The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pray for All (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1467)

LarryIII 09-11-2001 09:12 AM

OT- Pray for All

Let each of us, in our own way, say a prayer for the people on board those airliners and in New York City, Washington DC, and Pittsburgh.

svxxx26 09-11-2001 09:27 AM

Amen, Larry . . . . I am just totally stunned, can't even digest it.
I have a friend in the DC area, so I am worried about that.

Just sick . . .

svxter 09-11-2001 09:30 AM

Yes, and for those whose lives are yet to be lost. I fear there may be many more before this is all over.

nvrmore100 09-11-2001 09:44 AM

I'm concerned of a possible US retaliation.....

dromano 09-11-2001 10:01 AM

We must retaliate

nvrmore100 09-11-2001 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano
We must retaliate
Well you have to think about this though. So far we are assuming this was an Iraeli terrorist attack. The problem resides in that Israel as a nation did not cause this attack. A US attack on any city in Israel would spawn a war with Israel as a whole, not just this terrorist group. This would become a worldwide incident before we know it. I think everyone will have to be EXTREMELY cautious before any action is taken. I'm not looking forward to seeing a large war spawn from this.

Ryan

Aredubjay 09-11-2001 10:13 AM

I'm mentally stunned and physically ill. My prayers are for recovery for the injured, peace and strength for the family members of the deceased, for protection for our servicemen who may become involved in retaliation and for wisdom for our National leaders. God, be with them all. Amen.

Aredubjay 09-11-2001 10:15 AM

I hope none of you mind. I used my "Powers" to remove the "OT" from this post. This is a topic that touches us all.

Mr. Pockets 09-11-2001 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxxx26
Amen, Larry . . . . I am just totally stunned, can't even digest it.
I have a friend in the DC area, so I am worried about that.

Just sick . . .

My brother just started his job with the DoD yesterday. No word from him yet, but I'm confident he's safe.

This just doesn't seem real.

Aredubjay 09-11-2001 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

My brother just started his job with the DoD yesterday. No word from him yet, but I'm confident he's safe.

This just doesn't seem real.

Nick, let us know what you hear from Chris. My prayers are with him. Although he may not have been impacted physically, I'm sure he is impacted personally.

Mr. Pockets 09-11-2001 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Nick, let us know what you hear from Chris. My prayers are with him. Although he may not have been impacted physically, I'm sure he is impacted personally.

Thanks, Randy. It's tough to say whether he'll be sent home or not. Gov't buildings have been evacuated, but I imagine people in his office will be very, very busy.

249SVX 09-11-2001 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nvrmore100

Well you have to think about this though. So far we are assuming this was an Iraeli terrorist attack. The problem resides in that Israel as a nation did not cause this attack. A US attack on any city in Israel would spawn a war with Israel as a whole, not just this terrorist group. This would become a worldwide incident before we know it. I think everyone will have to be EXTREMELY cautious before any action is taken. I'm not looking forward to seeing a large war spawn from this.

Ryan

I think you meant Palestinian.

dromano 09-11-2001 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 249SVX

I think you meant Palestinian.

Right, Ben Laden is the obvious number one on the list.

kvnobrien 09-11-2001 10:37 AM

I just recieved word that my uncle is ok. He was in the World trade center when the first plane hit.

Mr. Pockets 09-11-2001 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kvnobrien
I just recieved word that my uncle is ok. He was in the World trade center when the first plane hit.
That's good news, Kevin.