The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: How many of you guys ski/board? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6368)

$VX 10-10-2002 10:13 AM

OT: How many of you guys ski/board?

Skier here. I dig the boarder style though. I love terrain parks. :) I can pull lui kangs and do switch landings now. :P

- Ca$h

Green1995SVX 10-10-2002 10:16 AM

Me me me. I've skied as long as I can remember... Instructor for 3 seasons.

I dont dig the fancy stuff... I'm more of a cruiser.

Mike

Pearlywhites1992 10-10-2002 10:21 AM

I dont dig the fancy stuff... I'm more of a cruiser

I'm going DH mountain biking tomorrow in Killington, VT.
Does that count?:D

Mr. Pockets 10-10-2002 10:30 AM

Re: I dont dig the fancy stuff... I'm more of a cruiser

Quote:

Originally posted by Pearlywhites1992
I'm going DH mountain biking tomorrow in Killington, VT.
Does that count?:D

I'd be jealous, but I've never done the DH thing on a bike.

But I've been skiing since...uh...well, pre-Master System.

benebob 10-10-2002 11:02 AM

Ski

I don't ski or snowboard. I telemark!:cool: Spent 23 years on skis only to become too bored with skiing at my local hill (real small and its not like I get anywhere bigger more than 1 or 2 times a year). Tried snowboarding and it was way to easy (my knees prevent 1/2 pipe excursions). Tried telemarking and fell in love. It's probably the most difficult thing I've ever done and will definately be a lifelong pursuit. There's nothing like skiing down the mountain wearing leather boots.

Free your heel, free your mind!:D :D :D

SuperRuu 10-10-2002 11:13 AM

i'm a boarder
but now i'm goin to saudi arab to find the guys
see ya all in 6 montsh

alacrity024 10-10-2002 01:04 PM

boarder here.. more a cruiser than a showoff, but I like to go fast. any new englanders wanna hit the slopes this winter?

-a:

Green1995SVX 10-10-2002 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
boarder here.. more a cruiser than a showoff, but I like to go fast. any new englanders wanna hit the slopes this winter?

-a:

I'll have to check my schedule, but I wouldnt mind making a trip to killington or the like this season. I'll have to test out my new SVX ski rack! Wheeeee.

Mike

mattski 10-10-2002 01:15 PM

I started skiing at the age of 4 and have not missed one winter for 40 years. Did some college racing on the east coast and ski bummed in Lake Tahoe in '79. Even after 100+ days on the snow that year I still did not get my fill. I am a complete snow addict. The summer is just wasted time that I cannot ski. I recently took up golf to keep occupied but I can honestly say that I could live in a year round winter climate.

Now I ski mostly the Catskills in New York with occasional trips to Vermont, and Utah when my employer decides that I should do some traveling.

I tried snowboarding a few years ago but the icy conditions in the east are not too conducive to it. I prefer a razor sharp pair of GS skis and very steep terrain. Two feet of Utah powder will do nicely too.

The season starts on Friday after Thanksgiving when I get together with college buddies to ski, drink beer, ski, barbeque, ski, drink beer, ski some more and finish with beer.:D

My pet peeve is weather forecasters extolling the virtues of 70 degree weather in January! Can't understand anyone being so thrilled over global warming.

Winter is almost here!

Matt

Green1995SVX 10-10-2002 01:23 PM

I think its time for a SVX ski meet... They do it in Japan!! :D

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~wx7h-trj...9/Dsc00023.jpg

Mike

$VX 10-10-2002 01:28 PM

That'd be fun. :)

alacrity024 10-10-2002 05:22 PM

I'm down. I'd be willing to drive, as I'm sure most people would be..

-Adam

wasions 10-11-2002 10:57 PM

Wife and I have been skiing for around 15 years or so. But until this last February, we'd never been to a mountain. We always did the Paoli Peaks thing in Indiana (an ex-pig farm). Last Feb we took the SVX to Steamboat Springs and had an absolute blast.

Wife is a cruiser (but pretty fast when she gets her legs). I like to be just past the edge of control. That's also how I autocross and ride MTB's and motorcycles. It tends to get me into trouble sometimes. So far nobody's died. ;)

subymtnguy 10-12-2002 07:26 AM

Skier!

Long time skier.....I remember when I was younger, I would ski from the time the lifts open until the time they closed.
I still like to get an early start, but , can't hang all day....It's time for a beer! :)

High speed cruisin' these days, don't have those 18yr old knees anymore. :( .....Best cruiser mountain IMHO, has to be Snowmass! It will make you feel like downhill racer! :) :) :)

Biggest bang for the buck; has to be Loveland..."Best ski area bar" (Rathskeller). :) :) :) :)

I would be all for a SVX ski meet.....I think Colorado would be a great place for one! ;)

Let it snow!!

SVXCAPE 10-12-2002 01:35 PM

I love skiing

I have been skiing for about seven years now and for the last four seasons I have had 130+ day seasons. My favorite places to ski are in the bumps (when there is no snow) , and in the trees (when its deep). I would have to say that moguls are my fav though, I never get tired of ripping perfect bump lines all the way down the Mary Jane , (back side of winter park resort where I live, mogul capital of the nation). I have been doing nothing but training for the upcoming season, I can't wait, one of the only things that instills this much excitement in me besides skiing is my SVX. I would love to have a SVX ski get together that would be the best of both worlds, I don't care where it is I will be there, with my whole arsonal of skis. oh yea, I will destroy anyone in the park, so bring it on.........