up line I have ever heard...

Glad to hear you'll be at Reading now that you have no more excuses.

HAHAHA!!!!

Tim 04-09-2003 03:39 PM

Hey baby I didnt know parking tickets could walk cuz you got "fine" written all over you.

FifthElement 04-09-2003 04:55 PM

Mine used to have a real tough time starting in the cold. If it sat outside and it was under 32 F out, it would usually stall out as soon as the key was turned.

Throttle body cleaning fixed that problem. It also has a smoother excel now.

I highly suggest this procedure to anyone who has never had it (on your car, of course).

vkykam 04-09-2003 05:40 PM

Lwin,

Don't touch that dial. :) Mine rev'd at almost 2000RPM at first, but a spirited drive and some hard cornering later, the rev went back to normal.

I suspect the fluid's lodged somewhere in there pooled up, and blocking something. Every time I took a hard corner, the rev dropped at the next set of lights. Only took me a 5 mile drive to get it back to normal.

See you at Reading?

VK
Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I have to re-adjust something. The idle is a little high at 1300. in N and a hair over 1000 in Park.

subafan 04-09-2003 06:32 PM

is this the new cure-all of my-svx-is-down fever??