The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   this sucks... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3195)

srmifer 03-19-2002 07:13 AM

this sucks...

well, apparantly my car having an 'internal engine failure' at the same time, coincidentally (of course), that i brought it to the shop, is not their fault. flippin bad coincidence, i say. hmmmm...i am extremely pissed right now...the dealer has my car. they want their rental back...they have my money...i'm thinking about firebombing that damn store. anyways, just wanted to vent. doesn't look like me and the svx will be having fun anytime soon. :mad:

sith 03-19-2002 07:46 AM

that sounds pretty darn suspicious ... "Yeah, uhh, your car was running ok when it got here but it broke when you tried to leave with it, but it's not our fault!"

"Internal Engine Failure" is a bit general ... did they give you any evidence proving that it was a long lasting issue that just cropped up? Or is "Internal Engine Failure" synonymous with "Earl dun forgot to put the water pump back in" ......

DavieGravy 03-19-2002 03:52 PM

Internal engine failure at 119k?
Hmmmm.

srmifer 03-19-2002 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
Internal engine failure at 119k?
Hmmmm.

ah...it's bearing failure...which they tell me now requires a new engine...

Green1995SVX 03-19-2002 04:00 PM

I have never heard of something like that with a svx... You just got the car... any warrenty on it?

-Mike

srmifer 03-19-2002 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I have never heard of something like that with a svx... You just got the car... any warrenty on it?

-Mike

not from the place i bought it...but i bought a third party warranty on it. all i can say is that the thing was running fine, and a bearing failure while it's at the shop seems godawfully strange to me. i mean, i thought the engine on this car was the one thing that wasn't supposed to break!!!!

Green1995SVX 03-19-2002 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by srmifer

not from the place i bought it...but i bought a third party warranty on it. all i can say is that the thing was running fine, and a bearing failure while it's at the shop seems godawfully strange to me. i mean, i thought the engine on this car was the one thing that wasn't supposed to break!!!!

thats exactly right, andrew. the engine is the SVX's strong point. Will your warrenty cover it?

-Mike

srmifer 03-19-2002 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

thats exactly right, andrew. the engine is the SVX's strong point. Will your warrenty cover it?

-Mike

the warranty will...but i'm going to fight tooth and nail to try and get firestone to cover it. they already said it's nothing they could have done, but i think they screwed up somehow just playing with my car. this is a bunch of guys who told me my engine was MADE by porsche :rolleyes:

Aredubjay 03-19-2002 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by srmifer

the warranty will...but i'm going to fight tooth and nail to try and get firestone to cover it. they already said it's nothing they could have done, but i think they screwed up somehow just playing with my car. this is a bunch of guys who told me my engine was MADE by porsche :rolleyes:

Oh my Lord! They didn't!?!? Here's what I'd do: contact the warranty company, file the claim and let them fight it out with Firestone.

Any chance for a second opinion?

mohrds 03-19-2002 06:00 PM

<<Any chance for a second opinion?>>

I'll give you a second opinion:
214,000 miles. Oil changed religously every 8,000 to 10,000 miles.

last pressure test left each cylinder within a percent or two of the others.

Catostrophic engine bearing failure on a EG33? About as likely as winning the lottery two months in a row.

Besides, there's no reason they can't replace the bearing for less than $4400 unless sent debris through the entire oil system.

Doug