The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SVX at house of marbles (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63503)

b3lha 05-31-2015 02:19 PM

SVX at house of marbles

Saw a nice black UK model SVX in Bovey Tracy last Tuesday. Was it anyone from here?

kuritsa 06-06-2015 01:07 PM

Re: SVX at house of marbles

Hi Phil,

Yes it was mine. It was in for MOT at the garage next door. Alas it didn't pass. The abs unit is leaking under pressure so I need either a new unit or a good how to how to strip and repair it.

We have met. We had a meet up at Cosford about 5 or 6 years ago. I think 3 or 4 svx's turned up and we had a vety good day. Anyway glad somebody still looks at this group. I occasionaly have a look but not many posts of late. If you have any ideas on my leaking abs unit I would welcome suggestions.

Cheers

Wyn

b3lha 06-06-2015 05:10 PM

Hi Wyn,

We do remember you from the RAF Cosford meet. That was a really good day out.

I don't read this forum as much as I used to, but still log in occasionally to see if anything is happening. Our SVX is broken at the moment, waiting on money and time to fix it.

I don't know what to say about your ABS pump. I assume you've looked on ebay to see if anybody is breaking one. I have the factory service manual and could scan the ABS related pages if you need them.

Regards,

Phil.

kuritsa 06-07-2015 06:02 AM

Thanks Phil,

If you could scan and post the relevant pages about the abs pump unit would be grateful. I have located a unit in the states but coming in at over £200 with £100 shipping makes it prohibitive. Also it's a jdm unit so not sure if it is the same as the uk market. It looks exactly the same but at £300 bit on the pricey side. Shame as that's the only thing it failed on.

All the best

Wyn

scoobymal 06-08-2015 10:53 AM

PM sent . Mal :)

b3lha 06-11-2015 01:36 AM

Hi Wyn,

I got the manual out to scan it, but there isn't really anything useful.

It's got removal instructions, basically disconnect the pipes and unbolt the mounting bracket. Nothing that isn't obvious.

Then it says "Unit cannot be disassembled. Do not attempt to loosen bolts".

There's no internal schematics or anything like that.

Phil.

kuritsa 06-22-2015 07:11 AM

Hi Phil,

Sorry for delay. Bit tied up. Thanks for the info. I suspected it wasn't stipable. Looks like it should be. I have found a replacement unit although it's from a jdm but should be ok. I can't see any problems removing it and installing the replacement. As you say it's a matter of a couple of bolts and the pipes. I foresee it could be a bit of a messy job though. Anyway, I will keep you all informed and hopefully another SVX will remain on the road. Must be down to a handful now.

Best wishes and thanks

Wyn

kuritsa 07-13-2015 10:55 AM

Hi all,

Pleased to report that a replacement abs unit was located and has been fitted and my SVX has passed and is now on the road and legal. So another survives on the road. Many thanks to Phil and Mal for your advice and encouragement. Would be nice to have a meet up one day.

Cheers