The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   25th Anniversary Meet (2017) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   25th Anniversary ROOMS BOOKED Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64078)

svxcess 10-25-2016 06:34 AM

25th Anniversary ROOMS BOOKED Thread

Has anyone on the signup list contacted the hotels and made reservations? I would like to keep a count of what was happening for management of room block

Please add your Name, number of nights, type of room and hotel name (either Homewood, Hampton, or other)

Stevebsy 11-03-2016 07:18 PM

Re: 25th Anniversary ROOMS BOOKED Thread

I'm going to call tomorrow if I get a chance :)

How bout the rest of you?

Sean486 11-03-2016 08:33 PM

I have been discussing it with the wife but have not booked anything yet.

ensteele 11-05-2016 10:11 PM

1. Earl Steele ensteele 3 nights King Bed Hampton

trueblue 12-20-2016 01:54 AM

May 6-8 at the Baymont Inn and Suites. :D

svxcess 01-27-2017 01:00 PM

ROOMS BOOKED UPDATE

SVXNATION: 44 signed up as going
SVXWN: 17 signed up as going

Total: 61 people signed up?

Talked to the hotels today. Bre Calloway checked the list to give me an update.

Number of people actually booking rooms. ZERO
Number of rooms actually booked: ZERO

Percentage of rooms left: 100%

The hotel gave us 40 rooms per night and NOT ONE is spoken for... and only 99 days (14 weeks) to go. Subaru has asking questions so they can make their plans, and its embarrassing not to have answers.

THE DRIVE TO 100?

SVXdc 01-27-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 745684)

The hotel gave us 40 rooms per night and NOT ONE is spoken for... and only 99 days (14 weeks) to go. Subaru has asking questions so they can make their plans, and its embarrassing not to have answers.

First off, John, I appreciate the effort you've been putting in to post information about the meet, and trying to keep track of people who will attend.

As you saw a few posts back, Earl said he made a reservation at the Hampton back in early November. Since Bre isn't seeing that, something is wrong. Perhaps the reservation is not flagged as being part of the SVX group? Might that be the case for other people too?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking at the dozen+ other nearby hotels for a lower rate. Some people may search even farther away, or at non-hotels (Airbnb, traditional B&Bs, camper sites, etc.). So it may be unwise for anyone to base plans on reservations logged at just the two "official" hotels.

In my case, I definitely plan to go, but I don't even know what car I'll use to get there (or if I'll decide to fly).

svxcess 01-27-2017 07:49 PM

Spoke with a Earl today about this. He had meant to register at the hotel after he posted, but he forgot about it, as other personal things came up. I thought that maybe he wasn't registered as part of the group; so I gave her his last name and he did not show up. I called Earl and he confirmed it.

From the sign up list on the network, I gave her the last name of everyone I knew and no one showed up in their system.

I really don't care where people stay. I am just trying to find out if they are registered anywhere. Kenyatta White "trueblue" posted his intentions for a different hotel. Just want to see how serious the people on the signup list were to actually commit to staying somewhere

These hotels were picked based on our past experiences, and the large shared parking lot as a staging ground for all events that are scheduled. I know this combination worked extremely well for the 10th Anniversary.

Subaru needs an accurate number of attendees NOW if they have to schedule more than one factory tour on Monday. Following the actual bookings is the only way I can find out who is really committed

This is my last post on the subject. If the hotels don't fill their block, the rooms just drop off and bo back into their inventory, then members are on their own.

I wouldn't wait too long trying to secure alternative lodging at a cheaper rate, because he following week and weekend is a major Purdue event, including graduation.

For your convenience the hotel information link is here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...43&postcount=1

Other cheaper hotels in Lafayette here: https://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search...F2017&adults=1

SVX_MY_BABY 02-01-2017 02:03 PM

I have a question.
Where are the events planned for? I have not seen an agenda.

If no one has booked at the "Official" hotels will they let the parking lot there be used?

I am about to book but would like to know what's happening first.

Stevebsy 02-01-2017 05:09 PM

I will be reserving for two ppl fairly soon at one of the official hotels.

huck369 02-02-2017 12:43 PM

I have not booked yet, but still plan on being there....I will probably look for an alternative motel, as 3 nights at $150 is more than I can afford...I'd rather be at the Official Hotel, but I have to go where I can afford..... But I WILL be there. (barring unforeseen issues:eek:)

svxcess 02-02-2017 01:30 PM

Should I add a "rooms sharing" thread?

i strongly encourage room sharing whenever possible, especially for the younger members. I remember spending very little time in my room in 2002; a quick nap and minimal sleep, and a shower, etc.

Accommodations, plus gasoline and food add up quickly, even for the more affluent members.

huck369 02-03-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 745725)
Should I add a "rooms sharing" thread?

i strongly encourage room sharing whenever possible, especially for the younger members. I remember spending very little time in my room in 2002; a quick nap and minimal sleep, and a shower, etc.

Accommodations, plus gasoline and food add up quickly, even for the more affluent members.

Probably not a bad ideal...

As for me, I'll have my wife with me, so she would have to OK room sharing, which would mean it would have to be someone we (she) already knows......and there are a few people we know planning on going, so it is a possibility ...

SvXit 02-06-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 745684)

ROOMS BOOKED UPDATE

SVXNATION: 44 signed up as going
SVXWN: 17 signed up as going

Total: 61 people signed up?

Number of people actually booking rooms. ZERO
Number of rooms actually booked: ZERO

THE DRIVE TO 100?

John, I should now show as booked.

cozykat 02-08-2017 08:59 PM

Blah blah blah... Let's get this list moving.

1. Earl Steele ensteele 3 nights King Bed Hampton
2. Marisa R. - cozykat - 4 nights - 2 Queen Beds - Hampton (online reservation #86499xxx)