The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Smoked a Neon and didn't know it. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11620)

Subafreak 06-26-2003 08:06 PM

Smoked a Neon and didn't know it.

Tonight I'm sitting at a red light waiting to get on the highway, and I see what looked like Ford Taurus headlites come up fast behind me. The light turns green the guy stays right up behind me till I get on the entrance ramp and I start pulling gears as usuall. I get it up to about 100mph and steady off, I cruise for about 1/2 mile and then I see the Taurus lights comming up fast behind me and he does the flyby. Thats when I realize it's a Neon with twin 3inch tail pipes a monster tach on the dash and a fancy roof rack. So I run it up to 110mph to get up behind him and he pulls in to the other lane, we ran side by side for about 1/2 mile, I was trying to get him to slow down so we could do a real run but he was holding pace. He came up on a car in his lane and he pulled in behind me, so I slow down to about 80mph and were on a slight incline, then I drop it into 4th and walk away from him again up to about 120mph, then I slowed back down to about 100mph and must have finally got his car up and moving again because he comes flying up behind me again, but I just got off my exit and let it be. It was clear who was the victor. Of course as sone as I saw it fly by I thought of Rob so, If Neons can smoke Mustangs and Camaro's, and I can smoke Neons, I must have one fast mutha of an SVX. Blink,Blink.

Landshark 06-26-2003 08:16 PM

see my nicotine-withdrawal fueled Neon rant in the Off Topic forum. :D

Tarostar 06-26-2003 08:52 PM

Nice man. The SVX is a great car :) Ever since I installed the shift kit, my Suzy has been running damn well. I feel like I can take on teh world in her right now.

Green1995SVX 06-26-2003 10:09 PM

Please post any racing tales in the off topic forum. :) I should have been a little more clear about that.

Mike

petesvx2 06-27-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Please post any racing tales in the off topic forum. :) I should have been a little more clear about that.

Mike

Hey Mike, this is the off topic forum. :rolleyes: :cool:

Phast SVX 06-27-2003 01:25 PM

mike moved it already
phil

Subafreak 06-27-2003 04:55 PM

Ok, so even if it's about an SVX racing it go's in the not SVX forum. But if it's about taking the SVX to the drag strip or track it can go in the babble forum.?

Landshark 06-27-2003 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Ok, so even if it's about an SVX racing it go's in the not SVX forum. But if it's about taking the SVX to the drag strip or track it can go in the babble forum.?
a trick we did in the 928 forum was to write about anything, then in the bottom of the post put a disclaimer, something like this-

required SVX content: i sure do like SVX's. love that AWD. :D

you are now safe to post in the Babble Forum. ;)

jsvxstyle 06-27-2003 09:51 PM

neons suck the svx tail pipes all day

Chicane 06-28-2003 12:48 PM

Re: Smoked a Neon and didn't know it.

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
bla bla bla I beat a neon on a highway
Um... DUH dude. ANY svx, even one with a bad tranny, could anally rape a Neon on the highway. I never said otherwise. But from 0-60, if its a 5spd neon, you're screwed. Same with the 1/4 mile.

- Rob

Subafreak 06-29-2003 05:52 PM

It took you long enough, did you miss the part about him being on my ass as we got on the entrance ramp, I started off at like 15mph and left him long behined.

Chicane 06-30-2003 12:41 PM

Maybe it was an auto. >shrug<

Go race a 5spd. From a stand still. See who wins. :P

- Rob

Subafreak 06-30-2003 06:02 PM

Come on man it had a monster tach, why would he need if it was an auto? J/K it wasn't a shining example of a Neon, it still had the 14" steelies with hub caps, so chances are it was a beat auto, SOHC, with a loser for a driver. With all your talk of killer Neons thoe I would like a shot at one, maybe I 'll see one at the strip later this summer and get to see the raw furry dog!

Chicane 07-01-2003 01:40 PM

Come to IL. There will be a few stock ones running 15s all day long, and some modded ones in the 12s. Maybe Scott Mohler will show up and run some 9s. :P

- Rob

Subafreak 07-02-2003 04:58 PM

IL is a little far for a Neon convention. Do they really run 15s stock? What about the SOHC's, what do they run? I take it the one running 9's is a strickly drag car.