The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sunroof adjusting nut?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2035)

fongangus 11-20-2001 03:14 PM

Sunroof adjusting nut??

I saw the previous post that the sunroof problem can be fix be adjusting the gold hexa. shape nut. But I as I open the sunroof, I cannot found any gold, hexa. shape nut or something cover a nut. I only found a cross type nut on each sunroof rail. Can anyone point me out where is it?? Thanks.

Aredubjay 11-20-2001 06:09 PM

Re: Sunroof adjusting nut??

Quote:

Originally posted by fongangus
I saw the previous post that the sunroof problem can be fix be adjusting the gold hexa. shape nut. But I as I open the sunroof, I cannot found any gold, hexa. shape nut or something cover a nut. I only found a cross type nut on each sunroof rail. Can anyone point me out where is it?? Thanks.
Look on the roof headliner, just behind the dome light. There's a circular plastic disc. Remove the disc to find the nut. Don't expect much adjustment. It will move only slightly.

fongangus 11-20-2001 09:20 PM

Is it inside the car or outside the car?? I think behind the dome lights is the rear view mirror. Do I need to take off the dome light first??

SVXtc 11-20-2001 09:48 PM

my sunroof doesn't close by itself on the right side sometimes. Could this fix the problem?

Aredubjay 11-20-2001 11:30 PM

Quote:

Is it inside the car or outside the car?? I think behind the dome lights is the rear view mirror. Do I need to take off the dome light first??
It's on the inside of the car. You don't have to remove the dome light. It's an "obvious" plastic plug in your roof, directly behind the Dome light (not "under" it). It's the ONLY plastic plug in your roof.

SVXtc -- I had the same problem with the sunroof dragging on the right side. Adjusting the nut didn't fix it. I found that one of the nylon rollers had come apart and a piece of the debris from the roller was causing one side to drag. Thoroughly clean your tracks and look for any debris. Also, a little silicone lubricant smeared on the rubber gasket around the perimeter of the sunroof will help.

fongangus 11-21-2001 07:19 PM

I try to adjust the nut several times. But it still cannot fix the problem of opening. I still need to give it a push to open the sunroof.

Aredubjay 11-21-2001 11:05 PM

Quote:

I try to adjust the nut several times. But it still cannot fix the problem of opening. I still need to give it a push to open the sunroof.
Me too. Unless I'm going about 60 MPH. Then, the thing opens on its own. Try some silicone lubricant around the inner sealing gasket. Open the sunroof half way, spray some on a cloth and wipe it around the edges. That may help. If not, you may have to do the push treatment indefinitely. I've been doing it ever since I got my car. It's only a slight inconvenience.