The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I talked to Rob (copy) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9803)

Seraph 04-05-2003 07:39 AM

I talked to Rob (copy)

This is a copy of the same post in the network officers forum that I posted yesterday night. Again read it. He is trying to do his share to calm things down. All of you should as well. He had been a nice and he did not take every bait. I know some of us have tossed in a couple of baits here and there to see if he will respond. ENOUGH! If he is not starting it, some of you are. I am not going see people go because of HIM or because of SOME OF US. IT'S NOT JUST ROB AS A WHOLE. I AM BLAMING ALL PARTIES WHOE ARE TOSSING FUEL IN THE FIRE!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

I talked to Rob. I listened to what he had to say. I finally told him about the situation and he finally understood that he needs to have some control.

He told me that he did not start all the fights. I totally agree. There are times when we tossed out things at him.

He asked me if the atmosphere will improve if he went away and I told him that it might. He is willing to do the followings:

Wait and find out.

I think it will help. Give him a chance. Don't try to start a fight and toss baits at him. If you toss baits at him, it's your fault.

When you talk to him on one-on-one basis, he is a nice kid. Just don't know when to stop. His argueing days are from the Neon days and told me that he is trying to control them. I think he is and has been until the christian thread.

Let's give him a chance. Add a couple of more moderators (level headed who will not jump on every comment Rob makes), and I personally think things can improve.

He told me that he left the network after talking to Chris and that we did not ban him. I belive that. Let's wait out and see how things go for a while.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SHISVX 04-05-2003 08:18 AM

Waiting;)

kuoh 04-05-2003 10:11 AM

Aww....I got to this party too late. But I see another one starting up next door. ;)

KuoH

Seraph 04-05-2003 12:40 PM

Kel,
if you are waiting, there is a good chance that I may not be there at Reading this year. I will drive out later to say hi to you though. I am not sure when. With the current condition of the car, I'd rather leave her parked than drive her around. She is gonna hit 200k miles today.

L

wasions 04-05-2003 02:55 PM

Lwin,

I'm glad you posted this. I meant to send Rob an apology related to the last comment I made directed at him. You were right to rebuke me. It was flippant and self-righteous. So I'll just do it here.

Rob, and anyone else who I may have offended (I even offended myself, once it was called to my attention. Sometimes I'm not all that quick.), sorry. :(

Seraph 04-05-2003 03:19 PM

I am not trying to take credit or anything. I am just trying to calm everyone down a bit. It seems that with the meet coming up and with other troubles on our minds, things are getting a little too hard to control. I thought someone should do something about it and it was just out of the blues that Rob and I got to talk over AIM yesterday night.

I thank you Steve for the apology towards Rob. We all know that things calm down a bit when Rob(Ca$h) was not around. We actively looked out for him as well -- myself included. Why? We needed to take out our stress I guess and Rob seemed like a perfect solution. He started on the wrong foot in the forum. He is *trying* to change. He has changed a lot since the first time. But it is not something that you can do it overnight.

At the same time, there are some of us who keep tossing out baits at Rob to see if he might bite. I think that is as bad as Rob trying to start a fight or not knowing when he should stop. Just stay away from each other for a while and I think we can calm everyone down and we'll take a look at the situation again.

How about that?

Subafreak 04-05-2003 04:28 PM

You see alot of times that two people that don't know each other that well will get into a big fight and later on get over it and realize that they actually get along really well. Once you've seen the worst in someone it's easier to get to know them better after. I think things got quiet when he was gone, to quiet. He made alot of long threads mostly just by stating his strong opinion. I think he has been doing real well in toning down his posts.

Trevor 04-05-2003 07:48 PM

There would not be many who would eat humble pie as Rob has done and react positively in respect of mistakes.

I believe I am the oldest posting here and as I have said before I have always seen a lot of character in Rob. Trouble is in calling a spade a spade in the past he tended not to be careful in his shovelling and he upset many. But there was over reaction which fuelled the fire and to the detriment of the network it continues.

Boone 04-05-2003 08:14 PM

Trevor. You more than most should not be mistaking warm feet for character. Boone.

Trevor 04-05-2003 08:28 PM

Boone, exactly what do you mean ?

Seraph 04-05-2003 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trevor
As a child I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet but I detest bull****!

Boone 04-05-2003 08:34 PM

;) (regards, I think you're reading him wrong) B.

Trevor 04-05-2003 08:37 PM

I gather that I am being told that I am talking bull**** by those who are not willing to shoot straight from the shoulder.

Boone 04-05-2003 08:42 PM

Sorry our posts have crossed. I meant to imply your perception of character is flawed. B.

Boone 04-05-2003 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trevor
I gather that I am being told that I am talking bull**** by those who are not willing to shoot straight from the shoulder.
Not at all... see above...