The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new 16 year old svxer (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2404)

ironsvxjr 01-06-2002 08:58 PM

new 16 year old svxer

Hello all. I am the 16 year old that got the keys to the svx that my dad, ironsvx, told all of you about. I am excited to talk to all of you. I feel that I am responsible and will not be bad with my wonderful 92 svx;)

wasions 01-06-2002 09:25 PM

Feelings. Nothing more than feelings . . .

If I may be so bold. Don't *feel* responsible. Be responsible. A local kid here is feeling responsible for the death of his best friend. A relative is feeling responsible for handing his late daughter the keys to a new Camaro.

Wanna race? Do it on a track. (Expensive) Or do SCCA events in a parking lot. (A lot more reasonable, and one heck of a rush!)

Be a good boy. Make daddy (and us) proud. :cool: I know you will.

Steve

SVXDriver 01-06-2002 10:18 PM

ironsvxjr,

Have your read your father's post elsewhere in the forum?

I have to agree with you waisons. Be responsible. If anything happens to you or the car, tell your father. I am sure that he will be more worried about you more than anything else.

G

Aredubjay 01-06-2002 11:41 PM

Alex,
Welcome to the Network and welcome to the unique world of SVX enthusiasts.

We've "met" your dad and he seems to have the utmost trust in you. Do your dead level best not to betray that trust. It is an important ingredient between father and son.

You will be tempted (as we all are, youn and old) to "push the envelope" in this car. It's like a horse that wants to run, but, if you let it do what it wants to do, you're bound to get hurt.

Many thanks to you and your dad for being a part of this fantastic community. May you both have many safe miles in your futures.

joeaux 01-07-2002 12:18 AM

Enjoy the group and enjoy the automobile. These cars are among the finest in the world. 16. Heh. If you want to see beautiful, look at a woman or look at SVX from behind one of the rear quarter panels toward the front bumper. You know, along the little bulge above the rear wheel. Oh man. What a site!
-joe-

Mr. Pockets 01-07-2002 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by joeaux
Enjoy the group and enjoy the automobile. These cars are among the finest in the world. 16. Heh. If you want to see beautiful, look at a woman or look at SVX from behind one of the rear quarter panels toward the front bumper. You know, along the little bulge above the rear wheel. Oh man. What a site!
-joe-

Heh. Yeah... <G>

Mr. Pockets 01-07-2002 08:16 AM

Re: new 16 year old svxer

Quote:

Originally posted by ironsvxjr
Hello all. I am the 16 year old that got the keys to the svx that my dad, ironsvx, told all of you about. I am excited to talk to all of you. I feel that I am responsible and will not be bad with my wonderful 92 svx;)
16 and handed the keys to an SVX. Yikes. Be careful and enjoy. Driven responsibly, I find the SVX to be one of the safest and most confidence-inspiring cars I've ever driven.