The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX - wrecked........ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18418)

AppStateSVX 05-02-2004 10:52 PM

SVX - wrecked........

hey guys,

well, nothing lasts forever, here's the story....i'll post pics ASAP.........

Ok, so i'm on my way home, when i check the Gas gauge and notice that i'm pretty close to the low mark, so I decided that it is better to be safe than sorry and go ahead and fill er up.... well, the pumps are all filled, so i'l stiing there waiting in line to be able to get some gas when something tells me to look over, all the sudden a 1995 Ford F-150 with a 3" lift comes flying backing out from his pump, I try to move, realize that impact is unavoidable, and brace myself...SLAM.....there goes the left side of my beloved SVX.........the dumb hick then gets out, scratches his head and says "what happened, I didn't see you at all??", so then the usual insurance stuff goes on, luckily the neighborhood cop that i'm friends with is patrolling the area-preventing a hit-and-run. But anyway, the damage is looking pretty bad, the door is defeniteley a goner, and the bottom sides are bent pretty bad, and to top it off, the hood is kind of bent strangely, so i'm thinking the frame might be damaged........all of this really makes me mad, WHAT IS IT WITH FREAKIN TRUCK DRIVERS!!!!, i know i'm not the only SVXer on here to fall victim to one. Only good news is that I have at least 2 witnesses that say it wasn't my fault, so his insurance will defeniteley be paying for all the damage, or a new SVX, i'm not going to let some stupid little hick ruin my life with the SVX, i'm way too hooked on these cars to let him!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Motorsport-SVX 05-03-2004 12:11 AM

you know your a redneck when ....

a hick with insurance ?? thats unusual....
did he mess up his mullet ?
that sucks esp when youre sitting there minding your own
business....
Its one thing to wreck your car yourself while your driving it..
its another to have some pin head do it for you....
good luck :)

HighwayUFO 05-03-2004 01:23 AM

I too mourn your loss, and will pour part of my 40 down for you.

Hope the battle goes well.

SubaSteevo 05-03-2004 07:03 AM

Re: SVX - wrecked........

Quote:

Originally posted by MidnightBlack92
all the sudden a 1995 Ford F-150 with a 3" lift comes flying backing out from his pump....
the dumb hick then gets out, scratches his head and says "what happened, I didn't see you at all??"

Gee, I wonder why he didn't see you :rolleyes: Sorry to hear :(

Chiketkd 05-03-2004 09:15 AM

Stupid, stupid, stupid driver....:mad:

huck369 05-03-2004 10:22 AM

I've got a good passenger door (don't know which side you need) that I'd take $100 for if you need it.

I've been through almost the same thing before....it really sucks...but at least he had insurance;)

AppStateSVX 05-03-2004 12:06 PM

hey guys,

just a quick update, I had my local body shop guy come over today and take a look at the car, He said that the car is definetely fixable, but the frame might possibly be damaged, so the insurance company will try to total it, but that I should try to make them fix it instead of letting them total it. The good news is that insurance will cover all the cost, since the Truck Hick is clearly in the fault..........

Chiketkd 05-03-2004 01:22 PM

That's great news...his insurance had better cover EVERYTHING since he backed into you! Hopefully his rates will go up so high that he'll need to sell the truck and get something more 'practical' like a Chevy Aveo or Kia Rio! :D

-Chike

Andy 05-03-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
That's great news...his insurance had better cover EVERYTHING since he backed into you! Hopefully his rates will go up so high that he'll need to sell the truck and get something more 'practical' like a Chevy Aveo or Kia Rio! :D

-Chike

Now that is CRUEL even a Hick doesn't deserve that sort of fate.

mysvxrocks 05-03-2004 02:41 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Ya Well I was in mine and some hick im front of me was shooting a pistol out the door and going about 2 mph on a 30 mph road and that sucked. So We couldn't pass him because when we tried to the idiot went into the other lane, so finally we got passed him and it was all ok but i found out later on thet he ROLLED HIS F-150 LATER THAT NIGHT BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK!!!!!!!

mohrds 05-03-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mysvxrocks
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Ya Well I was in mine and some hick im front of me was shooting a pistol out the door and going about 2 mph on a 30 mph road and that sucked. So We couldn't pass him because when we tried to the idiot went into the other lane, so finally we got passed him and it was all ok but i found out later on thet he ROLLED HIS F-150 LATER THAT NIGHT BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK!!!!!!!
Drunk people with guns....

That's an image I want to get out of my head!

AppStateSVX 05-03-2004 08:07 PM

here is a pic of her now

1 Attachment(s)
well, here's a pic of my SVX now........:( :(

Chiketkd 05-03-2004 08:16 PM

Darn...that's a painful picture to look at... :(

Gets my blood boiling again!!!!:mad:

-Chike

HighwayUFO 05-04-2004 12:02 AM

Why does every one feel the need to post pictures of hurt SVX's. I'm sure that most of us don't want to see it, and that some are curious to see what happened. Oh the humanity of it all:(

CigarJohnny 05-04-2004 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Now that is CRUEL even a Hick doesn't deserve that sort of fate.

Oh yes he does.

So sorry to hear your news, Midnight. What sucks the most is seeing it coming and knowing it is going to happen.

Only thing closest to that that's happened to me is the time I was stopped at a light, while driving my less than one year old Trooper at the time, and watching some jag-off in his S-10 fly around the corner. While I watch him round the corner, his brand new, still in the box, $3000 Mitsubishi 35" TV rolls over the side of the truck bed, hits the ground and proceeds to head directly for me. People in front of me and people behind me and no where to run and nothing to do but sit there and wait for impact. Some of life's moments really suck. Luckily for me it only smashed in my front fender and part of the door. Paint never did match perfectly after that. So much for new-car virginity. :rolleyes:

Some pickup truck drivers really do suck. Best of luck with repairs. I am glad your body guy says it can be fixed. Don't settle for less.

Johnny