The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any Texas owners about?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21785)

Lost_Thought 10-04-2004 11:23 AM

Any Texas owners about??

I see SVXii on the road occasionally and wondered if any other Houston or texas owners hang out on this bord, i think it would be fun to have a Texas gathering eventually.

BordeauxComet 10-04-2004 12:41 PM

Hey! I'm from Texas!

From the Plano (DFW) area, but going to school out in Lubbock at the moment.

I think there's a few members from Texas on here, not too many though...

I'd be in for some sort of "gathering."

-Nathan

Bwana 10-04-2004 02:38 PM

I'm moving to San Antonio in June. (but then im coming back up to milwaukee for school when it starts up again)

Also lived in Plano for 2 years a while back. :D

Myetball 10-04-2004 04:15 PM

San Antonio here. I've seen at least three other SVXs driving around. My scary yellow one, an ebony, a green, and a laguna. That's just on the northwest side of town. The laguna owner posts here.

TXCESSVX 10-04-2004 04:21 PM

TX's SVX's

I'm in NE Texas (Paris) with my black '92.
I don't get out and about much, but I'd be interested in a local meet.
I can't get to Redding for the big annual gig, but I could make it to something closer, depending on the date. Weekends would work better for me.

I took an informal head-count using the Registered Members listings of this forum, and counted about a dozen Texas svx's.
Don't know how many are currently on the road or are still owners of their svx's, or even members of this forum.
Someone esle asked that question not long ago. I don't remember that bringing very many responses (I was kinda intersted too).

I've had my eye out for Bourdaux Comet every time I head over towards Dallas, but so far I haven't seen her.

Let me know when is a good time for you, and we'll see if we can set something up.

Morris

Stevebsy 10-04-2004 07:04 PM

Wow SVTexans!

I just moved to Brownsville, but for the sake of a meet, I would be willing to drive up certainly to Austin or maybe even Houston.

I think I'm the only SVX in the Rio Grande Valley. :(

odepaj 10-04-2004 08:05 PM

San Antonio here, ive only seen 2 other SVXii here. I would deffinetly be up for a texas gathering next summer (in the middle of school right now, so i cant do much)

daluvabull 10-04-2004 08:13 PM

I live in Houston.

San Antonio or Austin would be a good road trip.

daluvabull

odepaj 10-04-2004 08:26 PM

I vote for San Antonio :cool: (im just a "little" lazy......honest)

BordeauxComet 10-04-2004 10:29 PM

Re: TX's SVX's

Quote:

Originally posted by TXCESSVX
I'm in NE Texas (Paris) with my black '92.
I don't get out and about much, but I'd be interested in a local meet.
I can't get to Redding for the big annual gig, but I could make it to something closer, depending on the date. Weekends would work better for me.

I took an informal head-count using the Registered Members listings of this forum, and counted about a dozen Texas svx's.
Don't know how many are currently on the road or are still owners of their svx's, or even members of this forum.
Someone esle asked that question not long ago. I don't remember that bringing very many responses (I was kinda intersted too).

I've had my eye out for Bourdaux Comet every time I head over towards Dallas, but so far I haven't seen --->HIM<---.

Let me know when is a good time for you, and we'll see if we can set something up.

Morris

(I'm a guy, don't let my avatar fool you!:D)

Ever go see the Rallye de Paris? If I were still in Plano I'd drive out and watch (or maybe enter:eek: ), but I'm not driving all the way out there from Lubbock...
-Nathan

BordeauxComet 10-04-2004 10:34 PM

Any of you drive a pearlie with a carbon fiber hood, aftermarket wheels, and some other mods? I remember seeing one on 75 when I was coming back from the airport.

Bwana 10-04-2004 11:02 PM

That would have been me if I didnt crash my white one. :(

Lost_Thought 10-05-2004 07:44 AM

daluvabull, is your car red, if it is i may have seen you on saturday near bellaire.

PDSides 10-05-2004 08:46 AM

SVTEXas

Interesting group of replys. Brownsville to Lubbock, more than 600 miles! If you held a meet at the half-way point, it might be equally inconvenient for everyone! Hold such a meet in the NE with the same midpoint distance and you might cover 15 states. As for an SVX meet, we might consider the San Antonio area for its "central" location for the majority of cars. This would mean a drive of about 200 miles or less for most, less than 4 hours (much less for some of you). San Antonio is a great city for a meet, and the weather is good all the way to Christmas. By the way, if you have it in San Antonio near Christmas, "Romancing the River" will be in full bloom with all the lights in the trees along the river, a truly beautiful sight. La Mansion del Rio would be the ideal hotel, but they are pricy, especially on weekends. Christmas season rates on weekends are about $275.00 per night. Mid-week packages are often available for $199.00. The Menger Hotel is not a bad choice, across the street from The Alamo and next door to River Center. A group of SVX's poised in front of The Alamo would be an awesome sight! Gee, I haven't had an SVX for more than five years but I still miss that car. Best wishes.
Preston

Lost_Thought 10-05-2004 08:50 AM

I just got back to houston from a shindig near lake travis, and i gotta say next time im up there im gonna bring the SVX (we took the outback due to friends rideing with us), the roads are fun and curvey and the local music is really good.