The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oh, Canada! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6092)

Aredubjay 09-24-2002 12:08 AM

Oh, Canada!

Whenever there is a new member, I get an e-mail. I have noticed, of late, a more than usual amount of our brothers and sisters from the North joining us. Just wanted to send out a warm Network welcome to our newest Canadian friends.

Green1995SVX 09-24-2002 12:18 AM

<holds up Tim Horton's coffee> Welcome!

Mike

Paisan 09-24-2002 05:25 AM

mmmm Donuts. Yum

-mike

Ticallion 09-24-2002 08:38 AM

Wow :) such a nice gesture *single tear*.... I personally live in Canada and work for RoadRunner :P so whenever you guys call tech support, you reach me or my buddies :) I deal with americans all the time, and although misunderstood, we're not too different.

Aredubjay 09-24-2002 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ticallion
Wow :) I deal with americans all the time.
So do I . . . much to my chagrin. :D

sfsvx 09-24-2002 09:18 AM

Definitely - a big welcome to the forum for all our Canadian brothers and sisters, eh.

Glad to have you all aboard. I spent 6 winters in North Dakota (Minot, to be exact) and still feel a connection to the Great White North.

$VX 09-24-2002 12:35 PM

Hrm. I didn't know you could fit huskees and a dogsled into an SVX. :\

- Ca$h

Earthworm 09-27-2002 11:50 AM

Re: Oh, Canada!

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Whenever there is a new member, I get an e-mail. I have noticed, of late, a more than usual amount of our brothers and sisters from the North joining us. Just wanted to send out a warm Network welcome to our newest Canadian friends.
Is there any pattern as to where most of the new Canadian members are coming from?

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 11:52 AM

Re: Re: Oh, Canada!

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

Is there any pattern as to where most of the new Canadian members are coming from?

I'll have to check to make sure, but, if memory serves (which it ocasionally does, on a sporatic basis), Ontario seems to be the predominant locale. Again, I'll have to check.

laserx 09-27-2002 01:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've found that my SVX has been better to drive in the winter(read snow) than my Jimmy. I've had it since it was new in 1992. Before my 17 year old ran into the rear end(the SVX actually went under it) of a Benz it was in perfect condition. It's now been in the body shop for 7 weeks. Went to visit it today, they are just waiting for afew last parts. New fuse box, battery holder and horn bracket. Over $12,000.00 to fix my baby. I was worried that my Insurance company would want to write it off but convinced them to fix it. In the mean time I've purchased new 18" ACE rims and new Yokohama Parada tires along with racing concepts rotors and had the calipers done in silver. Hope to have it back next week and take afew pictures to post in my locker, regards laserx

I_Alcyone_I 09-27-2002 02:16 PM

"I've found that my SVX has been better to drive in the winter(read snow) than my Jimmy."

Me too, I used to take my Jimmy out in the snow, but everyone looked at me Wierd. :eek:

Welcome to the network.

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 11:20 PM

Re: Re: Oh, Canada!

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

Okay, here's how it shakes out. Since September 1, we've had the honor of receiving 11 new Canadians into the fold. Here is how they listed their locations:

Vancouver, BC
Peachland, BC
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal
Toronto
Toronto
Vancouver
Vancouver
Toronto
Montreal
and, one person simply listed, "Canada" :rolleyes:

Very cool. This may be enough to warrant its own forum. Is it possible to have a Canadian Roll Call?

Earthworm 09-27-2002 11:50 PM

1. Earthworm (Manitoba)

vkykam 09-28-2002 09:29 AM

Roll Call

1. Earthworm (Manitoba)
2. VK (Toronto) (92 Pearl)

So just who are all these Toronto members that just signed up? Com'on, fess up, don't be shy... :) There's more excuse than ever now for a TO meet... :)

VK

SVX_MY_BABY 09-28-2002 11:15 AM

Roll Call

1. Earthworm (Manitoba)
2. VK (Toronto) (92 Pearl)
3. Svx_My-Baby (Halifax)