The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   dashboard lights (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3570)

gcookaustin 04-10-2002 06:05 PM

dashboard lights

Should ALL the lights light up when the car is turned to ON? I remember not seeing the FWD light and another one on the bottom row (I forget what it was). Thanks!

Ron Mummert 04-10-2002 08:20 PM

Oddly enough, the low fuel light doesen't lite. It's there - you just have to drive on empty for 50 miles or more 'til it lites. Then you have at least 3 gallons of fuel left. Part of the SVX charm.
Ron.

Green1995SVX 04-10-2002 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Oddly enough, the low fuel light doesen't lite. It's there - you just have to drive on empty for 50 miles or more 'til it lites. Then you have at least 3 gallons of fuel left. Part of the SVX charm.
Ron.

I've only seen mine once, and it took some real guts for me to drive with it on empty that long. What a car... what.. a.. car.

-Mike

EverclearAtMSU 04-10-2002 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I've only seen mine once, and it took some real guts for me to drive with it on empty that long. What a car... what.. a.. car.

-Mike

what a car w/ a gas gauge that messes w/ you :p I acctually filled mine up to 13 gallons yesterday! The needle was sitting under the red stripe on my gauge! and to top it off the light hadn't come on yet! At least I'll never have the problem of running out of gas w/ this car, as I'm the type of person that wont fill it up till it's empy. Oh, good news, gas is down by 20 cents here!!! :D

srmifer 04-10-2002 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

what a car w/ a gas gauge that messes w/ you :p I acctually filled mine up to 13 gallons yesterday! The needle was sitting under the red stripe on my gauge! and to top it off the light hadn't come on yet! At least I'll never have the problem of running out of gas w/ this car, as I'm the type of person that wont fill it up till it's empy. Oh, good news, gas is down by 20 cents here!!! :D

i had my needle bisect the "E" on the gauge...and the low fuel light never went on. i think i filled her up with just under 15 gallons that day...i'm not sure what the low fuel light goes on at, but i guess it wasn't low enough

EverclearAtMSU 04-10-2002 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by srmifer

i had my needle bisect the "E" on the gauge...and the low fuel light never went on. i think i filled her up with just under 15 gallons that day...i'm not sure what the low fuel light goes on at, but i guess it wasn't low enough

I saw mine once, mostly because i was going up a hill

Seraph 04-10-2002 09:13 PM

You guys are chickens -- you have to push it to the limits :D:D:D

The last time I filled mine, it took 17+

Lwin

srmifer 04-10-2002 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

The last time I filled mine, it took 17+

Lwin

where was the needle on your gauge at??? i was freaking out when mine got into the E...then i swore at it after i filled it up...but that's why i love the car :)

92_SVX_LSL 04-10-2002 09:58 PM

yeah when i first bought my SVX i would always fill up at about a quarter tank. But then my dad told me to run it down and see how far i could go before my gas light came on, and then still drive to see how far i could get. I drove it around on the empty line for about a day and then it got to the "E" and it still hadbn't come on and i drove around for about another day and it was still resting on the "E" and so i figured that the gas light just didn't work so i was on my way to get gas and at the stop light it came on. So now i know. Since then i have drove many miles with the gas light on. I have gone over 400 miles on a tank of gas. I love this car.

MartyMcFly 04-11-2002 12:40 AM

Gas lite?

that's what a friend of mine told me.
the gas tank is underneath the backseats, so there is a problem
to point it right at the gauge.
mine was at "E" for a long time and there was no lite, then suddenly the lite went on, about 20 kilometers they lite went off again.
so you can be sure, if the needle on the gauge says "E" there
is still a lot of gas left.
I also LOVE that car.

greetings to all SVXers

keep that rare car alive!

mfg hrc

Seraph 04-11-2002 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by srmifer

where was the needle on your gauge at??? i was freaking out when mine got into the E...then i swore at it after i filled it up...but that's why i love the car :)

It was way below "E"

Lwin

svxpete 04-11-2002 12:22 PM

FWD light NOT

You should normally NOT see the FWD light in the upper left display. You will see it if you put the FWD "troubleshooting" fuse in however.

svx_commuter 04-11-2002 12:58 PM

It was a thrill finding out WHEN the little gas pump light would show up. Riding around on E for a day and hopeing the light works and then YES the light does work:D 400 miles with no trouble on a tank of gas. Going down hill the light comes on and going up hill it's out.

But I really love when the gauge says empty and then it goes up to 1/4 tank.:D The car makes gas:p

kuoh 04-11-2002 02:16 PM

I ran mine till it was completely empty a couple of weeks ago. 5 more miles and I would've been at the gas station where I was going to fill it up anyway luckily, a friend was able to help. I think I got about 60-80 miles after the light came on before it died. Not something I want to repeat again.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

gcookaustin 04-11-2002 03:18 PM

Re: FWD light NOT

Quote:

Originally posted by svxpete
You should normally NOT see the FWD light in the upper left display. You will see it if you put the FWD "troubleshooting" fuse in however.
What about when the car is turned to ON and before it is started? All the other lights but one come on.