The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tis the season for stocks tanking, tra,laa, (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42449)

subi-crosser 12-20-2007 11:45 PM

Tis the season for stocks tanking, tra,laa,

If you ever considered getting into the stock market, NOW is the time!

I am playing with 'only gain' money, since I pulled out all of the money that was actually earned at my job a year ago. Stocks are suffering right now. If you ever considered getting involved, NOW is the time!

You should buy low and sell high. There is a lot of under-valued stock , getting ready to explode!

You can 'join' Morningstar' free, and build a 'practice; portfolio. then make a 'real' stock buy, based on the 'virtual' buys that made money.

I am getting beat into the ground on some of the decisions I made last year, but I DON'T CARE!! Because I have pulled THOUSANDS of dollars PROFFIT out of the 'good' decissions I made!

All of the money that is being beaten is money I never met! I never earned it, I never touched it, It is GAIN!

I am not going to tell you what stock to buy, I am just going to tell you to JOIN Morningstar, and track the stock of choice!!

Everything the 'fed' does effects stocks. I noticed a rate decrease. That means that the 'money markets' is the place to be.

When the money markets go up, the stock market goes down. It is based 0n the 'unemployment numbers.If the unemployment numbers go up, get into the stock markets, if they go down, get into the money market.

Been there, won that.

Anyone care to jump in here???

Speedklix 12-21-2007 12:07 AM

yeah, thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes: :)

O well, you need to expect things like this. I'm still holding my stocks for some time to come... and there are more than a few I want a piece of by Feb.

NikFu S. 12-21-2007 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 516830)
Anyone care to jump in here???

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of stock traders interpret there own fortune as a strong US economy. "My stocks are doing well so the country is doing well." :rolleyes:

Just putting that out there.

sicksubie 12-21-2007 07:24 AM

Our school allows 3 professors to choose 6 students once a year to invest for the school with "extra" money. Professors have to oversee and aprove all transactions and in the event that a student is conducting transactions and not telling the professor, the broker will prevent the student from doing anything crazy. I won the competition this year starting with $10,083.67 on September 7th and finishing with $21,112.46 on December 12th ( minus about $480 or so in. :cool::D:D:D I just wish it had been my money and not school's :o

nextse7en 12-21-2007 09:05 AM

Careful what you recommend.

A dollar falling, inflation speeding up, countries abandoning the US dollar as the defacto currency of oil. Housing market falling, credit markets crunching major insurers having their credit downgraded.

Anything in US dollars right now isn't as a good a bet it could be... I would recommend putting your money in a bread basket of strong foreign currencies instead of dollars, becuase I'll bet you dollars to donuts (well, I suppose donuts are worth more now) it going to get darker before the dawn, and I think 2008 will start out with a nice little recession.

-Patrick

sicksubie 12-21-2007 04:09 PM

I invested almost purely chinese companies. The only non chinese companies were ABX, PARD, GOOG, AAPL. Ali baba was my biggest gainer though. Bought at $1.79 and sold at $5.09.... I had 3200 shares in that though. I had to beg a professor to give me approval for the transaction, he finally gave in and is now looking good because of it.....

subi-crosser 12-22-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 516940)
I invested almost purely chinese companies. The only non chinese companies were ABX, PARD, GOOG, AAPL. Ali baba was my biggest gainer though. Bought at $1.79 and sold at $5.09.... I had 3200 shares in that though. I had to beg a professor to give me approval for the transaction, he finally gave in and is now looking good because of it.....

My biggest gain was on cell one. bought at 1.50 sold at 8.50. It went to 12.50 after the merger w ATT

Bought a 'gold mine' in Colorado at .18 sold at 1.10, just before it went back to .25

It's been a fun ride.. I have all my money out of the market, I just play with 'gain' now.

subi-crosser 12-22-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 516940)

You must be a 'NATURAL.!!

subi-crosser 12-22-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextse7en (Post 516891)
Careful what you recommend.

A dollar falling, inflation speeding up, countries abandoning the US dollar as the defacto currency of oil. Housing market falling, credit markets crunching major insurers having their credit downgraded.

Anything in US dollars right now isn't as a good a bet it could be... I would recommend putting your money in a bread basket of strong foreign currencies instead of dollars, becuase I'll bet you dollars to donuts (well, I suppose donuts are worth more now) it going to get darker before the dawn, and I think 2008 will start out with a nice little recession.

-Patrick

Good advise! Caution is always the best 'practice'. I never spend more on a stock than I can afford to lose! It sometimes takes a year or two for a stock to start going in the right direction. Trends change all the time

sicksubie 12-22-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 517089)
Good advise! Caution is always the best 'practice'. I never spend more on a stock than I can afford to lose! It sometimes takes a year or two for a stock to start going in the right direction. Trends change all the time

Exactly... Age plays a large role in your risk too. I can be risky/ borderline foolish at this point in my life because I will have time to recover should I burn and crash. As the saying goes, " A fool and their money are soon parted."