The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Interior Car Care Products (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Leatherique (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58937)

Green1995SVX 12-31-2011 11:59 AM

Leatherique

Last night I ordered a Leatherique kit to try on my SVX. I read some great reviews and saw some amazing before and after pictures. I will post before and after pics once it comes in. I intend on removing the seats from my car and to bring them inside the house to apply it.

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherique-Re.../dp/B0002SPCBW

Blacky 12-31-2011 02:16 PM

Re: Leatherique

It should be called LeatherEEK because of the price. I hope it works well.

benebob 12-31-2011 02:29 PM

Waiting for review.;) Have yet to find a good leather preserver for a car.

RojoRocket 12-31-2011 03:13 PM

Having used this product on all 3 of my leather-clad steeds, I can vouch for it as an exceptional product, working in inverse fashion from most cleaner/conditioners. This one "overfeeds" the hide with the conditioner, then uses the cleaner to remove the filth/fibers, etc that it floats out of the leather. I'm fairly confident you will agree.

Glenn

1986nate 12-31-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 693972)

have you looked up the price for new leather skins:p;)

Green1995SVX 12-31-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 693972)

It's supposed to be one of the best products of this type.

Conn SVX 12-31-2011 05:36 PM

Not bad $$$. If it works. My seats look new but are a little stiff. Not hard just not soft and supple . Do U think this stuff will make them soft or were they never that soft when new .

Sean486 12-31-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 693986)
Not bad $$$. If it works. My seats look new but are a little stiff. Not hard just not soft and supple . Do U think this stuff will make them soft or were they never that soft when new .

That's how mine are, especially the passenger seat. I purchased a fairly expensive ($45) leather treatment that I am going to try this spring when it warms up. Directions say it works better on a hot day. I am curious about this one though, I may try it if the other one doesn't work out.

Green1995SVX 12-31-2011 07:23 PM

Yes. This is supposed to make them softer, too. I will let you know how it works. My seats are really soft as it is, but i'll post the results.

processengr 01-01-2012 08:55 AM

I have been using this product for years. I started when I had the 87 XJ6. It will take numerous applications to soften leather that has dried to a "Taco" state.
I don't have a real lot of experience with leather treatments. I have only tried a few others, Zymol, and another two step, Lexol.
The Leatherique was much better than either.

Green1995SVX 01-07-2012 06:01 PM

I received my Leatherique in the mail yesterday. Today I removed my seats and brought them inside. I intend on starting the process tomorrow afternoon.

RojoRocket 01-07-2012 08:58 PM

Cool! Be sure to let everyone know how it feels to slather that Rejuvinator oil all over the seats and into the seams. If they're real "thirsty" you may want to repeat the application after cleaning it off. I noticed a big improvement in feel, and mine weren't really too bad.

Glenn

svxcess 01-07-2012 09:21 PM

I used this about three years ago on my polo. One hot July weekend where the temperature was over 100 both days.

Started about 11am. The inside of the car was already quite warm when I began. I put a lot of the product on the seats and into the seams and parked it in the sun with all the windows rolled up.

I watched the windows fog up on the inside and slowly clear up. At the end of the day, there was nothing to wipe away; it had all gone into the leather.

In true sv-Xcess tradition, I repeated the entire process the next day. Seats were butter soft and very supple. Overall, I used about 24 oz. of the rejuvenator. Finished with an application of the Prestine clean to wipe away any dirt or contaminants that floated to the surface.

They haven't been done since. The car is usually garaged and not exposed to heat or sunlight and the leather is still in great condition.

Green1995SVX 01-07-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 694514)
used this aboutvthree years ago on my polo. One hot joly ewwlend where the temperature was oner 100 both days.

Have you been drinking? :p:p

1986nate 01-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 694514)
I used this aboutvthree years ago on my polo. One hot joly ewwlend where the temperature was oner 100 both days........

i watchedcthe windows fog up on the inside and slowly clear up. At thevend of the day, there was nothing to wipecaway; it had all gone into the leather.

Must be some fat finger phone typing :p