The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading 8 Dates? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32835)

svxcess 04-23-2006 08:58 PM

READING 8 DATES and INFORMATION

READING 8 will be held from Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22, 2007.

Here are the essentials:

Reading 8 Dates: Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22, 2007

A block of 40 rooms has been reserved for us. There are 35 rooms with 2 queen beds and 5 king suites. The rate for either is $72.00/night plus 11% tax, for a total of $79.92/night.

The dining room will again be open for lunch on Saturday from 11:30am-1:30pm., the same as it was last year.

There are two other groups booked for that weekend. One is taking about 50 rooms and the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is taking about 30. They will be here for events at the Maple Grove Raceway (more motorheads... woohoo!)

Sydney Simpson (our HI sales director) says that as our block starts to fill up, she can add additional rooms if we need them, as long as they are available. The only way we can be assured of that is to confirm early if you even think you might go. Your CC will not be charged until you arrive and you can always cancel at the last minute. If you commit enough put your name on the signup sheet, then be prepared to call the hotel after they receive the signed contract. Ask for the reservation under the "SVX World Network" or the "Subaru SVX Club"

The reservation phone numbers for the Morgantown Holiday Inn are:

Toll-free: (800) 339-0264
Local: ....(610) 286-3000
Fax .......(610) 286-1920

The last date for reservation cutoff of the remaining, unconfirmed rooms in the block was Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 4:00PM.

UPDATE
The leftover rooms were returned to the general availibility pool and any reservations made after this date are honored on a space-available basis, and not at the original group rate, but the prevailing rate of $139.00/night plus tax, for a per night rate of $154.29.

You can go directly to the signup sheet by clicking THIS LINK. Go to the last page and add your name.

Don't wait to register! Poor Kelli (SHISVX) had to pay double the price of our group rate. She waited too late and registered after the block of reserved rooms was gone. With tax, her room was over $150.00/night

Electrophil 04-23-2006 09:37 PM

Some of us poor southern boys can't enjoy those luxuries anyway.

I think I'll go drown my sorrows. I never get to hang out with the big boys at Reading. :( No expertice from the Tom's, no riding in supercharged SVX's. I'm an outcast in a world of have's.

Cry a tear for me, as I drown my sorrows.:( :(

newsvx 04-24-2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
I know this is waaayyyyy to early to worry about, much less consider....

Easter 2007 falls on April 8th.

The 2nd weekend in April is Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15.
The 3rd weekend is Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22

Since the meet monster was relatively on his good behavior this year, should we tempt him with a Friday, the 13th? :eek:

We can have a poll later down the road. I definitely want to get Reading 8 hotel plans completed by the end of the year. As I said on another thread, I want everyone who is considering attending to reserve rooms within 30 days of the contract being signed, so we can enlarge the block as necessary.

Poor Kelli (SHISVX) had to pay double the price of our group rate. She waited too late and registered after the block of reserved rooms was gone. With tax, her room was about $150.00/night

John,
I vote for the April 20 weekend - better chance of good weather and no conflict with getting taxes in.
Bummer about Kelli. This points out that one should register early and if you can't make it, cancel the reservation - one just has to remember!

The meet this year was great in spite of the rain (and a bit cold too). Just getting together with ole friends was the best part! Well done, John!!
Harry

SVX-FF 04-24-2006 07:17 AM

I will agree in April 21st & 22nd. Besides that is my birthday weekend. :)

That is if I do not break another timing belt, again :eek: .

Steve

green_eyed_lady 04-24-2006 09:15 AM

I vote for the 3rd weekend as well. Can't really relax till the taxes are done. Anyway, the later we have it, the better chance the weather will cooperate.

SVXRide 04-24-2006 09:25 AM

Yep, 3rd weekend is fine. Suggest you consult the Farmer's Almanac to make sure it will be warm and sunny:D
-Bill

Royal Tiger 04-24-2006 03:06 PM

This gives me time to come up with something faster then the car I brought this year. Maybe a Prancing Horse?

Earthworm 04-24-2006 03:18 PM

As long as it's not a galloping horse
...mullet...

TomsSVX 04-24-2006 11:43 PM

Maybe we should seriously contemplate my idea for reading 8 now rather than later. I would love to find an SVX needing a little work and fixer up and raffle it off at Reading. $25 a ticket should pay for it as long as some people would be generous in finding the right parts for it. Anyone have an SVX the would like to donate?? As long as the body is in relatively good shape everything else could be wrong with it. Hey, we have a year to fix it:cool:

Tom

LarryIII 04-25-2006 03:48 AM

John,

I guess I'll start the list.

READING VIII SIGNUP LIST

1. SVXCESS
2. Larry III & the Beautiful Naviguesser

LarryIII 04-25-2006 03:58 AM

Reading VIII / 15th Anniv. SVX Meet

I propose that Reading VIII be the Eastern half of the 15th Anniv. SVX Meet. I think that the western half can be held on the 'left coast', on the same weekend, at someplace like Earl's. Earl can you have your seafood feast early (April) next year?

What does everyone think of that idea.

If everyone likes yhe idea, there will have to be alot of volunteers , both in the east and west in order to pull this off as there is alot of work involved.
No volunteers = no 15th anniv. meet. So let's get cracking.

Budfreak 04-25-2006 04:16 AM

1. SVXCESS
3.Budfreak & Mrs.Budfreak(For as long as I'm breathing:))

Royal Tiger 04-25-2006 08:24 AM

1. SVXCESS
3. Budfreak & Mrs.Budfreak(For as long as I'm breathing)
4. Tigershark (hopefully driving my own Porsche next year)

CigarJohnny 04-25-2006 08:50 AM

I couldn't do this years but will sure try for #8. :)

1. SVXCESS
5. CigarJohnny and PTJackie

svxxx26 04-26-2006 05:25 PM

1. SVXCESS
5. CigarJohnny and PTJackie
6. svxxx26

I vote for the 3rd weekend of April.