The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm sick in the head.. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42404)

Psychosis5150 12-18-2007 07:27 PM

I'm sick in the head..

I'm looking at my parts car, with that smashed front end, wondering how I can cram the engine in the rear with a FWD 5 speed.. I know it's really not gonna happen, but I still like the idea.. MMMM mid engine SVX... Jeesh, I need to find my meds lol! :p

cruisen_15 12-18-2007 08:19 PM

lol take the engine and put it in an impreza, thats what im gonig to do if i total my svx...

Sir. Nate 12-18-2007 08:24 PM

it could happen if you have the means

Crazy_pilot 12-18-2007 08:58 PM

You're not the first one to consider this. Some have given it some serious thought.

It's Just Eric 12-18-2007 11:31 PM

Eh, id rather make your yugo mid engine:D

SVeXy96 12-19-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisen_15 (Post 516241)
lol take the engine and put it in an impreza, thats what im gonig to do if i total my svx...

Are you on crack? My sisters friend was gonna buy my other SVX engine to put in his 02 bugeye till he realized he'd have to cut the firewall out and rearrange everything under the hood just to fit the thing in there. Its a monster! lol but I guess if ther's a will ther's a way right? :lol:

SilverSpear 12-19-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVeXy96 (Post 516309)
Are you on crack? My sisters friend was gonna buy my other SVX engine to put in his 02 bugeye till he realized he'd have to cut the firewall out and rearrange everything under the hood just to fit the thing in there. Its a monster! lol but I guess if ther's a will ther's a way right? :lol:

Yeah, Jesse at Monster Garage can do it :lol:

Seriously, that guy is a freak

SSSVX 12-19-2007 04:45 AM

call AWD to specially make one for you :D

Crazy_pilot 12-19-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVeXy96 (Post 516309)

:confused::confused::confused:The EG33 has been used a few times in an Impreza chassis, and to the best of my knowledge the firewall has never been a problem. The engine extends forward farther than the 4-bangers, the trans sits in the same spot. For example, the transmission pitch stop brace can be swapped between Imprezas and SVXii, so the spacing from the trans/engine to the firewall must be the same. The creative part comes in getting the rad to fit, since there's much less room in front.

THe biggest problem, IMO, is once you get the EG33 into that little car, you're going to have an understeer monster. With the extra weight in the front the thing is going to push into the corners like mad.

Psychosis5150 12-19-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 516302)
Eh, id rather make your yugo mid engine:D

Now that would be a blast! Sadly the little bugger and I have parted ways :( Maybe I should get another, and put the SVX motor in it!?!? I'd have to mount the seat to the motor though...:lol:

My biggest hang up with putting the engine in the back of the SVX is how to get it in there! The trunk opening is too small... Hatchback mid engine SVX anyone?:p

crazyhorse 12-19-2007 05:47 PM

Easy schmeasy mid engined SVX.
1, buy a half truckload of Asti
2, acquire SVX
3 Remove running gear, rear suspension.
3.5 consume much Asti while doing this
4 acquire 2nd SVX with rear end smahed silly
5 cut front structure from said body, then figure out how to center the wheels in the rear wheel wells.
5.5 consume much Asti for inspiration
6 Cut rear structure from good body
7 Weld front structure in it's place.
7.5 Consume much Asti to replace the sweat from the hot welding
8 bolt both front subframes into the new combined bodies. Making sure the engine/trans is attached to the rearmost subframe
9 Brace up new car so it won't sag.
10 consume much Asti in celebration of having the "heavy lifting" done
11 Create a partition behind the front seats. (can't get inebreiated whlist driving)
12 Find "convienient" places for such extraneous parts as the fuel tank, and radiator
13 Consume more Asti just because.
14 buy more Asti, just in case
15 button up your project by actually getting wiring harnesses in place as well as throttle, shifter ETC
16 Thank your personal diety you bought more Asti, by consuming more.
17 Wait AT LEAST 24hrs before test driving your monster.
18 After a successful test Invite friends to a "bring your SVX & Asti Party" Because your region is now completely devoid of Asti.

Yeah this is humorous, but there is a grain of truth in it. It CAN be done, if you have the tools, skills, & cash

Crazy_pilot 12-19-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 516440)
Yeah this is humorous, but there is a grain of truth in it. It CAN be done, if you have the tools, skills, & cash and Asti:D:D

How did you miss that?:lol:

crazyhorse 12-19-2007 06:21 PM

I bow in deferrence to Chris.
I missed that entirely...shame on me!:o

Psychosis5150 12-20-2007 05:27 PM

So I get the feeling ASTI is the key to success here... Hmmm, I better start stocking up for spring:p I notice by your numbering of the steps, you might be running low on asti bout now!