The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My Latest Purchase (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64732)

Dessertrunner 11-21-2018 03:03 AM

My Latest Purchase

1 Attachment(s)
Some of you guys would be aware I purchased a couple of Subaru F1 engines a few years back. Well a couple of months ago I purchased the F1 car and in now resides in Australia.

Sean486 11-21-2018 03:53 AM

Re: My Latest Purchase

Wow, what are your plans for it?

Blacky 11-21-2018 05:06 AM

Which year of specifications was it built for?

SoobCrazy 11-21-2018 09:15 AM

Please provide as much information and photos as humanly possible! This is amazing! :eek::pics:

huck369 11-21-2018 11:21 AM

NICE!!! Looking forward to more info and Pic!

svxnavyvet 11-21-2018 10:07 PM

Good to see you back miss reading your post:D

irox 11-22-2018 11:05 AM

Nice F1 car! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Do you have have several Subaru F1 engines? As in the flat 12 engines? Wow! <insert eye popping emoji thing>

Also nice collections of cars. The mid-engine SXV conversion listed in your signature, is that getting a flat 12? :)

Cheers!
Ian

SoCoNoHa 11-22-2018 12:31 PM

Was wondering what became of those.... Please keep us updated. Looking forward to new posts from you Dessertrunner, you keep things interesting.

wdb 11-22-2018 05:46 PM

Oh my.

Oh my oh my oh my.

Dessertrunner 11-23-2018 09:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
The car attempted to race in the 1990's the engine is a 3.5 litre flat 12 and reved to around 13,000 rpm put out about 600 hp. The car and engine were not successful at all, move of history blames the engine but even when Coloni changed his cars over to Cosworth V8's they still didn't qualify. The rights to the Subaru engine design were on sold and later versions of the motor were used in Ocean racing boats. In fact there are still a number of them around today.

I won't be racing it as the engine was just to unreliable and if I damage it the valve of the car would drop so it is destined as a show car.
What I also have is a later C4 chassis which never had the Subaru motor in it but I could fit a different motor to. I also have the original plans for the C3 race car which cover about 300 pages. A few years back I managed to get the engine plans which cover all the different version of the engine built during the Subaru period and after. Some of these design have Supercharger version for the ocean race motor.

wdb 11-23-2018 01:52 PM

Awesome stuff! I see why you wouldn't want to run the Subaru motor though. Still it will be a pretty cool show piece.

svxnavyvet 11-23-2018 08:01 PM

Desssertrunner I now have a 3.7 stroked e.g. that will get one of mikes superchargers on it I picked up the shadow car. you might look into the stroker kit to make a motor.
Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessertrunner (Post 749748)
Hi Guys,
The car attempted to race in the 1990's the engine is a 3.5 litre flat 12 and reved to around 13,000 rpm put out about 600 hp. The car and engine were not successful at all, move of history blames the engine but even when Coloni changed his cars over to Cosworth V8's they still didn't qualify. The rights to the Subaru engine design were on sold and later versions of the motor were used in Ocean racing boats. In fact there are still a number of them around today.

I won't be racing it as the engine was just to unreliable and if I damage it the valve of the car would drop so it is destined as a show car.
What I also have is a later C4 chassis which never had the Subaru motor in it but I could fit a different motor to. I also have the original plans for the C3 race car which cover about 300 pages. A few years back I managed to get the engine plans which cover all the different version of the engine built during the Subaru period and after. Some of these design have Supercharger version for the ocean race motor.

SoobCrazy 11-26-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessertrunner (Post 749748)
Hi Guys,
I also have the original plans for the C3 race car which cover about 300 pages. A few years back I managed to get the engine plans which cover all the different version of the engine built during the Subaru period and after. Some of these design have Supercharger version for the ocean race motor.

Would you be interested in sharing those documents with the Subaru community at large? This is one of the least understood corners of Subarudom.

theflystyle 11-27-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoobCrazy (Post 749760)
Would you be interested in sharing those documents with the Subaru community at large? This is one of the least understood corners of Subarudom.

+1 for sure

Dessertrunner 11-30-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoobCrazy (Post 749760)

It isn't going to happen, I paid good money for the plans so not likely to give away free copies or to create any copies as it would decrease the value of my asset.