The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Service, & Parts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   AWD's Repair Care Packages (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48998)

TomsSVX 02-04-2009 11:25 AM

AWD's Repair Care Packages

We will be putting together some parts packages for customers. I would like your input on what packages beyond what I have listed below would be worth while?? Thanks for the input

Valve Cover Gaskets $157.94. 3 gaskets and 10 bolt washer per side. 6 NGK iridium spark plugs. High perf. 7 series or stock grade 6 series

Front Seal Package $50. Includes all new cam seals, plugs, and front main seal.

Front End Service Package $489.98. Includes OEM water pump, thermostat, thermostat gasket, Water pump gasket, New timing belt, All new timing belt idlers, front seal package.

Sol. C package $133.39. Includes new sol. C & transfer valve assembly, Transfer case gasket, 2 transfer valve gaskets, 1 new transfer valve plate.

Transmission service package- $174.51 Includes new OEM transmission internal filter, OEM pan gasket, Crush ring for pan drain plug, OEM o-ring for filter, 9 quarts of Amsoil ATF.

Transmission external filter & cooler set $100. Includes Permacool spin on filter kit, 6 pass Al. Fin cooler, and all needed hoses. We will be making a write-up with pictures for installation.

Radiator Hose and Thermostat package $60.93. Includes top and bottom radiator hoses, 4 new OEM clamps, OEM thermostat, OEM thermostat gasket

All Prices DO NOT include sales tax(NJ residents only) or shipping. Please feel free to contact us about shipping estimates to your location, please leave us your city and zip code for estimates.

Tom

JaySVX 02-04-2009 12:01 PM

Re: AWD's Repair Care Packages

Those are pretty decent prices.

msvx95 02-04-2009 08:17 PM

I agree....wish you guys were in the midwest.

What about rear main seal or is that too labor intensive to add to this care package list?

SuberNatural 02-04-2009 08:27 PM

Wish you announced the trans fluid kit sooner... lol I just paid that much for a service with non-syn atf

Mike621 02-04-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 585878)
We will be putting together some parts packages for customers. I would like your input on what packages beyond what I have listed below would be worth while?? Thanks for the input

Valve Cover Gaskets $110. 3 gaskets and 10 bolt washer per side

Front Seal Package $50. Includes all new cam seals, plugs, and front main seal.

Front End Service Package $489.98. Includes OEM water pump, thermostat, thermostat gasket, Water pump gasket, New timing belt, All new timing belt idlers, front seal package.

Sol. C package $133.39. Includes new sol. C & transfer valve assembly, Transfer case gasket, 2 transfer valve gaskets, 1 new transfer valve plate.

Transmission service package- $174.51 Includes new OEM transmission internal filter, OEM pan gasket, Crush ring for pan drain plug, OEM o-ring for filter, 9 quarts of Amsoil ATF.

Transmission external filter & cooler set $100. Includes Permacool spin on filter kit, 6 pass Al. Fin cooler, and all needed hoses. We will be making a write-up with pictures for installation.

All Prices DO NOT include sales tax(NJ residents only) or shipping. Please feel free to contact us about shipping estimates to your location, please leave us your city and zip code for estimates.

Tom

Tom,

I am glad that you packaged and posted these items. Now DIY mechanics have an easy, quick, one-stop-shop. :)

TomsSVX 02-04-2009 09:35 PM

Just to clarify, these prices are for parts only. Meant so that any DIY owner can easily get their hands on the right parts for job without having a dealer mess up the order

Tom

Hondasucks 02-04-2009 11:18 PM

I would add spark plugs to the cam cover gasket kit, they are a lot easier to do with the covers off, plus you have to take the coils out to get the covers off anyway, and with the additional clearance it is MUCH easier to get the plugs in and out :)

And to your transmission kit, in addition to the OEM filter (which is more of a pick up screen) I would add one of the recall kit filters, the add-in one that goes down by the battery, in addition to the in-transmission filter.

Another idea would be to get some rear knuckles from the junkyard and replace the bearings and seals, and then you could sell them on an exchange basis, since getting the bearings out without the proper tools is a complete PITA. (I had fun doing mine since the part of the kit we have at work that bolts to the hub that you attach the slide hammer to, won't fit the SVX :( so I had to use an air hammer to get the hub off. Once that was off the rest of the kit worked fine. But my car still whines, so I'm guessing either I have toasty differential bearings, or the wheel bearing on the other side has gone to hades as well :(

SVXRide 02-05-2009 11:58 AM

radiator hoses and thermostat kit?
-Bill

SuberNatural 02-05-2009 12:33 PM

Replacement (silicone) hose kits for the engine. I know you can buy rolls, but what about pre-sized lengths sold as a kit.

Im going to be looking for hose to replace all of my tranny, P/s, and engine hoses.

TomsSVX 02-06-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 585988)
I would add spark plugs to the cam cover gasket kit, they are a lot easier to do with the covers off, plus you have to take the coils out to get the covers off anyway, and with the additional clearance it is MUCH easier to get the plugs in and out :)

And to your transmission kit, in addition to the OEM filter (which is more of a pick up screen) I would add one of the recall kit filters, the add-in one that goes down by the battery, in addition to the in-transmission filter.

Another idea would be to get some rear knuckles from the junkyard and replace the bearings and seals, and then you could sell them on an exchange basis, since getting the bearings out without the proper tools is a complete PITA. (I had fun doing mine since the part of the kit we have at work that bolts to the hub that you attach the slide hammer to, won't fit the SVX :( so I had to use an air hammer to get the hub off. Once that was off the rest of the kit worked fine. But my car still whines, so I'm guessing either I have toasty differential bearings, or the wheel bearing on the other side has gone to hades as well :(

The spark plugs is a good idea, I had considered editing it before and just forgot.

As for the filter, We would rather see our customers use the permacool filters as their larger volume makes for better flow and also more surface area to sink heat from;)

I have been offering knuckles for a long time now. its just that removin the hubs is not worth the hassle. It is easier just to have a shop do it for most people and no one has really wanted them.

Tom

TomsSVX 02-06-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 586061)
radiator hoses and thermostat kit?
-Bill

Good idea, I will price that out.

Tom

redlightningsvx 02-06-2009 05:52 PM

Tom, If you wanted to do some silicone radiator hoses I have a website that can custom make them with your logo or plain on them. http://www.boostcontroller.com

sowise 02-16-2009 06:26 PM

How about a head gasket kit? Like basic kit being just the primary seals that would need to be replaced, premium kit being with timing belt and water pump kit, and the ultimate kit which includes oil pump, thermostat, oil pan gasket, basically all the goodies you can think of. Personally the amount of time and PIA it would save in searching out p/n's and making sure we get the right stuff would be great. Just my opinion anyway but I like the kits you have so far.

Mike621 02-25-2009 09:55 AM

Each kit can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each order, by request. :)

sicksubie 02-25-2009 10:22 AM

hey, Tom or Mike... Any updates on rear diff bushing availability?