The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   R&T Guide Finished (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214)

rufus 04-04-2001 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the guide is finished. I have never used Acrobat with anything so graphics intensive; The final product is much larger than I expected, over 320 MB. The original .jpg files for all 100 pages total about 25 MB or so. It came out pretty well though, I think.

So here is the deal (and an incentive to attend the upcoming Reading meet this weekend)...

If you are planning to be there AND reply to this thread before midnight Thursday, I will have a copy of the CD in my grubby little hands for you when I show up for the meet Saturday morning. It will have the .pdf file and a folder with all the original .jpg images, and maybe even a nice printed cover if I have the time. For the rest of you, we can figure out a good distibution system next week.

There is probably room for a little tweaking, and if someone wanted to take the time to make any modifications I would not be offended. Some of the pages could use a little cropping, but it is all readable and the pictures look great.

wasions 04-04-2001 12:22 PM

YYYYYESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Yo, Aredub! I've got that burnin' feelin'. I got an urge to burn. Let me burn this baby, would'ja? Maybe could'ja? Oh, yeah. Watch me burn! Puhleeeeeeeze! Just bring your copy 'round heah, heah?

Steve

Aredubjay 04-04-2001 01:05 PM

<<Yo, Aredub! I've got that burnin' feelin'. I got an urge to burn. Let me burn this baby, would'ja? Maybe could'ja? Oh, yeah. Watch me burn! Puhleeeeeeeze! Just bring your copy 'round heah, heah?>>

I'll try to grab a copy. I've got a burn-r, so, I'll even burn one for you and deliver it some Friday at Mandarin Garden ------ that is, if I even get to go! (Still waiting on the fateful call which will determine my attendance or non-attendance).

wasions 04-04-2001 01:12 PM

Y'wanna borrow my, uh, Camry?

(No, no, please don't hit me!)

steve

svxcess 04-04-2001 03:31 PM

R/T CD

I'll be arriving at Reading Friday afternoon. When are you going up. Put me down for a CD and I'll bring you some club stickers, since I noticed you weren't on my original decal order.

nubs 04-04-2001 07:26 PM

Road $ track CD

Hi Rufus, I would also like a copy of the cd you made if possible.Thanks I will see you on Saturday.

joeaux 04-05-2001 01:34 AM

Have you got broadband? If so I can set up my Hotline server so you can upload it and then others can download it. With broadband it won't take long. I'd be glad to setup my Hotline server until everyone that wants it can get it. What do you think? I could even setup an ftp server on my SGI Indigo R4000. Just let me know what you guys want to do.
-joe-

jscorse 04-05-2001 04:52 AM

Sign me up!

I've got a T-1 line, so whenever someone posts the *.pdf I can download it. I get about a meg/few seconds.

I can't WAIT to get MY grubby little hands on that. :D

Cool! I like the NEW smiles box...:eek: :D :p ;)

AJ 04-05-2001 01:57 PM

me 2

I'm wating to DOWNLOAD. I have a T3, and a ftp (thats always busy with downloads), and i'll help in any way I can! Saved me 50 some dollars, thanks!

RoweDawgg
Red 94 L

mohrds 04-05-2001 02:14 PM

I'll be at Reading!!!

I'll be at Reading this weekend. I also have access to plop an FTP server on a T3 here so I'd be happy to post the contents for anyone to download.

Doug

joeaux 04-05-2001 04:47 PM

We need to get this thing up on at least ONE server! That way the rest of us can get it and host it via ftp or Hotline. More choices!
-joe-

AJ 04-08-2001 03:55 PM

someone contact me about uploading the files! I can host, or work something out with mohrds!

AIM: ajrowe22
MIRC/Channel Chat: RoweDawgg

:)

mohrds 04-10-2001 01:52 PM

Available for download

Great Job Rufus, the guide looks great.

Brian has been kind enough to host the files for us. You can download them at:

http://doug.mohr.net/svx/index.html

I must say, the raw files are a much better way to go IMHO, a mere 30MB compared to the 325MB acrobat file. The acrobat file appears to be just a collection of the JPEG images. Am I right, Rufus?

If so, You can get a great JPEG viewer from ACDSee by going to www.download.com and searching for acdsee

or click here:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-2.1808446

Enjoy,

Doug

joeaux 04-10-2001 04:31 PM

Good Job! The host is great! I downloaded both the images and the PDF at the same time (about 100K/sec each). Look good to. If we need to do it I can host the thing on my ftp server.
-joe-

tober76b 04-14-2001 03:49 AM

download

nice....147KB/sec.
took under 3 min for the 30MB version.
thanks for all of the effort guys.
toby