The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Starting a Subaru Club in Florida (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39407)

djdollar 06-17-2007 11:18 AM

Starting a Subaru Club in Florida

I was just wondering where are all the subaru's in central florida ? Since i move here from Portland, OR. in July of 2004, i havent seen very many Subaru's here. I personally have a 94 SVX, but i wanted to find out if there is a subaru club here in florida, if not i would like to start one. I have purchaced the domain www.subaruownersus.com, and in the coming week develop it to be a forum and more. I also am the IT Administrator for Springbreaknationals.com & iasca.com. Maybe next year & Spring Break Nationals @ Daytona Beach we cound have a Subaru section. If anybody is interested in having a subaru owners club in florida post your comments.

bwb3 06-18-2007 07:27 AM

It would be great to have a get together where you didn't have to drive far.
Gene

Nick_C 06-18-2007 09:14 AM

I'm up for it, but Tally is a drive from Cen FL.

djdollar 06-20-2007 07:26 PM

Lets start a contact list, and mabe we ca do a central meeting location ?
I will have the website up soon for this.

Bill

dcarrb 06-21-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djdollar
I was just wondering where are all the subaru's in central florida ? Since i move here from Portland, OR. in July of 2004, i havent seen very many Subaru's here.

There are probably more Subarus in the greater Portland area than in all of Florida, and Georgia, and Alabama...

dcb

GreenMarine 06-24-2007 10:06 AM

Try www.NASIOC.com... There are LARGE groups in florida that meet very often for meets and dinner and Autocross, etc... Hope that helps...

~ Chris

AvPPoW 07-30-2007 08:31 AM

I'd be up for it, I'm down in Daytona enough

wombat 07-31-2007 03:30 PM

there is a meet on the west coast Aug 5th (tampa) There are quite a few subys over here......then there is the Subaru Challenge in late Aug in Gainsville. I know its a drive, but we are here....

Here is that web site for you....

www.floridasubarus.com

ercouper 03-06-2017 11:04 AM

Re: Starting a Subaru Club in Florida

Mister Dollar,

I'm in central Florida and I also have a '94. I'd like to get involved with a group, but before i do that, I need to get mine running.

It died three weeks ago and my local shop is clueless. It's something electric. I can fly airplanes bit don't ask me anything about electric components. But the car's dead---the battery's good---and I need to some guidance to a local person who can fix it. I'm reluctant to put it in a dealer shop since the shop bill will be outrageous. You have any ideas?

I'm in Plant City.

92 SVX 03-06-2017 01:18 PM

Re: Starting a Subaru Club in Florida

Quote:

Originally Posted by ercouper (Post 745917)
Mister Dollar,

I'm in central Florida and I also have a '94. I'd like to get involved with a group, but before i do that, I need to get mine running.

It died three weeks ago and my local shop is clueless. It's something electric. I can fly airplanes bit don't ask me anything about electric components. But the car's dead---the battery's good---and I need to some guidance to a local person who can fix it. I'm reluctant to put it in a dealer shop since the shop bill will be outrageous. You have any ideas?

I'm in Plant City.

Hi, Jacksonville here, there are a number of subaru groups you may be interested in, most are now on facebook, the one I am in is N Florida Subaru Group, NFSG, there is also a Central Subaru group and at least one Tampa area group