The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jamsvx has an SVX!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5637)

Jamsvx 08-27-2002 07:32 PM

Jamsvx has an SVX!!!

After literally years, I now own an SVX!!!:D

*explodes with excitement*

I picked it up yesterday:

1992 charcoal grey, 61,000km, one owner, every record for every cent spent on the car, transmission done 18 months ago, 1 year rego, perfect, immaculate paint and interior.......:D :D :D :D

Needless to say, Cassie and I went for a drive last night....wow!!!! The noise of that engine under acceleration....*I am grinning as I type this*

*jumps around*

And EVERYBODY looks...its a very sinister looking car....and quite a few want a drag!! A Bilstein edition Liberty sedan with very big rims wanted to play, in and out of traffic to catch me, pulled alongside and nailed it......so I did the same *lauging* bye bye Mr Liberty!!!

Thanks for all your support and I will upload pictures ASAP!!

vrrrrrrrrrrrommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

James

Green1995SVX 08-27-2002 07:39 PM

Oh my god James, I thought this day would never come!!!

Congratulations. <hands James a cigar> It's a girl!!

-Mike :D

wawazat?? 08-27-2002 07:43 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Nice work James! She sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see the pics!

Todd

nubs 08-27-2002 08:07 PM

Well it's about time. I am happy to see you have finally fullfiled your dream.Isn't it great.:)

mohrds 08-27-2002 08:09 PM

Congrats!

Now go outside and stare at her for a few more hours :D

Doug

Ron Mummert 08-27-2002 08:34 PM

Nice work, James. Get the "30 day Jollies" out of your system, then if the car's still in one piece, baby it; with an occasional goose to let her know who's boss.
Have fun.

Ron.

Kienan 08-27-2002 08:46 PM

Good work James

At last, we finally can go cruising,

Congratulations

Jamsvx 08-27-2002 08:53 PM

Thanks!!

I bought a car cover for it....ex Sydney Olympic (not logoed - it was used to cover all the cars with the logo's that people were not allowed to see!), waterproof, cotton lined.....$30!!! bargain!!

The only thing is going into reverse there is a pause then a discernible 'clunk' - I hate to ask but is this good or bad???

Transmission cooler and custom plates are on the list (once I clear the stamp duty and the agggggggghh insurance!) and I am, contrary to the flat to the floor episodes described above, driving it so carefully!!

And Kienan, we need some high speed blasts down the freeway...5 SVX's, middle of the night....a convoy of fanatics!!

Now I just need to catch a B4 napping!!

:D

Green1995SVX 08-27-2002 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx

And Kienan, we need some high speed blasts down the freeway...5 SVX's, middle of the night....a convoy of fanatics!!

Now THAT is fun... A few of us did some high speed runs together at the Indiana meet. FUN FUN FUN!!! :D

Aredubjay 08-27-2002 10:42 PM

Saints be praised, James!

Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire -
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!

May the saddest day of your future be no worse
Than the happiest day of your past.

Safe motoring maith cara!

northernkanuck 08-27-2002 11:01 PM

Congratulations James, hope you enjoy the ride for a loooonnnnggg time.

Keith

Seraph 08-27-2002 11:07 PM

Congrets mate.
I know how it feels to have the key for the car you want in your hands. Enjoy the moment and many more moments to come. Treat her well. I know you will. Post the pics if you get a chance. I may be interested in the colour for my next SVX.

Enjoy. And like Doug said, go look at the car again. Better yet, go take her around the town and drive her around a bit. She'll love it. Then take a chair, a drink, and share some quiet moments with her.

-- Lwin

Jamsvx 08-27-2002 11:31 PM

I plan on spending money and a lot of time on some good car cleaning products and have organised for some nice shots of the car down at Sydney Harbour - should be finalised within a week or so.

Oh, Cassie and I have named it:

Saoirse (Gaelic name of course!!) pronoucned SEER-sha and meaning 'Freedom'

Can't wait to get home and drive it, and talk to it..

My friend asked if I slept in it last night :rolleyes: ...that would wrinkle the leather!!

Seraph 08-28-2002 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
My friend asked if I slept in it last night :rolleyes: ...that would wrinkle the leather!!

SVX is pretty comfy for sleeping. I did that twice. If you don't want the leather to wrinkle, there is a trunk. :D

MartyMcFly 08-28-2002 01:23 AM

Congrats

I feel with you JamSVX!

A great feeling if you sit into the car and call it your own.
Enjoy the ride with that great piece of car.

mfg hrc