The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DRIVE magazine article (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11902)

svxcess 07-11-2003 11:19 AM

DRIVE magazine article

I received my latest issue of DRIVE magazine from Subaru, anxiously awaiting the second installment of the article on Subaru History. This installment covers the years 1977-1995 and was supposed to mention the SVX.

It sure did "mention" it...:mad: (I use that term loosely)

Here are the two sentences:

"Then, in 1991, it was time for the Subaru SVX to take a bow. As a show-stopping entry in the high-performance luxury market, it grabbed hold of a new niche in Subaru marketing with a power train to rival any competitors’. And if anyone thought that the SVX introduction meant that Subaru had turned its back on its roots, the Impreza soon followed."

Anyway, for those interested, here is the link to the entire article:

http://www.drivesubaru.com/Sum03_SubaruHistory.htm

benebob 07-11-2003 12:07 PM

Drive mag

The BRAT got 10X the press.:D :D :D

ensteele 07-12-2003 12:11 AM

How soon they forget! :(

svxeno 07-12-2003 06:00 AM

I think it came up only because they must've have been obligated to list it to keep the integrity of the history. :mad:

I'll bet, years from now, Pontiac will even treat the Aztek better than this!

Randy ii

SVXphile 07-12-2003 01:54 PM

Not to mention...

....our group picture from the 10th Anniversary Meet, in fact ANY mention of the 10th Anniversary Meet...has yet to appear in the pages of Drive.

:( :( :( :mad: Don

Subafreak 07-12-2003 07:48 PM

SVX the basterd child of Subaru.

Landshark 07-13-2003 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
SVX the basterd child of Subaru.
my second bastard child. my 928 was the bastard child of Porsche. i must feel sorry for these poor bastards! :D the bug-eyed WRX may turn out to be one, too. what's wrong with me?

Subafreak 07-13-2003 05:26 AM

I would have thought the 944's would be the bastard child of Porshe? I don't think the bugeyes will be bastard childs, as there the same as the new WRX's only ugly.

zamorush 07-13-2003 11:30 AM

Talking about the "bastard" child, I don't think that publishers of Drive, really want to bring the history up. They just don't like the SVX.

I was very dissapointed in the article about SVX, and in the article about B11. No picture or words about SVX, and B11 only had some pretty pictures along with words, no specs at all.

I am about to send an Email to Drive, and ask them what is the deal with their dislike towards SVX.

Will be back with an answer...

nik

LarryIII 07-13-2003 01:23 PM

I just got Drive magazine. I read the article on the B11S. Its called a Grand Utilty Touring car or GUT.first we had GT, then GTO, then SUV, then SUW (sport utility wago...Outback) now GUT.

I guess I 'll have to design & build a vehicle which falls into the category of FART or Fabulously Alarming Retarded Transporter.

SVXphile 07-14-2003 07:00 AM

lack of DRIVE

Larry, maybe you and Randy could get in touch with the folks at SIA and check on what happened to our photo op at Lafayette.

Like we don't already know right?

:( Don

svxcess 07-14-2003 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I would have thought the 944's would be the bastard child of Porshe? I don't think the bugeyes will be bastard childs, as there the same as the new WRX's only ugly.
I thought the true bastard child of Porsche would have been the 914; grandpa was a 911, papa was a 912 and who knows who the mama was :eek:

benebob 07-14-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

I thought the true bastard child of Porsche would have been the 914; grandpa was a 911, papa was a 912 and who knows who the mama was :eek:

The 924???:D

zamorush 07-21-2003 11:41 PM

I just got back the reply to my email!!!

WOW, i was impressed that they took time and answered my email.

here is the answer:

Hello Nik:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Subaru of America does not feel that the SVX was a failure nor did we state that in this recent issue of 'Drive.' This article was not as lengthy as the previous articles regarding the "History of Subaru." So, it does not discuss the SVX as much as the other vehicles. But again, it does not state that it was a failure nor do we consider it such.

Your comments were noted by the Editors of "Drive Magazine." We do appreciate the time you took to convey your thoughts to us.

If you need our assistance in the future, you can always contact us through our Web site at www.subaru.com.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

I guess i misread the article, but originally i though that that is what they ment, when they totally cut back on SVX in their article, and said that it was basically a failure. They did not write it directly but implied. Please tell me if i am wrong?

NikFu S. 07-22-2003 02:45 AM

i just think that they had nothing special to say. no svx has accomplished anything worth news coverage cept being "weird". they just kinda put it out there. but really, what can one say about it?