The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally Getting An SVX! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56957)

PhenomSVX 04-04-2011 04:01 PM

Finally Getting An SVX!

Alright, so after being SVX-less for too long, I'm finally in the financial situation to purchase one. And just so happens that the guy up the street is selling his. A black '92 with all the options, has 70k miles on the car itself but the engine was rebuilt less than 1,000 miles ago and the transmission went out (go figure) so it's brand new. It's in pristine condition, since it has always been garaged. He's asking $8,000 for it. What do you guys think of the price? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :-)

Sean486 04-04-2011 04:40 PM

Re: Finally Getting An SVX!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhenomSVX (Post 673070)
Alright, so after being SVX-less for too long, I'm finally in the financial situation to purchase one. And just so happens that the guy up the street is selling his. A black '92 with all the options, has 70k miles on the car itself but the engine was rebuilt less than 1,000 miles ago and the transmission went out (go figure) so it's brand new. It's in pristine condition, since it has always been garaged. He's asking $8,000 for it. What do you guys think of the price? Any input would be much appreciated.

Why was the engine rebuilt, what was wrong with it?

PhenomSVX 04-04-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 673072)
Why was the engine rebuilt, what was wrong with it?

I'm not exactly sure. All he said was that it was rebuilt. It slipped my mind to ask why. I'll ask and post what is find out.

taylorbr 04-04-2011 08:13 PM

I can't help but notice the number of nice SVX's being sold on this site for pennies on what was invested...and still no one is willing to pony up the cash for them. For instance, Mike's is for sale for $9k, but I'm sure you could offer $8k and not offend anyone. In other words, the price seems high considering that you can get a nice car with all the upgrades already in it for close to that same amount!

If you do buy the 1992, take the steps on the forum to protect that new transmission or be prepared to fix it again soon.

dbarnblatt 04-04-2011 08:26 PM

Have a look at this 1994 LSi with 23K original miles. Going for $7500. Fly out there and drive t home! You will spend a just a little more with the travel, but have a nice road trip hand not to many SVXs come up with this kind of low mileage.

1994 SVX LSi 23,000 original miles

MarquisDePosa56 04-04-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

There will be a totally original, pristine, one owner, 93 AE available very soon for around $7500. He is stilll mulling it over

I will be posting all the detaills as soon as I have them

There is a bit of info and couple of pics in "Register Your SVX" 1993

Manarius 04-04-2011 09:53 PM

8k seems a lot for a 20 year old car with 70k miles on it.

ensteele 04-04-2011 10:07 PM

That price is quite high. You can get something much better for less money. Take your time, and don't fall in love with the first one you find. There are some real nice ones out there for less money. Good luck. :)

Freeman 04-04-2011 10:09 PM

It means the value is finally going up, right? Don't fight it. Its bound to happen eventually.

oregondave 04-05-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 673117)
That price is quite high. You can get something much better for less money. Take your time, and don't fall in love with the first one you find. There are some real nice ones out there for less money. Good luck. :)

yup. there's one currently on here that the guy is down to $5500 on that has a supercharger kit and a 6-spd. If you really want one, get one that has already had a manual swap done on it. If I could go back...

Andrew P. 04-05-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

That '92 isn't in Puyallup is it?:eek:
I looked at a '92 down there last year before I bought mine.
It had 70k-ish miles on it and was repainted (badly). He also wanted $8k.
The more I looked at it, the more of a turd it became. And he wouldn't budge on the price.
Look at it closely.